• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Vacate the Universal Title, Brock can challenge Roman later this year

No Count Pup

Just call on me brother
The time has come for WWE to vacate the Universal Title. SummerSlam is the second biggest show of the year. It should be all hands on deck. Yet, the Universal Champion may skip the show. That is unacceptable.

Roman can win the vacant title at SummerSlam. Brock can challenge Roman later in the year. They could end their feud in an undisputed title match. What are your thoughts on vacating the Universal Title?

Maybe a RAW apparence of Lesnar could lead to Strowman cash in?
If I was the booker, have Roman, Lashley, Finn beat him up, even with some Undertaker or other legend like Goldberg. Beat him up, have Strowman show up, cash in, and book Lashley or Roman vs Strowman for SummerSlam

I'm almost at a point where I don't really care about the Universal Championship whatsoever. I'm just over any and all things Brock Lesnar and I just want the guy gone. I'm tired of Vince's schtick with him, I'm tired of the lack of quality 1 on 1 matches, I'm tired of the laziness of Lesnar, etc.. Having Roman Reigns win the title, for me, isn't going to do a damn thing to fix the lack of interest in the title picture because we're just trading one lackluster champion for another. Reigns has been in this position several times before already and they've all fallen flat due to Vince's unending quest to get Reigns over as the big ol' dominant, alpha male babyface he can jerk off to.

If WWE went the route of vacating the title, put it on someone fresh and not rehash the same frustrations fans have been dealing with for years regarding Reigns. I've no interest in seeing Reigns continue to flounder as the babyface champion that Vince wants and almost nobody else does.

What's so prestigious about this title? The first champion held it for a day. Kevin Owens lost it in 40 seconds. Goldberg was only around to promote the do-over Wrestlemania match and Brock Lesnar has become a missing father joke. An unpopular opinion, but I think the thing should be scrapped in favor of the WWE Championship appearing on both shows. It's just come to the point for me that I'd rather see Braun Strowman pick his teeth with AJ Styles than witness Lesnar stumble through another fight with Roman Reigns. That and every notable on Raw right now is the size of The Hulk, giving the belt no variety to where it can go. They've done nothing of note with the Universal title for me to care to see it at Summerslam. Vacating may seem like a solution, but for me it's just throwing dirt on a problem. The real issue is they've done nothing with this belt for it to be treated like a special attraction under Brock Lesnar's disappearing act. May as well be a midcard title for what good it's doing.

Personally, I don't care what they do with the title since they never gave me a reason to care for it. Balor, got hurt before he could have a proper run, Owens run made the title feel like a mid card title and not a world title, Goldberg was a fun little run for what it was and lesnar was a good gimmick but it lasted too long.

The fact is, when you have to say that the only title reigns that was good was Goldberg's reigns, you know you're in trouble.

Lesnar did a good job with what he was given which wasn't a lot but now it's time to give somebody a chance of making the title feel like a world title which hasn't happen since Goldberg won the belt.

I enjoy it. When he shows up it means so much more than being on the show all the time cutting promos with Heyman. What they should have done is too see if Lesnar would agree to filming angles from home and play them on the titan tron to help build stories. This would have an old AE feel too it which is good Nostalgia. It would probably help with all the angst towards Lesnar having the belt in this manner he has held it in.

Leanar is no doubt a big name and has helped establish the Unviversal Title as a legit world title but enough is enough. if he doesn’t defend the title at or before Summerslam then they need to strip the championship from him. It would be a shame they spent all this time building Lesnar as this invincible force and he doesn’t lay down and put somebody over on his way out.
Strowman makes the most sense if they are able to get Lesnar to drop the title before Summerslam. Lesnar hasn’t had a match on Raw since his return so it could hopefully draw some ratings to have a huge match up on tv. Strowman already stated he wants the beast whenever he shows up on Raw again. It’s not too late to book Strowman vs Lesnar for Extreme Rules if they don’t want to put it on free tv.
Regardless of who is the next champion is the bottom line is they need to get the Universal title off of Lesnar and back on tv. I’m not completely against a part timer holding title like Triple H, Goldberg and Rock. But at least they were featured and didn’t miss any significant tv time. If your not featured on tv for months on end then you shouldn’t be champion.

Brock Lesnar is the only WWE SuperStar in history to ever hold the WWE Universal and World Heavyweight Championship Title Belts. He should be treated as the special attraction that he is. The current use of the Universal Championship Title is a throwback to how Hulk Hogan used the Winged Eagle Belt. I don’t see anything wrong with the way the Big Red Belt is being kept away for sporadic appearances. Doing things this way only makes room for all of the other Championship Title Belts in the WWE today. People complain about the Championship Title Belts being hot-shotted or hot-potatoed for the past few decades, and now that the WWE is doing things the other way, the same people complain about the opposite effect. This is exactly what I wanted the WWE to do when I proposed they create their own Legends Championship Title Belt. Now I know this is a forum, and we all have every right to complain, but like Chris Jericho has said a million times, would you please shut the hell up!! When the Beast wins the UFC Championship Title Belt for the 2nd time, it will look so awesome seeing him holding both on UFC TV and WWE TV. Focus on the other 8 Championship Titles (10 Belts) in WWE, and the other 4 Championship Titles (5 Belts) in NXT, and the other 3 Championship Titles, (4 Belts) in NXT UK, and stop b!+€#!ñ6 about the reigning (barely) defending Heavyweight Champion of the Universe, Bbbbrrrroooocccckkkk Lllleeeessssnnnnaaaarrrr!!

Brock Lesnar is the only WWE SuperStar in history to ever hold the WWE Universal and World Heavyweight Championship Title Belts. He should be treated as the special attraction that he is.

If he was delivering big TV ratings, drawing record crowds, delivering huge numbers of WWE Network subscriptions and his single matches came off as must see events, I'd agree.

The current use of the Universal Championship Title is a throwback to how Hulk Hogan used the Winged Eagle Belt.

Not really. Even Hulk Hogan worked house shows and Lesnar hardly ever does that. Also, fans are used to seeing champions on television on a regular basis, it's been the norm for the better part of a quarter century. Times have changed and the simple truth is that a lot of fans are over the novelty of a champion who only defends a title every once in a while.

I don’t see anything wrong with the way the Big Red Belt is being kept away for sporadic appearances. Doing things this way only makes room for all of the other Championship Title Belts in the WWE today.

Again, not really. There's no main event championship on Raw, so what you've got are a lot of upper mid-card and event wrestlers ultimately going at it for no real reason. If Vince McMahon allowed creative to actually come up with compelling storylines for why these talents are fighting with each other, it'd make things easier. Considering that Raw is a 3 hour show and they no longer feature the Cruiserweight wrestlers on the show, that leaves the IC, Women's Raw and Raw Tag Team Championships so yeah, there's plenty of room to showcase main event title feuds.

People complain about the Championship Title Belts being hot-shotted or hot-potatoed for the past few decades, and now that the WWE is doing things the other way, the same people complain about the opposite effect.

As for hot potato or hot shotting people to titles, it's a legit complaint but that doesn't take away from the fact that WWE has the top title on Raw on a wrestler fans hardly ever see and is either unable to perform in high level 1 on 1 matches or unwilling because he's too lazy. Also, generalizing fans in an attempt to strengthen your position doesn't work when the complaints have actual merit.

This is exactly what I wanted the WWE to do when I proposed they create their own Legends Championship Title Belt.

Why? To create a title with no real purpose other than to be carried around for no other reason than nostalgia? Besides, most guys you can legitimately consider to be legends are at an age and/or in physical condition where they can't deliver a 5 minute match. WWE barely does enough with half the titles they already have, let alone a title for older wrestlers.

Now I know this is a forum, and we all have every right to complain, but like Chris Jericho has said a million times, would you please shut the hell up!! When the Beast wins the UFC Championship Title Belt for the 2nd time, it will look so awesome seeing him holding both on UFC TV and WWE TV. Focus on the other 8 Championship Titles (10 Belts) in WWE, and the other 4 Championship Titles (5 Belts) in NXT, and the other 3 Championship Titles, (4 Belts) in NXT UK, and stop b!+€#!ñ6 about the reigning (barely) defending Heavyweight Champion of the Universe, Bbbbrrrroooocccckkkk Lllleeeessssnnnnaaaarrrr!!

Patrick, you're usually a far, far better poster than this. Frankly, you're too good to go off on a rant like some butt hurt fanboy who doesn't like people criticizing his favorite wrestler. Lesnar's a shitty Universal Champion in the minds of a lot of people, it's not entirely his fault as he doesn't wrestle until Vince wants him to but it is his fault given his uninspired performances in many of his matches. Unless you're AJ Styles, the only way to get a good match out of Lesnar is to put him in three and fourway matches so that the other wrestlers can cover for him. BTW, Brock Lesnar will never, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever be UFC Heavyweight Champion again. Lesnar could barely beat an over the hill nobody like Mark Hunt via decision, so there's no way he could hang with Stipe Miocic. He's way out of Lesnar's league, and was even when Lesnar was in his overrated MMA prime. I doubt Lesnar will ever be given a title shot again considering the high profile nature of his failed drug tests in UFC. If/when he does go back, it'll be as a special attraction.

I enjoy it. When he shows up it means so much more than being on the show all the time cutting promos with Heyman. What they should have done is too see if Lesnar would agree to filming angles from home and play them on the titan tron to help build stories. This would have an old AE feel too it which is good Nostalgia. It would probably help with all the angst towards Lesnar having the belt in this manner he has held it in.

Sounds reasonable and it's something that'd at least help in regards to his absence. If he's going to be gone for so long, at least this could be used as a tool to build up programs while he's off living in the middle of nowhere stalking wild animals. Of course, I wouldn't be at all surprised if he didn't want to do this and, if he didn't, that'd be fine with Vince. Lesnar has such a surprising hold over Vince that I actually half wonder, well maybe a tenth wonder, if the old rumors about him having threesomes with Lesnar and Sable have any truth to them.

I don't have a problem with a champ who doesn't show up every week or at eevry PPV, but still, Lesnar should show up MORE.

Now, there's no way Lesnar won't be at Summerslam. He will be there.

Still the Universal Championship is a cursed belt. Gets booed on its debut, Balor gets injured, Owens seems less while holding it in comparison to when he doesn't have a belt, Goldberg was 50+, and now Lesnar and the fact that they are still trying to get Roman over.
Just have the WWE Champion defend on both shows. Imagine how amazing the champ would look and how much prestige the belt would gain.

The roster can't handle two world champions anyway.

I'm at a point where I feel like Intercontinental Championship is the top title. I have forgotten about Universal Championship's existence multiple times.

Won't watch the title matches until Brock loses the title.

It's a decent idea and I like it but when you have your Bosses nuts in a vice like Brock has Vince's you can do whatever you want.

Sadly I don't see Brock dropping the belt until he leaves for MMA again

I'm at a point where I feel like Intercontinental Championship is the top title. I have forgotten about Universal Championship's existence multiple times.

Won't watch the title matches until Brock loses the title.

I've gotten that feeling ever since the universal title was introduce but with the u.s title at the time.

Let's face it, WWE didn't do a great job in making the title feel like a world title from the very beginning. Look at the lineage of the championship (Balor,Owens,Goldberg,Lesnar). None of them set the world on fire with the belt.

I'm not against Lesnar only showing up at major event. But at the same time i feel he should have drop it to Reigns at mania so that they could have use Reigns to make somebody afterward. I would have loved to see a Renewed feud between Reigns And Strowman over the championship after mania or even Reigns and Lashley would have been fun as well instead of just waiting for Lesnar to show up to drop the belt to reigns at summerslam.

But that's just my take on it. in the end, it's vince's call what he does with Lesnar and if he doesn'T want him on every PPV that's is right but the whole Lesnar only show up for big fight scenario as run his course month ago and they need to have him drop the belt soon.

Sounds reasonable and it's something that'd at least help in regards to his absence. If he's going to be gone for so long, at least this could be used as a tool to build up programs while he's off living in the middle of nowhere stalking wild animals. Of course, I wouldn't be at all surprised if he didn't want to do this and, if he didn't, that'd be fine with Vince. Lesnar has such a surprising hold over Vince that I actually half wonder, well maybe a tenth wonder, if the old rumors about him having threesomes with Lesnar and Sable have any truth to them.

Lol, now the last sentence does seem pretty damn true. For sure, I doubt Lesnar would have agreed to do this, either. At least we both agree it would have helped increase his presence on RAW. It could have worked during builds for PPV's or help keep interest in knowing who holds the main RAW belt.

Reality is that they have to get Brock in the building and do the cash in... or the title's cred is completely toast...

It may mean they have to give Brock his release (which he probably wants) but it's better than basically shitcanning the title. If they vacate it without Brock losing it, then they literally may as well pull an Alundra cos it's worthless.

To be honest, I wouldn't be too sad... AJ is doing mad things with the WWE title and it has far more lustre at the moment than Brock's red belt...

The more i think about it, the more i'm thinking just retire the title all together and Bring back the world title.

The universal title experiment as been a total failure since it'S inception 2 years ago. They tried making it feel like a world title when they put it on owens and it didn't work, They tried again with Goldberg and now Lesnar and it didn't work either. Whoever gets the belt from Lesnar will have the same problem with it for the simple reason that the secondary title feel more like a world title then the universal title ever will.

The fact is, this belt as been booked like crap since the beginning. The owens Run felt like if a mid card talent won the belt and his whole title run was booked like that. They tried to elevate the belt by putting it on Goldberg but the fact that while very entertaining, his match with lesnar wasn't put on last at mania didn'T help the title.

Then They're lesnar. At first, i really like what they did with the title, just have him defend the belt on major show was a great idea, it helped the title by actually be looked at as a big deal and help the underneath champion as well but like bruce pritchard says it on his podcast, then the bell rang. Lesnar didn't have one great or even good one on one title defend since he won the belt.

His match with Joe was decent at best but was really short. His match with Strowman was awful. He had the great match With AJ Styles but that wasn'T for the title so that doesn'T count. The triple threat at the rumble was painful to watch and while i really respect Reigns, his matches with lesnar we're really awful and that's mostly fall on Lesnar for phoning in every performances he has for the past year and a half or even more then that.

So to say that the WWE universal championship is a complete failure at this point isn't a understatement. I Don't know if anybody on Raw can actually repair the damage they did to that title since they started the whole thing.

So if i was them, i would have Angle & Corbin come out on raw, say that they decided to retire the championship and that at summerslam, they would crown a new Raw world heavyweight champion. Do a fatal four way match between Rollins, Reigns, Lashley and Mcintyre. Have Mcintyre win the belt only for Strowman to cash in and win the belt. That way you set up multiple title feud for Strowman and you have four guys that can actually hide strowman weaknesses.

Come on WWE, enforce the title defense rule. Have Stephanie come out, declare that the title hasn't been defended in the allotted time frame and vacate the title. Then, either have qualifying matches, or a tournament style PPV to crown a new champion. Mix in superstars from the present, past from both Raw and Smackdown to be involved.
What does everyone think?

The title should have been vacated by Extreme Rules of LAST YEAR. I've hated this reign because it leaves the top tier stars with nothing to do until Brock shows up. People can say "it makes the title matches more special" all they want, I disagree. This isn't the same as the days of having so few PPV events. If other champions in the past were forced to defend every 30 days then Brock should have to also. Other than the Samoa Joe feud last summer there has not been a single good match that resulted out of Brock's reign. Raw is terrible right now and the top title being held hostage is a big part of that. The top tier stars need something to fight for that's regularly available. All this just for Roman to lose the match no one wanted to see, as well as its rematch. HORRIBLE! An entire year of nonsense with Brock as the champion was pointless in the end with Roman not winning. Makes me wish Strowman would just use the briefcase to challenge Brock this coming monday whether he shows up or not. If he's not there then they strip him of the title because Strowman, due to being the Monster In The Bank, can challenge anywhere anytime. I don't care what it takes anymore even if it's Roman who gets the title. The sooner we have a full-time Universal Champion the better.

I don't buy the rumors of Lesnar not being at SummerSlam, so let Reigns win the title there. Sure I'm not the biggest Reigns fan, but at least it gets the world title back on the show every week. Of course Reigns is still going to get booed, making this entire thing pointless. And then they'll crown him yet again at WrestleMania 35 just because. And WrestleMania 36 and so on. And then they'll wonder why he's still booed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back