• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Undertaker Vs Shawn Michaels

Who won?

• Undertaker

• Shawn Michaels

Results are only viewable after voting.

litarock82

Dark Match Winner
Ok, i havent done one of these threads in about 6 months, but i want your opinions on this classic matchup:
Undertaker Vs Shawn Michaels
its easy you decide who wins in the following 5 categorys, none can be a draw:
promo skills
in ring skills
who had the most memorable feuds
who had the most memorable world title runs
your personal favourite

mine is this:
promo skills - undertaker - didnt even need to say a word to get his message across, but his promos when he does speak are actually good
in ring skills - no doubt HBK
feuds - very tough - im going to go with undertaker
title runs - undertaker
personal favourite - no draws so undertaker

1) almost 50/50 but i give it HBK is a great talker but he is better at backing up his words, however give him a comedy or a DX skit and he's gold. Taker can't compete with that, Taker is just good at sounding demonic.

2) HBK hands down no contest

3) Memorable fueds, i'd have to go with HBK, Bret/Austin and Triple H spanned decades not counting the others like Razor Ramon, Diesel and the like

4) Memorable title runs - bout the same, neither are that memorable, both are about chasing the title not winning it. But since we are chosing i say Taker only cause it's easier to remember him with the title, HBK just had better matches while champ imo.

5) Damn this is tough, Taker is the heart/soul of atleast 3 era's, and his entrance theme for most of his career is the most atmospheric, HBK is the consumate showman and as is promoted, noone outperforms him in a big show environment.

I'm gonna chose HBK but only by a whisker.

so the overall winner for me i guess is HBK.

promo skills: Shawn Micheals.
in ring skills: Undertaker why because of his height if we was small as Shawn Michaels,Taker would be able to do what michaels do. based on the height i would have to choose TAKER.
the most memorable feuds: Undertaker.
the most memorable world title runs: Hmmm tough one HBK.
your personal favourite: Another Tough one. You make the rules and i will break um. with that being said they both are my favorite.

promo skills: HBK...are you kidding me? He's one of the better talkers in the business EVER
in ring skills: Unquestionably HBK. Possibly the greatest ever.
the most memorable feuds: HBK...Triple H, Bret Hart, Undertaker, British Bulldog, Stone Cold, Ric Flair, Marty Jannetty, Diesel, Razor Ramon...and some of those were while the Undertaker was doing casket matches with Kama Mustafa.
the most memorable world title runs: I can't really remember a significant moment in any of Undertaker's title runs. Maybe they just don't stand out. HBK's I probably remember as I was getting into wrestling in 1996 so it stood out to me. His 1996 reign was incredible and I remember Montreal and losing to SCSA at WM 14 and his win in the Elimination Chamber w/his brown pants. I guess I'll go with HBK, but I could go either way on this.
your personal favorite: HBK unquestionably. I never understood the appeal of the Undertaker. His matches with Kane literally lulled me to sleep. His promos never excited me, his matches just seemed cookie cutter...I always loved HBK's stuff. Once he "broke through" he was incredible. His comeback in 2002 was unreal. Coming back after a horrific back injury and being possibly BETTER than before? Unbelievable! I'm going with HBK.

Undertaker promos have been my favourite promos since I started watching in the early 90's so I have to give this one to Undertaker. I think HBK is amazing at promos also and some of the ones he did during the late 90's with DX are some of the most entertaining in WWE history. Undertaker takes it for me because of how much I looked foward to his promos being a huge fan of the character and he always deliverd.

This one is tough but I will give it to Shawn Micheals. It's tough because for his size I really feel that Undertaker is one of (if not the) most talented, diverse in ring giants in WWE history. HBK is in my top 5 in ring performers in pro wrestling history though so I give this one to him...just.

Feuds - This one is easy for me...Undertaker wins it hands down. He has been involved in all of my favourite WWE storylins since I started watching. His feuds with Kane, Mankind, Jake the Snake, HBK etc where all brilliant and more entertaining than the WWE could ever come with nowdays. Some of his storylines have been as good as any hollywood horror movie and he has bought out the best in many a great superstar.

I give title runs to Shawn Micheals. The Undertaker was never really about the title and although I like seeing him with the Championship I think HBK's run where more meaningful.

My personal favourite has and always will be Undertaker. I can't express enough how much I adore his character and have done since the begining. I was not a fan of the American Badass Undertaker but the fact he has changed, transformed himself over the years to stay relevant is amazing.

Undertaker wins 3 - 2

Promo Skills: Shawn Michaels. He shows sooo much emotion and puts soo much heart into them. He can turn a shitty promo and make it amazing.
In Ring Skills: I gotta go with HBK again. During the 90's Taker wasn't consistently good with his skills. But during the 2000's he developed more technical ability and until maybe a couple years ago, he was great. HBK has always been great throughout.
who had the most memorable feuds: I say it's a tie. Both of them have had beyond memorable feuds. Two of the most memorable being with eachother!
who had the most memorable world title runs: Taker. All of his title runs had great feuds in them.
your personal favorite: HBK. He's been my second fave of all time forever! :D

HBK wins 4-1

Promo Skills:Undertaker's promos have always been awesome even if he dont speak...His gestures do the talking..!!

In Ring Skills:This one goes to HBK but only slightly as Undertaker is really good for his size..!!

Most Memorable Feuds:Its an easy one..It's Undertaker who have had great feuds throughout his career..!!

Most Memorable Title Run:I will give this one to Undertaker too as i thimk when he has been champion,it have been really good TV...!!

My Personal Favorite:Hands Down Undertaker..!! :worship:

Undertaker wins 4:1

Promo Skills: HBK. This man could talk his ass off and could easily make anybody body, including Taker, look stupid

Ring Skills: Although i do take Takers size and athleticism into consideration, ive never seen HBK put on a bad match. He's put on more classics than Taker and had outstanding showmanship and conditioning

Most Memorable Feuds: Giving this to undertaker. He is the most storied character in WWE and his feuds were much more epic and meaningful. On top of that, he barely ever had to feud over the title. Alotta HBK feuds i remember involved the WWE title. Takers feuds were just more captivating

Most Memorable Title Run: Even though Undertaker had more runs, none of them were really all that entertaining to me. I always found him much more interesting without the title as i felt he was above it in a sense. But As far as memorable runs this wun goes to HBK. His heel run in 97 was legendary IMO and he was at his best here. This is the era of the Hell in a Cell with Taker, the Montreal Screwjob, the Casket match with taker, his feud with Austin..his promos during this time were crazy, and he was basically carrying the company at this point

My Personal Favorite: I really didnt like HBK all that much when he came back from the back injury. He didnt have the edge that made him so kool back i the late 90's. Ive liked taker on a more consistent basis, but the old HBK is my 3rd all time favorite behind Rock and Austin..so i guess since hes been more consistent, i gotta go with Taker

Promo skills: Undertaker, from the mannerisms right to what he says. He's brilliant, doesn't even really need to talk. HBK was always best as a heel in his promos but Taker takes it in my opinion.

In ring skills: HBK - Undertaker is fantastic don't get me wrong but Michael's is up as one of the top three of all time. He takes this one for me.

Who had the most memorable feuds: HBKs have always seemed more personal for me and I prefer that kind of feud so he wins again. HHH, Bret Hart even Jericho all fantastic feuds. Takers had great ones again but Shawn's are my personal favourites.

Who had the most memorable world title runs: I honestly can't think of an Undertaker title run that has been amazing. Part of that is because he really doesn't need the title so it's not really his fault but again HBK takes it.

Your personal favourite: I'm sure you can guess that it's HBK.

4-1 Shawn Michaels, however if you'd Taker up against nearly anyone else I can't imagine they'd have won.

Promo skills:
HBK. Shawn Michaels simply displayed more variety in what he could say. He could do serious, he could do cocky, he could do emotional, he could do silly. The Undertaker, as intense as he is, really kinda sticks to one style of promo. He is great at that style, but HBK just seems more well-rounded.

In ring skills:
HBK wins this one easily. HBK certainly had a much larger moveset, but that isn't why I picked HBK. I have never heard of anyone say that the Undertaker could make anyone look better than they actually were the way HBK could. I give this to HBK for the ability to consistently make his opponent look good.

Who had the most memorable feuds:
HBK. Both men have had a lot of great feuds over their lengthy career, but the thing is, Undertaker's entire career isn't really defined by any of them...HBK's is. You can't think of HBK without automatically thinking of Bret Hart. That feud that crossed the lines between kayfabe and reality, lasted over a decade, wondering who screwed who, etc...none of Undertaker's feuds ever even came close to generating that kind of buzz for so long. HBK's legacy will always be tied to Bret Hart's, in the same way Randy Savage and Steamboat are forever linked, or Sting and Flair.

Who had the most memorable world title runs:
This one I give to the Undertaker. Once HBK got the title the first time, the so-called "boyhood dream", the rest of them didn't really matter. Both HBK and the Undertaker transcended title runs to keep them at the top of the card, neither one really needed the titles to get themselves over, but even so, Undertaker was damned impossible to beat when he held the title, while HBK was not as "invincible".

your personal favourite
HBK. No disrespect to the Undertaker at all, he is easily one of the all-time greatest WWE stars of all time...but I am more invested in HBK. If/when Undertaker ever retires or loses at Wrestlemania, I can't imagine feeling as emotionally drained as when HBK retired. To this day, I still can't watch that match again. I was genuinely sad when HBK called it a career. When that day comes for the Undertaker, I will miss him, but it won't be like it was with HBK.

To be honest, HBK wipes the floor with Undertaker according to the categories you presented. Really the only one I may give to Taker would be Memorable Title Run, and even that's a toss up because neither had that memorable of reign. But as far as the other categories go HBK dominates and quite frankly it's hard to come up with a good argument to go against him. I mean most would agree he's better in the ring and on the stick. As far as feuds go I would put his feuds against HHH and Bret Hart against any feud that Taker has had. Like I said earlier World Title Run is kinda toss up since neither has had a real memorable one so that's the one category Taker may have the advantage in. But other than that I think HBK is the clear winner.

PROMO SKILLS
Shawn Michaels wins here. He was one of the few who was just as good in promos as he was in the ring. Taker's had some good promos but Michaels could cut an impressive promo about anything whereas most of Taker's good ones came from his Streak angles or had a death theme to them.

IN RING SKILLS
Shawn Michaels wins again. I give Taker a ton of credit for lasting as long as he has and continuing to improve. However, when it comes down to it they called him "The Showstopper" for a reason.

MEMORABLE FEUDS
Michaels wins again. He was able to make a memorable feud with nearly any other wrestler. I would have a tough time coming up with any HBK feud that I didn't like. Taker's have been good with his streak and world title matches, outside of that they weren't as good as Shawn's.

TITLE REIGNS
Taker wins here. He had multiple memorable world title reigns, whereas the only two that stood out for me with Shawn were his first one after the Iron Man match and his 2002 World Championship win shortly after returning.

PERSONAL FAVORITE
This one is tough. I am a huge fan of both guys, but I will go with Shawn once again because he is one of my favorites of all time. Taker ranks very high on my list, top 10 or so, but he doesn't make the top tier while Michaels does. Taker's time as American Badass is what hurt his ranking the most. I enjoyed every moment of Michaels career, on the other hand.

OVERALL SCORE
Shawn Michaels won 4 out of 5 while Undertaker won 1 out of 5. Had there been another topic, one about their Wrestlemania angle, then I would have had a very tough time not giving Taker a 2nd point there. Michaels did get to steal the show in two of the greatest matches of all time, but we all know who actually WON those matches. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back