• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Undertaker VS Kane at WrestleMania?

Undertaker VS Kane?

• Yes, please!

• Please, no!

Results are only viewable after voting.

Vega

^______^
So far I've seen a lot of people for and against this.

I'm FOR it, because it could be the final chapter of the feud that defined and accompanied both men's careers on a large stage and the chance to come full circle for both men.

What is the alternative? Taker VS HHH III? This year, it was one of the most uninspired main event feuds that ever took place at Mania ("Nothing to do?" "Yeah." "Okay, let's have a match."). What could be done they didn't already do in the over the top match of this year's Mania?

Nah, give me Kane VS Taker career VS career and let both men retire shortly thereafter. Old School Kane is a sign of him going back to his former self and his character will be fresh for the months until Mania. Give me throwbacks through different eras, remind me of past chapters of their feud, ride the nostalgia train and put on a real showdown. Personal feuds are rare these days, and this is a chance to have a special match.

Yeah, the feud sucked. The match was incredible and an instant classic.

For that reason alone I'd rather have another Taker/HHH.

I would rather not see them meet again at Wrestlemania. I'm even not that high on another HHH/Taker match at Mania, would rather it be someone else although the only person who could be a threat to the streak would be Cena and he is busy in Miami of course. I would like to see say Wade Barrett getting the match perhaps, it would be something different and have him take Taker to the limit, he could easily get a Casket match win against Taker at Extreme Rules the next month.

Note how I said a threat to the streak, since it is the one thing in WWE that should never end in my view.

I'd much rather see Kane vs Taker than HHH vs Taker. If it was the last match for both that would be interesting. For HHH I can't think of anything interesting, not to mention if they rematch HHH is going to win which will just plain suck.

I think the idea that Kane and Undertaker can have good matches together, or interesting feuds, is something of a myth.

Who would I have face The Undertaker at WrestleMania? Rey Mysterio. Sure, doesn't have as much gravitas as other choices, but it'd be a better match than Undertaker usual "signature move; rest; signature move; rest" shtick. Something other than an X Division match in slow motion would be nice.

If it's the end of Kane, I'm fine with it. I don't think Kane necessarily deserves that kind of send-off, but I wouldn't complain. I can think of ten or so people I'd rather see Taker face, but in the end, fuck it.

We had Undertaker vs. Kane II. We had Undertaker vs. Shawn Michaels II. We had Undertaker vs. Triple H II. Of everyone who has ever been a part of the WWE Universe, these 3 men all “deserved” a WM rematch against the Streak. They all had a great history with the Phenom. As of right now, the only WM Trilogy ever is Stone Cold Steve Austin vs. The Rock. I would like to keep it that way. I do not want to see Undertaker vs. Kane III. Granted, if there ever were to be a second Trilogy, Undertaker vs. Kane is the one I would go with, but if it were up to me, I wouldn’t book it. I think Undertaker and Kane should be in separate matches at WM XXVIII, if indeed the Undertaker will return by then. If anything, I’d like to see the Heel version of the Brothers Of Destruction in a Tag match at Mania vs. two Superstars that haven’t challenged the Streak yet. I’m not even going to suggest who.

If the Kane character is going to be retired, Undertaker has to do it. I don't see another option. Whether it's Mania, Summerslam, or any other event, Taker has to do it.

I don't expect it to be a great match, but I do think it could have an interesting build as their matches often have had. I always thought this match should be the last of either one of theirs. It just fits. 60 minute Ironman HIAC match, bookitt!.

Taker wins, goes 20-0 for the greatest streak with a round number ever, then gives somebody the rub of a lifetime by losing and retiring the following year.

God no, we've already seen Taker face several opponents twice each at Mania (Triple H, Michaels and Kane). A third match would just be too much. Time for a new opponent at Mania for Taker.

I'd like to see Taker vs. Foley (Hell in a Cell II) - Foley says he wants one more match and I can't think of a better opponent for Taker than him. Sure, it wouldn't match up to the original HIAC, but it would still have plenty of "holy shit" moments and would be one of the better matches of the night.

Other options would be Wade Barrett since he and Nexus helped bury him. Maybe they could bring closure to that story. Randy Orton or Mark Henry would be next on the list. I know they've both faced Taker before at Mania, but they would make for the best storyline. Orton saying he wants another shot at him because he knows he can win. Henry being the monster heel who's not intimidated by anyone. Out of these 3, I think Henry would be the most likely because I don't see him still being World Champion by then. I think Orton and Barrett will be in title matches though.

As for Kane, believe it or not I think the same opponent would be a good fit for him at Mania. Mick Foley. Hell in a Cell would be nice, but regardless they'd put on a nice show.

Other options for him would be Sheamus or Big Show. I think Sheamus will be in the title picture, but you never know. Big Show would also make more sense with them being former tag partners, but at the same time it'd be a breath of fresh air to see Kane involved in a new feud with a guy like Sheamus.

So that's my 2 cents.

I like the idea of keeping it to just the one Main Event Trilogy in Austin/Rock.

Triple H is a possible threat to the streak which when now a days the WWE are selling it as one of the biggest things up for grabs at Mania either on par or above the WWE/World title matches. So it has to be someone to be a threat for me to market the match and make me care, I can see it if Henry was in a match at WM28 after his title run and promotion over the past few months he would be a more worthy threat to the streak than he was back at WM22 say. But as a match I don't really want to see it again just like Kane/Taker.

Foley/Taker in a real gimmick match, maybe Boiler Room II or a Foley's wrestling career on the line in a street fight may work. Providing Foley kept to his word this time around.

I personally would much rather see either Jericho...or Christian even.
When was the last time Christian even beat someone (other than John Morrison who was on his way out) clean?

He could never be a threat to the streak with the way they booked him this year.

I rather see a Kane-Undertaker than another Triple H-Undertaker.

Although I don't want Taker to face these two again, but if I were to choose between Kane and Triple H I'll go with Kane.

Maybe we're not looking at another Kane/Taker feud. Who knows. Seems each time Kane does something somewhat relevant, I think Taker is waiting behind the nearest curtain. Says something about Kane... doesn't it?

If you plan to retire Kane by 'Mania, then why not. Have some NO DQ gimmick, insane spots, tables, stage dives, ring exploding; and naysayers here would be fapping to it.

When was the last time Christian even beat someone (other than John Morrison who was on his way out) clean?

He could never be a threat to the streak with the way they booked him this year.

Yes, because Triple H and Shawn Michaels tried to end the Streak in the most clean ways possible...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back