Umaga to SD! ???

Mighty NorCal

SHALL WE BEGIN?
Apparently according to Vince Mcmahon, at a recent share holder meeting, Umaga will be moving to SD! to feud with Finlay, Matt Hardy, Rey Mysterio when he returns, and MVP. Also said to possibly feud with Taker and Edge over the WHC.

Fucking sweet is my opinion on it. Especially Vs Rey, could be some absolutely SICK bumps outta that, And im interested on how they would work feuds with MVP and Edge. And of course we have all be waiting on the challenge to UT. I think Umaga would be a good canidate to be the next victim of the Mania streak.

What do you guys think??

I think Umaga on SD would make a great addition to the roster. the fact is, he's gone through pretty much everyone on Raw, and he's never going to move his way past HHH and HBK to get the title on RAW.

at least on smackdown, he gets to be back with Armando Estrada and can have fresh meat as it were. Besides, it gives new contenders to the Smackdown title beyond edge, Taker and Batista so I think it works all round.

Yea, I didnt even think of Batista. Give them another oppurtunity to redo that WM match, which I still feel has potential, especially in a no DQ enviornment. They could totally stack a B show indercard with that match. I think he and FInlay could have some awesome hardcore tussles as well.

I think Finlay would work well with Umaga, especially if they got rid of the midget! The thing about Finlay is that he could put Umaga over and make him look outstanding, simply because he's so good at it.

And that's all Umaga really needs. He has the vicious side, but i think it would be the best way to show how resiliant he can be against legitimate tough guys, as opposed to squashing jobbers on RAW

I never even thought of that Polley. A fine way to get rid of Swaggle, and Get Umaga more monster heat, would be for him to mercilessly destroy Swaggle. This pisses Finlay off, and they have a brutal feud. Umaga looks like a million bucks, Swaggle is off TV, and we get a series of entertaining matches. It gets no better.

And... Finlay returns to bad-ass heel instead of midget protecting face at the end of it which just doesn't work for him

I think the fact that they have Finlay on the roster is a good thing, simply because he can put on good matches with anyone. All you have to do is look at the variety of people he's feuded with - Lashley, Booker T, JBL and his matches against Chris Benoit - and there's an incredible diversity in styles, but yet Finlay can make the differences work and put the likes of Lashley over but not lose step himself.

I think Umaga really needs that. The fact is, he's lost the fear he had with Estrada, and Finlay has the potential to take some pretty sick beatings but still make Umaga look tough by giving as good as he gets in the process. It works all round to feud with him

this could prove to be very useful, both to smackdown and umaga, umaga gets to be put back into maine event status and maybe even the chance to become WHC. its also good for smackdown's ratings i think that the fueds umaga could have on smackdown would be very interesting i would love to see an umaga V taker fued i think it would be a great match up.

I know McMahon said Umaga would be switching brands, but he didn't specify which brand. He could be sent over to ECW to feud with Kane and others. However, Smackdown would suit him best. I think it is necessary, for the reasons given above. The question is, who will replace Umaga on Raw? There will be a vacuum there - maybe MVP?

It's about damn time I say. Umaga needed this for months now, but WWE still kept him on RAW, they didn't even use him for three weeks straight now, so that is a good sign that he needs a change. There are so many possibilities if Umaga moves to SmackDown, especially a feud with Taker, which is my prediction for Taker's 17th victim at WrestleMania 25. There is also a chance that Umaga could become ECW Champion, he can reunite with his old pal Armando Estrada where he favours him over the other superstars and eventually helps him win the ECW title. Only good can come out of Umaga changing Brands, it opens up many doors for the WWE and I am all up for it.

It's about damn time I say. Umaga needed this for months now, but WWE still kept him on RAW, they didn't even use him for three weeks straight now,

And when he does appear they make him lose quickly to Jeff Hardy. So stupid.

There is so much potential for Umaga on Smackdow. I'm a huge fan so I can list of at least 18 months worth of feuds I want to see. Undertaker vs. Umage has to be done at Mania. On Takers Mania highlight reel the likes of Flair & Edge look out of place. Umaga wouldn't though, he can go along with the likes of Gonzalez, Bundy & Henry as impressive looking victories.

Along with going to Smackdown there's also the occasion ECW appearence in store. That brand could do with an injection of Umaga.

Umaga is the perfect person to fo to smackdown. He can reestablish his monster persona get involved in new fueds and pose a credible threat to the Undertaker and possibly and believeably beat the Undertaker now that the chokehold has been banned. Umaga is next to impossible to hurt yeah he can be beat but putting him down for any extended period of time has proven very difficult. I wouldn't mind seeing him get some gold over on smackdown since I feel he deserves it as much as anyone in the WWE right now.

Umaga can definitely be used for many rivalries. Matt Hardy vs. Umaga for the title would be pretty awesome to see. As far as Umaga vs. UT. I think Taker should keep the title till next Wrestlemania, face Umaga, beat Umaga, and continue the longest title reign of his career.

I'm really into the thought process here, I've been a fan of Umaga for a while now. When he first arrived, I didn't really pay much attention, but the fact that he was given a WWE Title Match, and got something decent out of Cena(at last year's Rumble), made me sit up and take notice. Okay, so he had to step aside at WrestleMania 23 and let Bobby Lashley and The Donald have their glory, but since then he's been very, very impressive. He's quick and agile, he's powerful...but WWE didn't look like they were going to do anything with him. The feud with Jeff Hardy? Wasn't really even a feud, they just had a load of matches and kept trading the IC Title. That three week face turn caught me by surprise, and convinced me into thinking WWE had dropped the ball, but thank god they saw sense when Jeff returned. A very good feud with HHH, and a good showing at No Way Out. WrestleMania XXIV? Annoyed me, because I'm sure if Batista puts his mind to it he could have a very good feud with Umaga, and have a few good matches. Is this what Vince is pushing for? Umaga/Batista at SummerSlam? In my opinion, yes. Build him up on Smackdown? No, no-one wants, or needs, to see Umaga kill jobbers for 5 straight weeks, they all know what he's capable of. He needs to run out in the middle of a tag team match and just destroy everyone in the ring, Batista perhaps making the late save. If he runs through Big Dave, I'd move him onto Finlay, as a lot of people are suggesting. MVP and Edge are out of the question for me, because Smackdown does not need a face Umaga, that's for sure. A feud with Undertaker? Money, and I know a lot of people have been, and will agree. Give him a program with the Deadman running up to the Rumble perhaps. I don't think we'll see Umaga/Taker at WM25 because a lot of people have suggested that we'll get Shawn/Taker instead, but I'd not be against having Umaga winning the U.S Title at WrestleMania. Of course, that's so far away it's impossible to predict, but that's the way I'd go

Umaga moving to SD is probably one of the most anticipated draft picks in a while - hopefully it happens for the simple reason that his talent deserves to be seen on the 'wrestling show' rather than the entertainment show. he has great finishers, fantastic impact moves (very painful looking too), impressive athleticsm and in the end, great charm! The question really is whether he's better as a heel or a face.

In any event, its clear he lost his way when Estrada moved to ECW. Umaga would also work well as part of a stable - newest recruit to La Familia, perhaps?

Hornswoggle can go the other way to Raw, cos he's clearly only there for 'entertainment' value.

This is great for everything and everyone who watches and is on SD!

The fueds will be great, with work against the Undertaker will be a magnificent monster like fued. The fued with Rey will be great, Umaga and cruiser likes work well with each other and Rey will have some nice high flying spots. The fued with Finlay would be interesting, and Umaga will probably destroy Horny here. I am not sure why people are against him, although he tends to interrupt matches he gets a big reaction, so don't expect to see the WWE get rid of him too soon.

Umaga should be built very well here, and since Raw is kind of the end of him they can definately see something new for him. Good choice by the WWE.

The sooner Umaga goes to the blue brand, the better everything will be. IMO he should of went to Smackdown after Wrestlemania 24, what the hell is he staying on RAW for. He continues to show what he is capable of, and he keeps getting buried time and time again, by Jeff Hardy? Come on, he deserves better. He is a big man, and is highly athletic, and will be capable of a great feud with the Undertaker and so many others. There is simply no one left for him to feud on RAW whereas on Smackdown he has so much potential to shine and really leave a mark. Guys like Undertaker, Rey, Batista still, Big Show, MVP, Finlay. The list goes on, so he is a must in the draft for the move from RAW To Smackdown.

He has a better chance of being a star on Smackdown than RAW thats why the sooner he moves, the sooner you will see the best from Umaga. I just hope they book him properly over on Smackdown and dont bury him like on RAW, cause as i said he can be huge for Smackdown.

theres only one thing that I'm not impressed about is the fact that now ECW is moving to Raw houseshows and Heat ending, does that mean that ECW will be now be taped before RAW? If so, my hopes for Armando and Umaga to be reunited will dissolve. He needs a handler to use him as a weapon to be at his most effective.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back