Undertaker Overrated right now?

staticxer

Pre-Show Stalwart
It appears to me Undertaker is severly overrated, his matches for the most part on smackdown are squashes which are barely entertaining at all. His gimmick is pretty much what holds him together, i personally only think he really pulls it all out only a few times a year.

For the most part Taker gets by on his legacy, but he pulls out the best for when it is the most important for him to pull out the best on PPV. The Gimmick isn't what is holding him together, Taker probably has the lightest travel schedule of all of WWE because if he is not set up for a feud then he won't be travelling as much.

I don't think they've used Taker like they should until now. There's no reason for him to be pulling these matches to put people like The Great Khali (yeah I know it's been a while) over. He SHOULD be at main event status. He should have the belt again. His gimmick still works and he can still have great matches. The same can't really be said for Big Dave at this point.

He isnt overratted, wwe basically just isnt using him the way they should. he should have a title run. if he does get the belt at wrestlemania, I think he would be able to put on better matches because title matches now seem to be the best types of matches in wwe.

hes not over-rated, he has lack of comp, for a big man he can wrestle, i dont think you can ever call him over-rated, misused is the word your serching for

I don't think he's over-rated at all, he's just under-used, so people don't get to appreciate him more. Give him more main events and WWE/World championship challenges and you'll see a true legend

he is def not overrated and i believe he is not being misused either..it was undertaker who chose to have a light schedule...i think he has taken less days off in this business then anyone else..he was an image for the wwe since the early 90's i can only remember him taking few vacations compared to others..at this point in his career there is no reason for him to do a full time schedule..he understands this and the wwe understands this..his years are limited now therefore a fulltime schedule would cut those years short...he was in the main event situation for years...the way he is being portrayed now is HE IS THE MAN TO BEAT..you have a wwe champ a heavyweight champ and then you have THE UNDERTAKER...he is on his own level...overrated? no way in hell..he's earned his spot as an all time great...misused? not possible because he chose to have a lighter schedule understanding there is not many years of his legacy left....

Taker overrated?! No way! He made Mr. Kennedy into a heel, his matches with him were good draws on Pay-Per-Views that no one really cared about. But have A Last Ride match, and make it entertaining, and people watch.

Taker may not have that many TV appearances, but he does travel a fair bit. He was part of the Armed Forces tour in Iraq, he toured Europe with Smackdown, and recently he was on RAW, ECW, and Smackdown all in the same week...

So he can travel when he wants to. And Taker is definetly not as overrated as Ric Flair. Why and How Flair won 16+ championships with a stupid knife edge chop and a sloppy figure 4 leg-lock, and how he deserves to go for International gold at 56? years of age is beyond me. He is just like Hogan, only in a little better shape. FLAIR=most overrated wrestler ever.

So he can travel when he wants to. And Taker is definetly not as overrated as Ric Flair. Why and How Flair won 16+ championships with a stupid knife edge chop and a sloppy figure 4 leg-lock, and how he deserves to go for International gold at 56? years of age is beyond me. He is just like Hogan, only in a little better shape. FLAIR=most overrated wrestler ever.

Watch Flairs old matches then you will see why he won 16+ championships so he is not overrated by any means. Now he is just working to pay for the divorce he has just been through, and at least he gets to keep his ring name unlike Ricky 'the Dragon' Steamboat.

But Takers road schedule is based on if they have a story for him to be involved in. The international tours are only occasionally done. The T2t is optional for everyone so he chooses to go on the trip, he can say no and stay home if he wanted like RVD did.

Taker isn't overrated in any shape or form. He can carry any match, and is one of the best technical wrestlers to ever be in WWF/WWE.

anyone remember undertakers match with hhh in wrestlemania a few years ago, it was one of the best matches i have seen as both were on their game and both wresters were at their peak.

undertakr can have a feud with anyone and it would be a good and interesting feud, not many poeple i know like batista but they will be interested in batista for a while now as he is ging to be fighting taker at wrestlemania.

I just hope his undefeated streak continues as it will leave a legacy for him otherwise people will remeber batista as the man who beat him when it could have been someone who was good instead.

Undertaker is definately not overrated, hes more loved than anything. i remember the supershow i attended last april, when he came out during the dark match against cena, EVERY single person man, woman, little boy or girl got on their feet and cheered. and i think his streak will continue because batista is just a crap muscle head and only has like 4 moves or something. he sucks, i dont care for him much, and i dont think hes going to beat undertakers streak, imagine how many people will be angry, mad, jumping over to TNA to watch that instead. His undefeated streak is the only living legacy of Wrestlemania that is left. and until taker retires, its never going to be over.

Takers an awesome performer, I would have rather seen Cena get his ass handed to him by Taker though.
I guess Batista will have to do, because lets face it, nobody can beat the Undertaker unless they cheat.
I've only seen the Undertaker beat straight up one time, Taker vs. Lesnar Hell in a Cell.

THey should change his character back to Biker Taker. That would open it up so much more. Espically in promos. Cause he'd be able to you know...speak.

Takers an awesome performer, I would have rather seen Cena get his ass handed to him by Taker though.
I guess Batista will have to do, because lets face it, nobody can beat the Undertaker unless they cheat.
I've only seen the Undertaker beat straight up one time, Taker vs. Lesnar Hell in a Cell.

eh, the only reason lesnar won that match is because he struck at the right time with the F5 or whatever its called and even by then, after literally destroying lesnar in that match, he was probably tired out which got him caught in that F5.

No, he isnt. Look at his matches with Angle/Kennedy/Orton and see how "over rated" he is. Those matches were MOTY candidates.

No absolutely not, keep in mind who you are talking about-"THE" Undertaker
I remember ..well many years ago watching some of his first squash matches on Saturday afternoon..and he'd get out the body bag and haul the sorry ham n' egger back behind the curtain...that is history..that can't get overrated. .And he doesn't even need to talk, he just needs to be there. Needless to say i'm hoping for 15-0 streak this year, and a new heavyweight champion.

lol how could anyone think the undertaker is overrated...was in the first hell in a cell, inferno, buried alive, casket, i mean the guy is HUGE part of wwe history...he is so damn famous for so many things....his overall image is so intimdating like stated above he doesnt even need to open his mouth

Whoever said the Undertaker is overrated thats like saying Kamala is a better technical wrestler than Kurt Angle lol. Undertaker is the WWE: 17 years in a company and he is still pretty much either main event, integral role, or helping to elevate someone else(Kennedy) Taker is and has been more important to WWE then lets say Hulk Hogan. Period Undertaker when he retires will be sorely missed by all fans especially me ; ive been watching him since i was 11 and im 28 now

Whoever said the Undertaker is overrated thats like saying Kamala is a better technical wrestler than Kurt Angle lol. Undertaker is the WWE: 17 years in a company and he is still pretty much either main event, integral role, or helping to elevate someone else(Kennedy) Taker is and has been more important to WWE then lets say Hulk Hogan. Period Undertaker when he retires will be sorely missed by all fans especially me ; ive been watching him since i was 11 and im 28 now

I know what you're saying, and don't get me wrong, The Undertaker is the best there is the best there was and the best there ever will be. But you can't say he was more important than Hulk Hogan. During his 4 year reign Hulkamania was running wild, he had every kid saying his prayers and takeing his vitamins! Almost everyone in the world knows exactly who Hulk Hogan is and what he looks like and i doubt that anyone who isn't/wasn't ever a wwe/wwf fan would know who Taker is. The only reason the wwe/wwf was so big WAS because of hulk hogan, that's when the money really starting pouring in. Now days though i would agree and say that The Undertaker is the cornerstone of the wwe... but not bigger than the HULKSTER

I know what you're saying, and don't get me wrong, The Undertaker is the best there is the best there was and the best there ever will be. But you can't say he was more important than Hulk Hogan. During his 4 year reign Hulkamania was running wild, he had every kid saying his prayers and takeing his vitamins! Almost everyone in the world knows exactly who Hulk Hogan is and what he looks like and i doubt that anyone who isn't/wasn't ever a wwe/wwf fan would know who Taker is. The only reason the wwe/wwf was so big WAS because of hulk hogan, that's when the money really starting pouring in. Now days though i would agree and say that The Undertaker is the cornerstone of the wwe... but not bigger than the HULKSTER

Undertaker IS the wwe...though hogan did alot for the business and for the wwe undertaker did it in a different fashion...i think its safe to say that the underatker is pretty high up there next to hogan..everyone knows who the undertaker is...he's an image of the wwe...he's been there most trusted employee...never left the company throughout all the years of bullshit...people who have never watched wrestling know who Hulk Hogan is as well as the Undertaker....both are images of the wwe...hogan may be more famous because what he has done but undertaker is representation of the wwe completely..more than any other wrestler....

The Undertaker is a true WWE superstar! I agree that he is the WWE. He has stayed loyal to them no matter what, through all the good and bad times. I've watched him from his debut and he is the greatest in my opinion.

I beleive Taker to be one of the best BIG men in the business. His ring psychology is phenominal and his gimmick is still going strong. I'm glad he will quite possibly getting one more title run, he totally deserves it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back