Ultimate X Returns Thursday Night

The Dragon Saga

Whale in a Teardrop
Hulk Hogan stated on Twitter a few minutes ago...

This Thursday IMPACT LIVE will start with Austin Aries defending his title in an Ultimate X match!!! Thursday 8pm Live on Spike. HH

...I for one think that is an awesome idea both due to what I personally want to see, that I know a lot of fans want to see and simply because Ultimate X is the one true signature match TNA has, showcasing it on live television should get some people interested, because if you don't get enjoyment out of a good Ultimate X match, you probably have issues and need to be checked by your nearest physician.

Plus, Austin Aries gets a chance to defend the X-Division Championship. After he expressed his intention to become "the man" at Slammiversary I feel as though this will bolster his already large wave of momentum. Austin comes across as probably the most easily likable and easy to support guy in the business today, all around this is a good idea and it builds my excitement for tomorrow night's Impact Wrestling.

One question from this, who do you think will be the challenger for Austin Aries' X-Division Championship?

Damn, really? I was hoping this would be saved for Destination X. As for the Challenger? It might be a rematch with Samoa Joe. They had a tremendous encounter at the PPV so a rematch to keep the steam going while they set something new up for the 2 seems like a good way to go.

Damn, really? I was hoping this would be saved for Destination X. As for the Challenger? It might be a rematch with Samoa Joe. They had a tremendous encounter at the PPV so a rematch to keep the steam going while they set something new up for the 2 seems like a good way to go.

Would Joe really be entitled to a rematch though? I've a feeling It'll be someone other than Joe, with someone like Styles challenging Aries in some form at Destination X in the Main Event. My gut is saying Kid Kash, my head is saying Robbie E, my heart is saying Bully Ray(I can dream, leave me alone!) but I feel as though it may be Sabin.

As you can see, different parts of my body are leaning towards respective challengers, giving me better odds in being correct.

Well there have been rumors that Aries would main event Destination X against AJ Styles for the X title but with AJ and Kurt winning the belts it looks to be those plans are scrapped. With the weight limit seemed to be thrown out the window at Slammiversary Aries could defend the belt against damn near anyone, but seeing as it's a Ultimate X match you have to think it's somebody around Aries size. Aries is my current favorite TNA wrestler so any chance he gets to defend the belt is like a holiday.

Sounds great! I could see either Sabin or Joe in this match that is unless the Joe match @ the PPV was a one off stint in the XDIV. Interestingly I'd think this would be a match at Destination X for Aries, perhaps the match could still happen possibly with other X Division guys. If AA retains, and Roode goes over Anderson I think they're fighting at Destination X.

@ DragonSaga

It could be justified that Joes impressive performance against Aries could warrant a rematch. I mean AA has fought other guys numerous times who had much less impressive outings against him

Well there have been rumors that Aries would main event Destination X against AJ Styles for the X title but with AJ and Kurt winning the belts it looks to be those plans are scrapped. With the weight limit seemed to be thrown out the window at Slammiversary Aries could defend the belt against damn near anyone, but seeing as it's a Ultimate X match you have to think it's somebody around Aries size. Aries is my current favorite TNA wrestler so any chance he gets to defend the belt is like a holiday.

I wouldn't tempt fate with that "might be someone his size" line. Hernandez has good history with Ultimate X and with no weight limits... Well... Imagine. Though I doubt he'd win, it would make an interesting match to see.

just thought I'd mention...pope has been posting tweets that hint to a return...and well he debuted in the xdivision and had a feud w suicide so it could very well be him as well

This is great news, I'm really excited about this. TNA really seems to be pushing hard to make this next Impact a ratings hit, with the World Heavyweight Championship match, the reveal of the Bound For Glory Series, Ultimate X, and so on -- that's neither here nor there, though. I love me some Austin Aries -- in the ring and on the mic, one of the best going in the business today -- and I think this gives him a chance to really rise to the occasion, adding to the storyline he started at Slammiversary, proving that he can hang with anybody on the TNA roster. Plus, what an exciting way to open the night! It's going to set the tone for the night, probably ending up as the match of the night.

An opponent for Austin Aries is going to be pretty difficult to pick. There's a couple of guys they can choose to put in there with him, but I'm leaning toward a rematch with Samoa Joe. Sure, Joe hasn't really earned another title shot, but that match was absolutely spectacular -- why not go to that same match again? The announcers were putting it over, the competitors showed respect (fist bump) after the match -- just class it as a rematch based on respect and how good their last encounter was. With that, I do indeed see Austin Aries retaining his X Division Championship, but that doesn't mean he can't add to the list of great wins he already has going, by beating Samoa Joe again. It is possible that they would take the X Division Championship off of Austin Aries and give it to Samoa Joe, it would give Joe something to do again, but I just can't see it.

I would love to see a fatal four way with Aeries, Daniels, Kaz, and Sabin. It would be a good way to take the belt off of Aeries without making him look weak. Give Sabin the belt, have a blow off feud, and push Aeries up the card. Roode vs Aeries would be awesome.

I think DANIELS and AUSTIN ARIES would make for an incredible ultimate match tomarrow night.

One question from this, who do you think will be the challenger for Austin Aries' X-Division Championship?

Via TNA's website..

194_086218b2ac4369b7cefd2acbee0be8b1_m.jpg

So yeah, mystery solved!

Well StraightxEdgexSwagger solved the "who will the opponent be".

But I just want to say that I believe Austin Aries will lose the X division Championship. I dont know to who, but I believe that the winner will face the other person besides Aries(aka, Sabin wins; feuds with Ion, or Ion wins; feuds with Sabin.) With Aries hopefully going into the BFGS, this will be a good way to lose the title, so that he doesnt look weak.

The match should be great. Sabin could easily be the face of the division. I heard he was in talks with WWE, but if TNA want him to stay around, this could be how they do it. That being said, I think Sabin may win the title. Then he and Ion can venture off into their own feud, while Aries kicks ass in the BFG Series. Aries will make it to No Surrender in the series, but not to the Main Event of BFG. Calling it now.

Via TNA's website..

194_086218b2ac4369b7cefd2acbee0be8b1_m.jpg

So yeah, mystery solved!

Well this pretty much goes with my whole, it's probably somebody who is around Aries size argument. I'm glad it's a triple threat match because Ultimate X matches are like ladder matches, the more the merrier. This should be a great match, maybe even match of the night.

Am I the only one that hopes Xema walks away with the X-Division title? I think the kid has a heap of potential, but just wish he would put that dangerous as fuck moonsault to the floor away. His work at house shows recently has supposedly been superb so he is really coming along. Give the kid a run with the belt and see where it goes as I suspect their is too much doubt hanging over Sabin's contract at the moment.

Aries can then go into the BFGS and really give it a shake. Although, I can't see how he would be in the main event at Destination X? All in all, lots of avenues to work here for TNA.

If it is Zema Ion, my overall interest just went way down. It'll be a fun, fast paced match I'm sure but, it's just hard for me to get excited about watching Aries face off against one of the handful of X Division guys that he's spent most of the past year beating in one match or another.

Personally, I think it would've given the match much more oomph & general meaning if it'd been a return match from the Slammiversary ppv against Samoa Joe. He & Aries had the show stealing, best match of the night at the ppv and this would be a good opportunity to showcase the guy carrying the X Division against a guy who was part of the foundation of the X Division in its days of glory in the signature match of the X Division all on free television. Instead, we're getting Aries vs. a guy he's beaten a dozen times already. As for Sabin's potential involvement, he does add a bit of freshness as we've only seen him up against Aries once. It was a short match, but it was very good while it lasted. At the same time, however, it just doesn't overly excite me because both Sabin & Ion feel like window dressing in a match to continue Aries' momentum.

Don't get me wrong, keeping Aries' strong is a great thing. But, at the end of the day, his two opponents consist of someone he's spent the past year beating in one encounter after another and a guy he beat in about 3.5 minutes in a match in which he never came off as a threat & might be on his way out of the company soon.

If this is the match that goes down, it'll be fun while it lasts and that'll be about as far as it goes.

I would have loved to seen Jeff Hardy in an Ultimate X match. I think this is the only type of match he hasn't done yet in TNA. A perfect UX match for me would have been Aries, Sabin, Hardy, Daniels, Kaz and Zema.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back