• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Using Twitter to get over

Disturbed

Championship Contender
Many of WWE superstars have a twitter. Pretty much all of them are nice to fans and act respectful. So what if WWE used twitter to get superstars over with the fans. Basically they could kayfabe twitter.

Heres what they could do,

Have the heels talk bad to fans on twitter and talk bad about other superstars. It would really piss the fans off and the faces could take up for them. Heels could pick a random person that tweets them and tweet back talking bad about them. Then a face could come in and take up for them. For example.

Fan tweets to The Miz - MIz you are so Awesome. You are my favorite superstar.

Miz replies to fan - I don't care what you think. I know I am awesome and I don't need a stupid fan to tell me.

Cena tweets Miz - Miz, this fan is not stupid. They complimented you and you disrespected them. It was uncalled for.

Do you see where I am going. It would help superstars get over because Twitter is a popular site that a lot of people follow WWE Superstars.

What do you think? Would it be considered Cyber Bullying?

Well I like the general idea of kayfabe twitters but would it really be necessary to fight over twitter when they can just do so in the ring - its much more effective IMO.

And to make a promo that builds on twitter would be absolutely hilarious.... "Hey dude you flamed me on twitter!" "Let's have a much and I'll flame you even more!" idk, it sounds wrong. LOL

Yeah it be cool, but then some freak will kill themselves because Miz told them their opinion was dumb, the crazies wreck it for everyone

Using Twitter to get over by being in kayfabe on their Twitter pages? They basically already do that though. Pretty much every wrestler who has a Twitter is in character. That's to generate fan reactions. To get people to like a face or to dislike a heel. It sounds dumb but it's actually a good idea due to how many people use Twitter. That's one of the faster ways these days to get noticed. It wouldn't be "cyber bullying" at all. The heels could remain in character to get heat and the faces stand up for the fans. It's not a bad idea at all and they already do something similar to that on some of their pages. It's all kayfabe'd in a way to get people over and it works.

Yeah, whether theyre in kayfabe, or being "themselves", I dont see a problem with it whatsoever. Twitter is so popular these days, so why not take advantage of its popularity? Allow the heels to be heels as much as can be, and the faces as well. Twitter can be a valuable tool to allow superstars to both interact with fans, as well as draw heat or become more popular. I like when Superstars tweet on subjects "outside" of the WWE as well, because it allows them to be seen as real people, which helps get them over as well. It helps the casual fan interact with, and identify with them more. I don't personally use it, but I know alot of people who do and enjoy interacting with people they normally wouldn't get the chance to.

You know, I'm kinda torn on this. Granted, I'm not a fan of the Miz anyways, but even other heels have been semi-cordial when tweeting. Even Tara/Victoria has been kind to fans, and even Chavo, and Randy Orton even when he was heel has been kind, hell even Wade Barrett has been cool to people on twitter. I don't necessarily think its about 'getting over' per se. I think its about taking it too far sometimes. You know granted there are some people who don't know when to stop the on-stage persona. That can really come off as being a blow-hard, and make people start disliking them. Granted, as talented as one can be in the ring, if their people skills lack, pretty soon it won't matter how talented you are in the ring, the more people hear how horrendous your social skills are and how you treat people with quips like that as exampled by Miz, and whether he was joking or not, it really will not leave a good taste in the mouth of fans and will reflect poorly on WWE as making them appear that they approve for their wrestlers to treat people like that. Its probably just me since I've never liked the Miz to begin with, but when people start being shitty for no other reason other than to further his/her own agenda and they have the possibility to go far, I only see nothing but trouble in the future. You will only get back what you put out. So if Miz starts putting out that kind of crappy attitude, he should be expecting to get it back.

I think it would take a lot of work for not enough of a return.

In order for you to have a big enough following on Twitter for this to be effective, you have to be fairly well-known to begin with.

If they are already known, then what's the point? It would take months for the fans you insult on Twitter to make there move to the live shows.

I dont get why they havent BEEN doing this, I mean be in keyfabe 24 7, if your in public esp when on flights, think if your on a flight to miami last sunday and you see Edge wheeling paul bearer in a wheelchair to terminal B, it would be classic, I read about one time back in the day sumone took a belt from sumone in an airport and this type of thing would be classic, be in charater at all time while in PUBLIC, just like how they randomly had camera at randy ortan house when HHH beat the mess out of him take the camera in airports at signing and have them make impromptu fights and spats, now THATS a way to fill time during a show instead of 12 ads about the newest DVD drop.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back