Unbelievable Madden Superbowl win!

Sully

Pre-Show Stalwart
I just had this amazing superbowl win. It was hilarious.

Ok, I'm doing a franchise with the Steel City. No all american Sully's running around, just the normal team. I'm also playing all of the games on All Madden.

Well, we went 11-5, and we were in the Wild card. I push my way through, beating the Colts 19-15. Then in the divisional game is the Chargers. They were the ones who got home field. I told my team how if we get past these guys, we have the ground work for the superbowl. Because the other divisional game was Ravens vs Pats. I beat the Ravens twice this season, and killed the pats 35-3. So we beat the San Diego 17-6, and then we beat the Patriots. 22-13.

So it's Superbowl 45. Steelers vs Falcons. There is 58 seconds left in the game, Steelers have the ball on the 31. Big Ben lobs it to Wallace, and it's intercepted! Falcons drive the ball down the field, all the have to do is run down the clock and kick the field goal. And instead of running it..they go for a pass. And it's deflected and knocked down. 2nd and 10, they go for another pass to Roddy White, and he drops it. 3rd down, hail mary play, can he get there, NO! 4th down and 17. The falcons are going to kick the field goal, 53 yards, 20 seconds left in the game. And it is deflected off the upright, no good!

It looks like this game is going into...overtime. 13 seconds left on the clock. The Steelers will try one more play. He hikes the ball...hail mary...Roethlisberger lobs it to Hines Ward..and...NO GOOD. The clock has hit zero..and this game is going into overtim- Wait a second! There's a flag on the field. You gotta be kidding me.

"Pass interference...defense. The ball will be placed at the spot of the penalty". Well ladies and gentleman..the clock has run out, but due to the penalty the Steelers get another shot, and it's at the 9 yard line. Well of course they will be kicking the field goal..this is unbelievable. Shayne Graham gets the 25 yard field goal for the win!

The Pittsburgh Steelers win the Superbowl! 31-28.

Can you imagine how bad you'd feel if you were the guy who go the penalty? In the superbowl, it's about to go into overtime, and pass interference. Wish I woulda had this video taped.

COOL-STORY-BRO-TELL-IT-AGAIN.jpg

... You have to have it on a very novice setting. No way the computer would be that ******ed.

For which part? When they should have ran down the clock then kicked the field goal, or when they got pass interference? It was on All Pro. I know I said I played the season on All Madden, but the superbowl was on All Pro at all times.

I still think it's hilarious that it happened that way. Shame one of GBs secondaries didn't slip up and do something like that in the real Superbowl 45.

This one time, I played a video game, and it was a lot of fun. The AI made a couple questionable decisions, but in the end I almost lost, but won instead. YAY!

When they started passing. That was stupid.

That's what I thought too. I think I messed up a little in that description though. They ran it the first time, then I got in too fast and they weren't able to hand it off, and I sacked Matt Ryan in the backfield. After that they started passing. So really, only that 3rd down play did they pass.

I didn't mention the use of my timeouts either. Still though, they shouldn't have passed. I had a timeout left though, but I guess they wanted to try and get into the endzone, just because they thought they'd get the field goal anyways. It was a 53 yard field goal though. I think if I wouldn't have been able to get the sack, then they would have got it.

If they would have got the field goal, the field position would've been different, and I would have probably lost the game. Who knows though, Brown could have gotten a kick return for a TD too. But even if they didn't get the penalty, I would have most likely won in overtime.

In another franchise, same superbowl, was against the Saints, I scored a TD with like..20 seconds left on the clock, but I screwed on the extra point and missed...I still blame Suisham. Imagine though..what a way to win a superbowl...or any game for that matter..but that superbowl! Would have been even worse for them if they were winning by 2, and all they had to do was hold us.

Are you Will's illegitimate child? :)

It's just strange to me because I've never seen the computer take a risk.

Not sure what that means...

But it was unexpected to me too. Especially because it was on All Pro. If it was on Rookie or something it'd make a little more sense, but usally the computer would run down the clock and kick the field goal. Really, the only mistake was passing it on 3rd down, when they could have ran it...yeah they had all their timeouts too! They could have ran it, and ran the clock down to about 3 seconds (that's what I usually do) called a timeout, and then kick the field goal. But instead not only did they not run out the clock, they just immediately called the play, but they didn't use hurry up either. It was odd.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back