• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Unfitting finishers ?!

GSM

YOU RULED THE WORLD LONG ENOUGH !!!
Well most wrestlers have finishing moves and most wrestlers use these moves to well ... finish their opponent. Some of these finisher really do fit the style and character of the wrestler like the sharpshooter fitted Bret Hart perfectly and so did the Stunner with Steve Austin but there are some finishers that are so out of place that I´m just asking myself : "What kind of BS is that supposed to do ?!?!"

Like MVP´s what´s it called ? Well that neckbreaker thingy ... it just doesnt´t fit his style how can one of your finishers be a boot to the face and the other an overcomplicated neckbreaker that doesn´t do any damage.
Even the F... Attitude Adjustment does fit Cena´s style somehow it´s rather simple. Hogan´s legdrop is another example from a guy with the "largest arms in the world" you expect some kind of slam but no ... legdrop

What do you think ? Is it important that the finishers fit the style ? Do you know any unfitting finishers ?

I think Hogan's fit him purely as it was a "showy" finisher. When he set it up he had the crowd eating out of his hands. It is like the People's Elbow. It is really a lame finishing manouver, but it got such a reaction from the crowd it got over. Rock's Elbow started off as a joke according to HHH, it was nothing more than MVP's Ballin' Elbow today, just another movr, but it got so over it had to be a finisher. Stunner aside, you will be hard pressed to find a more memorable finisher than Hogan's Leg Drop and therefore it fit Hogan's style.

I think Cena's fits his character, especially when he uses it on someone like Khali or Show. It gets over how strong he actually is. MVP's playmaker I will give you. Morrison has a much better version, MVP should stick with his Drive-By, or better yet find a new one.

My choice will be Carlito and Primo using the backstabber. As a heel, this move was perfect for Carlito. As an athletic face? No. Same with Primo. If I remember correctly he started off with a missile dropkick or a diving crossbody off the ropes. Something off the rope is more fitting for Primo than the backstabber. In fact, him and TBK swapping finishers would suit both of their characters better.

I don't think the Samoan Spike fits Umaga well enough for his finisher. It fits his character as a regular/signature move but he's very athletic for his size, I just don't like him using a finisher that they have to give unathletic, stiff giants like Khali.

The Walls of Jericho, or any submission for a heel not named Kurt Angle. Seriously, the hold has beaten how many people under 50 years old this year? It simply does not work because top faces don't ever tap out. Cena damn near killed that move's credibility for being in the hold forever and not tapping. The Codebreaker is far better as it's a knockout move which works as a face or a heel. Now the Liontamer could work, but as for the Walls: no. it's terrible and needs to be changed.

Hmm, good thread actually. Most of these honours go to rookies that no one gives a shit about, I didnt think the Final Cut was ever a good move for Big Show, especially as both Melina and the Hurricane have done better variations over the years.

Chavo's brainbuster just didnt work, neither did the Gory Bomb in all fairness, both came while there was still a cruiserweight division which worked to his advantage but it just didnt look right, Chavo was too small for it.

The Overdrive that all the new talent seems to get, it's crap.

That swinging Neckbreaker thing for Test, I mean he was such a huge dude and the running big boot/gutwrench powerbomb were awesome. All of a sudden he's doing a neckbreaker, just didnt work for me.

I'll probably be back in this thread at some point.

Reactions: GSM
Another good example would be Mike Knox´s finisher the ... what´s it called ? Oh yeah Knox Out, he too is a rather big guy but what does he do some strange looking swinging neckbreaker or whatever but in the most unfitting finisher is Mr. Kennedy´s Mic Check, he was better of with his Greenbay Plunge it somehow showed that he´s capable of something athletic this Mic Check shit is just boring and looks boring.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back