• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Undertaker vs Sting or Undertaker & Sting

Wrestling Mind 300

Dark Match Winner
I know people have been clamoring for Undertaker vs Sting as it would be historic and its been a long time coming. However, Sting lost to Triple H at Wrestlemania 31 so if he loses again at Wrestlemania 32 that wouldn't look good for Stings wwe run. And I don't see Undertaker one of WWE's longest serving wrestlers losing against Sting a former WCW wrestler and would have only been in wwe for 2 years by the time Wrestlemania 32 comes round. Either one of these men shouldn't be taking the fall especially if it's their last match.

A tag team match however could work since the streak as already been broken so there wouldn't be a need for taker to wrestle a one on one match and would give both men the send off they deserve with both men winning followed by a future Hall of fame induction. Kane could also be added into the match turning his back on the authority making it a 6 man tag as he is one half of the brothers of destruction so all three legends stand tall and retire riding off to the sunset.

Do you still want Undertaker vs Sting?
Or a tag team match?

By WM32 it would be just over a year for Sting, and probabl limited appearences for him. Even less for Undertaken given his past.

I like the idea of a tag team but with would be very hard to build it without either planned on TV much. You also need to establish a tag team and reason for them to fight. Again, very hard given their limited appearences.

You really need to buid it that one of them constantly gets beat down, more likely to be Sting as he will probably on TV more. But then you have the issue of Sting losing a WM31 to HHH and then getting his ass kicked for Taker to make the save.

Thi it is very hard to make it a good story for WM32

Either one of these men shouldn't be taking the fall especially if it's their last match.

Yes, that factor probably explains why we didn't see Sting & Undertaker fight this year. For the past couple years, I had wondered who could possibly lose if that match was made.....and we saw the answer: they didn't make the match at all.

Would this same problem apply to WM32? I'm of the opinion that if Sting won this year's match, it would be more feasible to have him job to 'Taker next year. Now, I just don't know. I don't particularly care to see Sting lose his only two matches in WWE (presuming these would be his only two), yet, I wasn't thrilled to see Undertaker lose at WM last year......it seemed to me an awfully high price to pay just to build up Brock Lesnar.

A tag team match, either with Sting & 'Taker on the same side or opposing each other? I suppose the folks who are thrilled just to see Sting in a WWE ring would be satisfied, but I'd rather watch him fight as a single, the way he always has.

But seeing them fight together is better than nothing......and if neither will job in a singles match and they don't team, nothing will be what we get.

Bray Wyatt proved you don't have to have the other person there to build the match, but in this case there wouldn't be anyone there for any type of build.

I would rather in all honesty see them as tag team. The issue is the team they would be going against should be established, as they will most likely lose to Taker and Sting. That way a loss wouldn't affect them much, and they would have to be heels.

Oh God the only team I can think of is Kane and Big Show. Time to go back to the drawing board on this one.

I like the idea of them teaming up. What if this did something like:

Undertaker, Sting & Kane (masked version) vs. Wyatt Family (lets say they rejoin the group).

Or WWE recreates the Nexus group lead by Barrett.

Undertaker, Sting, Kane & Big Show vs Barrett & Nexus

The Nexus group could just be Barrett leading a couple of up and coming NXT talents. ANd then Undertaker, Sting, Kane, and Big Show can all retire together.

I know people have been clamoring for Undertaker vs Sting as it would be historic and its been a long time coming. However, Sting lost to Triple H at Wrestlemania 31 so if he loses again at Wrestlemania 32 that wouldn't look good for Stings wwe run. And I don't see Undertaker one of WWE's longest serving wrestlers losing against Sting a former WCW wrestler and would have only been in wwe for 2 years by the time Wrestlemania 32 comes round. Either one of these men shouldn't be taking the fall especially if it's their last match.

A tag team match however could work since the streak as already been broken so there wouldn't be a need for taker to wrestle a one on one match and would give both men the send off they deserve with both men winning followed by a future Hall of fame induction. Kane could also be added into the match turning his back on the authority making it a 6 man tag as he is one half of the brothers of destruction so all three legends stand tall and retire riding off to the sunset.

Do you still want Undertaker vs Sting?
Or a tag team match?

Yeah I still want Undertaker and Sting. Tag match main events should only be for RAW and Smackdown not PPVs.

I just wonder how WWE would put the Taker/Sting storyline together, they're both fan favorites and they're both part time. Only thing I can think of how they could do it without turning any of them is have it like how they did HHH and Taker for WM 28 where they both returned at the same time and stared each other down.

I'm of the opinion that 'Taker vs Sting should be put on the same list as Austin vs Goldberg, Cena vs Hogan, Rock vs Michaels etc

Now reports claim 'Taker and Sting were discussing potentially locking up. If Sting had won at 'Mania I could maybe see it happening, but is Vince going to want to put a WCW guy over HIS guy. If they run this match chances are 'Taker wins. That means Sting is going to be 0-2. Potentially 1-2 if he has another match before then.

I think of they run this match, and Sting lays down, he's a dick. The reason he didn't join years ago is because he didn't want to get buried . Then 14 years later after he's pissed away the second half of his career in TNA he comes in to the WWE to lose. Maybe TNA didn't pay so well.
Now reports claim 'Taker and Sting were discussing potentially locking up.

Sting & Taker vs HBK & HHH would be epic. But idk where they want to go, since after Sting/HHH they shook hands. Maybe they did that so it's no longer "WCW vs WWE" and Sting & Taker teaming would make more sense?

As a side note, I was very happy with the Sting/HHH match. This coming from a lifelong Sting fan. The story told was absolutely perfect.

Idc who wins or who loses the match. Sting vs 'Taker is just too mouth watering to ignore.

I've been wanting to see this match since 1997. Even though that they're both not what they once were physically, they can both still relatively go and they both proved that at Wrestlemania. IMO, I feel that most fans are like me. They're not thinking about the finish, they just want to see the match. Can anyone imagine the draw that this match would be? It would just be amazing. I get excited just thinking about it. A split crowd chanting, "Under Taker.....Let's go Sting." It would be fantastic and they would make a lot of money. The Franchise of WCW vs the Phenom of WWE!!!!!

I just can't wait.

I would prefer a big tag match, Sting, Undertaker & Kane vs The Wyatt Family, put the careers on the line and have the Wyatts win.

I like the HHH & HBK vs Undertaker & Sting as well.

Tag matches make the most sense, these guys don't really have the gas to pull off 20-25 minute singles match. HBK been out the ring 4 years, HHH workrate is diminished, Sting is almost 60 and Undertaker lost more than a step over the last two years. It's better for them all.

I say let the young guys rock though. Give the Wyatts that rub and end Kane, Sting and Undertaker all in one fell swoop.

If you do Sting vs Undertaker the match shouldn't be longer than 10 minutes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back