The New Hook For Destination X; What's Next for the X Division Championship?

On one hand I like the idea. I think it's a pretty nice stipulation, but on the other hand I've got this feeling that if the rule sticks we'll see guys like Mr Anderson, RVD and Jeff Hardy win the title the month before just for the purpose of being put in the main event, which would trump whatever the division is doing at that point. I guess it's not such a big deal. Like any idea, if booked right it can be kind of cool.

I like the idea, but I don't like the set up TNA currently has for this idea. Right now there is absolutely no one in the X Division other than AA that deserves to be put into this type of match, or could even be considered for it.

It's going to be a year until this comes up again so if it sticks they are going to have to put some serious work into the X Division and get guys that could really elevate it. We will see how it goes.

I think that this is a good idea for rising stars. Also, this means that some elements of the x division are coming into the heavyweight division which will make the world title picture more intresting.

As far as the x division championship is concerned, I think they can bring back 6 sides for destination x again (annualy) and then they can do the terror dome/steel asylum; the winner gets the belt.

I have a list fo things they can do for every PPV and the destination x ppv and x division are involved.:

Genesis:average PPV, make something huge happen so we know whats coming for the whole year

Against All Odds: Similar to option C; a new wretler can join the heavyweight division, not only x division though

Victory road: hype lockdwon

Lockdown: it's ok how it is with every match a steel cage but for the x division; Xscape match

Sacrifice:Bring back the Ultimate Sacrifice matches back:banghead:

Slammiversery: KOTM, do something with the TNA originals like a Fortune reunion

DESTINATION X: Option C, the terror dome(x division), a elevation x match(TV title), ultimate X(tag), and Xscape match because it will be a six sided cage match for the remainders of those not up to anything

Hard(core) Justice: Every or at least one match Hardcore.

No surrender: Finals of BFG series

BFG: the winner of BFG series in main event, one monsters ball match, that happens annualy apart from last year. Battel Royal for those not upto anything,promote it more!

Turning point:Aftermath of BFG; good impacts

Final Resolution: Something great to end off the year.

The matches that are for those who are not doing anything, the winner can earn something.

I think it's a great idea. Really, anything would be good for the X Division at this point considering how badly it's been struggling in the past few years. At the very least, it will force TNA to give the division more focus and guarantees one of the X Division members a world title shot. All in all, it's a pretty damn interesting idea and I'm curious to see where TNA goes with it.

As for how they'll crown a new champion, I guess we'll just have to wait and see. I guess I'd personally like to see a Terrordome match since I actually have never watched one before (and never bothered to look up any).

Austin Aries is/was a great champion, but to the lackluster booking of the X Division he hasn't really been put in any feuds. KidKash is a vicious heel and I would have loved to see Kash and a face Aries mix it up in a great set of matches. The Alex Shelley feud was also only given really one match. Aries has beaten them all but in not in huge programs, so it's a shame the reign has ended with not much to speak of. Aries now has wins over Samoa Joe and Bully Ray and he has moved on from the Division when he wasn't put in any real danger by creative.

Moving forward, I think people are underestimating some of the X talent TNA has.

1. Kid Kash can be a true heel and a great bad ass Champion again. Him being a veteran and his gimmick of beating up the "young punks" 6 months ago could continue.

2. Zema Ion would also be a great heel champion for totally different reasons. His "pretty and arrogant" gimmick could really work and he has breaking Sorresson's neck and his non-remorse over it is a great way to push him, especially if Sorresson returns it would be a great story. (Side Note I hope Jesse is recovering well)

3. It's a shame Sabin is out again with injury and Shelley moved on as either could have been great X Champs.

4. A tournament to crown the new champ or whatver can be just what Alex Silva needs to be brought in. Him being Champion and then feuding with either Kash or Ion over the belt could really work.

Then of course TNA could once again bring in Joey Ryan, Low Ki, Tiger Mask, Prince Devitt, Kenny Omega or other great cruiserweights from around the world. What about adding a masked wrestler to the roster. Try and rival Rey Mysterio's success in the WWE? (sorry Amazing Red's alter ego just wasn't cutting it)

I think this could be a good thing for the X division title. It instantly gives the belt more meaning. It does make it kind of MITBis, but you have to hold onto the title until Destination X to get the shot which could make the title matches a lot more interesting. I think if they decide to do a tournament to crown and x division champ then it should be a long tournament with as many quality stars possible. I think they should even have qualifying matches to get into it. All in all I think if done right this could be a good thing for TNA and the X division.

I absolutely LOVED this when I heard it. I thought it was a fantastic way for Aries to make sure that the X-Division Championship he has worked so hard for stays relevant ... and I think it makes the title itself more coveted.

For those who say "You wanna risk giving Robbie E, Zema Ion or Kid Kash a loophole that would grant them a World title shot?" Let's be realistic. It is a SCRIPTED show after all. The loophole does not really exist. You just make sure none of those guys are the X-Division champion when it matters. You know ... write it in the script.

As for what they do with the belt now ... there is a ton of talent that would make an Ultimate X match ultra interesting. Hell, with the idea that if they hold onto it for a year they get their shot ... then more people should be interested.

I'd prefer if the X-Division Champion got an automatic shot at the World Heavyweight Champion instead of having to give up his title just for the shot, but this is fine.

Still, as is, the X-Division is pretty freaking thin and has been for months, if not years. They need new blood.

Interesting, the ball is in TNAs court to ensure some worthy talent is inserted into the XDIV. It's not even necessary for the challengers to win as I don't think AA will win at Destination X but if they have a good showing against the current Champion it can pedestal some people out of the X Divison and elevate them up the card like prior X Division guys. People shouldn't get hung up over the current crop of guys in the division either, as much can change in a year. It was literally a year ago we got Aries, and we could potentially get another great talent as the indies have many guys that would fit. However it won't be anybody new who holds the belt next year it will be Christopher Daniels who will challenge AJ Styles at Destination X 2013. Watch and remember you heard it hear first!

After watching Impact tonight it looks like they are taking the approach I had mentioned earlier in the thread. They are having a tournament with qualifying matches and even brought back Sonjay Dutt who defeated Rubix. I think taking this approach will ensure that the next X division champion will be credible, and hopefully they bring back other former staples of the X division. I think this could be very good at giving the title the exposure it needs to keep in the spotlight with Aries going for the big title.

I stand corrected after rewatching and checking out another thread I see that the qualifying matches are for the Ultimate X match at Destination X for the title. Still a good idea, but I wished it would have been a full on tournament. Just wanted to correct my above post.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back