• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Unclothed Inanitamate Objects... Is it really that big a deal?

Dr. Stinger A. Zoidberg

Stay in school and don't litter.
The reason I bring this up is because I was watching the news the other night, and some woman built a snow sculpture. This sculpture was of a nude female body. No real explicit body parts (Nipples, vagina, etc). Here is a picture of it...
article-1255404-08902AD0000005DC-332_468x565.jpg

Now as you would have guessed, somebody found it to be too explicit and decided to clothe it. This sparked an outrage among that community on whether or not it was alright to make something like that.

I was pretty pissed off when I heard this story. I mean, ts a fucking snow sculpture, there isnt much detail in it. Just un-nippled breasts. The fact that somebody finds it offensive is beyond me. It's a stupid reason to be offended.

Which brings me to my argument. Does it really matter if the objects are naked? There are thousands of famous paintings where there are women and men naked. Hell even pictures of Adam and Eve shows Eve in the nude. We see things at public museums, and various art competitions that feature someone in the nude.

Is it really that big of a deal if this snow sculpture is naked or not? Discuss...

This has got to be one of the stupidest things I have ever heard. Too explicit? It was a snow sculpture. What is even remotely offensive about it?

What about a mannequin in a clothing store that hasn't been dressed yet? Should such an offensive store be closed down?

Ludicrous.

It seems to be that nowadays art is becoming a lost tradition and anything can cause offence. If that person who complained about this sculpture saw places like the Tate Gallery or any history museum, they would have a fit.

There's nothing wrong with that sculpture and it is depicted in an art form, which means the offender should have let well enough alone. It wasn't done in a grotesque manner and as show no features are being shown.

In the short term, the offender really needs to lighten up because there is nothing wrong with that, it's part of our culture and society. For goodness sake, we were born naked so why deny an artist to portray nature in an art form?

When did the human body become offensive? Seriously, this is pathetic!

When a SCULPTURE of the naked body is too much...

This annoys me too much for rational thought.

So to quote someone...who I can't remember "HARDEN THE FUCK UP EVERYONE!"

Just My Opinion

Hope people that get offended by thngs like this don't want grandkid because their children will grow up and think the naked body is a disgusting thing and procreation will halt. People nowadays! I don't get how we get more and more strict about things as opposed to the other way around.

Personally as a former art student who had to sit through actual nude life-drawing classes for years this is no big deal. That said, the point of the "outrage" is probably more to due with the accessibility of the sculpture.
A museum, an art book, the internet, etc., it all has to be sought out to one degree or another, whereas here if I happen to live in this neighborhood and want to step outside I may fall "victim" to seeing something I had no intention of seeking out, and by that logic so could (gasp!) unsuspecting minors. More than likely those offended would just rather they themselves and children (Won't someone think of the children?!) had a choice in seeking out such things and would rather the person display it differently or in private such as the backyard rather than the front lawn.

I still retain the point that the human body is completley natural and should not be considred offensive in any way shape of form. If there was an ice scupture of a penis penetrating this ice sculpture I could see their concern, but as that is not the case this is simply pathetic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back