• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Update: Lindsay Lohan gets 30 days in jail

LSN80

King Of The Ring
I'm a few days behind on this one.

http://www.cnn.com/2011/11/02/showbiz/lohan-probation-hearing

In a follow-up to the story I ran two weeks ago regarding Lindsay Lohan getting a second chance, the TV/movie star and singer was given 30 days in jail following a court hearing this past Wednesday in which she acknowledged she violated the terms of her probation. Lohan had previously been given 120 days in jail in May 2010 for past probation violations, specifically two drunken driving convictions dating back to 2007. However, Lohan served 35 days of house arrest instead due to overcrowding of the jail population. Los Angeles Superior Court Judge Stephanie Sautner, who had given Lohan the initial 120 days in jail last year, handed Lohan the jail sentence, and said the following about it:

"Until you completes the 53 remaining days on her court-ordered community service, you must work 12 days a month in the L.A. County Morgue, and attend 18 psychotherapy sessions. If you violate probation again, you will be returned to jail for 270 days. This is what we really call putting the keys to the jail in the defendant's hands."

Why the extra 270 days? The full sentence imposed by the judge was 150 days for violating probation dating back to her 2007 drunk driving arrests, and 150 days for the violation of probation from necklace theft this past May. The 270 days were suspended providing Lohan complies with her "last chance" jail sentence and probation. However, the jail sentence of 30 days isn't as cut and dry as it seems. Lohan could wind up serving much, much less then the 30 day sentence, as explained by Los Angeles County Sheriff spokesman Steve Whitmore.

"It's possible she could be booked in and booked out on the same day. Wednesday afternoon.It depends on the fluctuations of the day, what's going on in the jail.

Prosecutors argued for more jail time for Lohan after she missed 12 of 20 scheduled workdays at a downtown Los Angeles women's center, and canceled 14 of 19 scheduled appointments for court-ordered psychotherapy. Lohan's lawyer had argued that Lohan was unable to afford the psychotherapy sessions, and going to a general practice would be too hard on her due to being swarmed by papparazzi. They also tried to introduce evidence that Lohan had participated in "phone sessions" with a psychotherapist, but the judge ruled that this was not part of the court agreement.

"From what I see of you, you need a structure. You are to return to court each month following serving your 30 days in jail, for which you are to report no later then November 8th. If you are not in full compliance, the full weight of your probation will be carried out."

The judge did note that the morgue where Lohan has been serving her community service has been very pleased with her, and that she even completed more hours then were required between her last hearing and this one. Lohan will return to court following her 30 day jail sentence and another week of community service on December 14th. Lohan, if successful, will be eligible to be off parole in approximately one year.

Thoughts on this?

I hate the fact that she's getting off so easy. If this was any other person they'd have been in jail long ago. She refuses to do what the court mandates, only to get "30 days" in prison, where she'll probably spend the night. Give me a break.

That being said, she has been doing better as of late at this morgue, but it might all just be a front. She knew she was probably going to get jail time, so why not save face before that? I mean, maybe she really is trying to do her time, but I don't buy it. Hell, I just saw an article talking about her partying and stuff, crashing an after party for the new Leonardo DiCaprio movie. (source: http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/45181412/ns/today-entertainment/#.Trby0vSXuso) It's clear to me, from that, that she's not taking any of this seriously. Either that or she need some serious help. I don't know what problems she may really have (according to her father it all has to do with drugs), but I find it hard to sympathize with someone who has been given so many chances and squandered them all.

The judge did note that the morgue where Lohan has been serving her community service has been very pleased with her, and that she even completed more hours then were required between her last hearing and this one.

Reading that makes me think of Paris Hilton's jail sentence being "discontinued" by the sheriff who was detaining her. According to reports, he sent her home weeks early because she cried that she didn't like being there. Apparently, he was bowled over by the idea of having a celebrity in his humble lock-up. Why else would he let her go? I'll tell you what: if you ever (God forbid) have to go to jail, try telling the jailer you want to go home because you don't like it there......see how far it gets you.

Same thing with Lindsay Lohan; according to what we read, she either misses her community service requirements when she has something else she'd rather do......or she does a magnificent job when she does show up. Is the latter true, or is that the people in charge of her community service are so knocked out by her fame that they give her glowing reports?

It's good for someone with her wealth and fame to be prevented from living their chosen lifestyle, even if only for a few days. Regular folks like us are restricted from doing absolutely anything we want because we lack the funds and the fame; people like Lindsay Lohan aren't used to having their freedom restricted in any way, shape or form.

All these interventions with the law are mere inconveniences to her; she just sends her lawyers to fix it.....and usually, they do. But with this girl, her transgressions are reaching the point that her wealth and fame won't buy her out of it anymore.

At least, I hope so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back