Uh Oh, Punk Does equal ratings

Shocky

Kissin Babies and Huggin Fat Girlz
Monday night's WWE Raw drew a final 3.0 rating, which is down from the approximate 3.3 rating the show was drawing before Labor Day. This is of course due to a combination of Monday Night Football and new network television programming. WWE is really going to have to step up their booking in the coming weeks, which would explain them announcing and promoting two big matches for Raw next week.

It's not the NFL, It's Jericho as Champion and no CM Punk on the show, Punk equals ratings.

Well according to the WWE Universe, the WWE outdraws the NFL on a regular basis, so it's obviously not that, that's what the WWE has told me

I highly doubt "WWE' told you anything. If anything besides NFL it's probably John Cena, who is going to boycott RAW because CM Punk lost? his fan base is little anyway. I, on the other hand made sure to watch RAW knowing Jericho was the champion.

If you really think raw lost .3 rating because CM punk lost you are delusional, infact when people like The Rock, Austin use to lose the title ratings would go up!

Football obviously has alot to do with it but there are other reasons why most notably the writing and the absence of Cena. In the summer when Punk was champ there was actually a few week stretch where Raw started to be must see TV. Most notably with whole Kane "is he dead" storyline. That was the first storyline in forever where you actually had to tune in and see where it was going to go which had to have helped ratings. Then the Cena absence hurts because he is definitely the biggest draw on Raw and possibly the whole company. Now that the WWE came out and confirmed how serious his injury is Cena fans know(not just the IWC which is what it would have been like if they didnt mention anything) how serious it is and the fact that he wont be around for awhile so that takes away quite a few viewers. I am surprised though that there was such a drop even with football going on because it was the first show after a PPV and usually those draw pretty good. Im sure shocky probably had a little sarcasm in there but for people that are seriously wondering why I gave some reasons why I think it has dropped.

Shocky, you delusional bastard. Thinking the alteration of a show's focal point might be responsible for a sudden change in ratings. Where'd you come up with this stuff?

Shocky, you delusional bastard. Thinking the alteration of a show's focal point might be responsible for a sudden change in ratings. Where'd you come up with this stuff?

it's like ken barlow being off corrie...if there's a drop in ratings it's not due to him!

I'm sure someone said that in another post but it's a good analogy.

I am not surprised, Jericho does not draw as champion, but I hope that the WWE will give him more time with the belt instead of giving it back to Punk next Monday.

it's like ken barlow being off corrie...if there's a drop in ratings it's not due to him!

I'm sure someone said that in another post but it's a good analogy.

I'm... I'm not sure what you're saying. Are you saying Ken Barlow is the World Heavyweight Champion of Coronation Street?

If NFL gets better ratings, the Superbowl is the most watched football game, and the biggest ratings of all time have been the Pat's wins... then take the title off Jericho and put it on Tom Brady... anyways he will lose the whole season, and just as Pacman Jones in TNA, he doesn't even have to get in the ring... hell! he can get his very own stable, a mouth piece, a valet, a bodyguard... and center the whole fucking show around him...

I say bring in Eli Manning. He took part in like the most watched SB ever last year. Call him in during the off-season and I'm sure the ratings would skyrocket past the 5's.

Punk never should have lost the title.

Fact.

He never lost it... I mean, he never was pinned o made tap out, he wasn't even in the match... Jericho just won it and that's it... Smarky happy ending...

I'm not a Punk supporter, I just hope Jericho starts cutting all this amazing promos and having always 5 star matches or it will just take a couple of weeks to see a lot of people bashing Y2Js reign and blaming WWE for "dropping the ball with what could have been the best title run ever"

CM punk lost the belt because he wasn't what WWE expected. If you watch about 1-2 weeks before MITB. When they talk about each person whos going to be in two people get their named chanted : Punk, and Jeff Hardy. but they let punk dry out now no one really cares for him.

I mean he gets weak ass pop as a FACE world champion. That just looks bad, he is stale. Plus, another thing vince loves is merchandize sales, have you seen punks? he is below kennedy, and kennedy is injured for crying out loud.

he never deserve the gold

FACT.

all you can hope for is he can redeem himself with this orton feud and maybe one day get the gold again.

I found CM Punk dropping the belt in this way totally mind-boggling. There was no reason for him to not be in the match where he dropped his belt.
I am sure that Punk vs. Jericho next week will be a hell of a match ... but there is no way they are putting the strap back on Punk.
I personally liked Punk's reign ... and don't think it will be his last ... I LOVED the idea of a feud with Orton where Punk comes out ahead once or twice, but loses his title in the long run.
I still think they can have a great feud, but the title is really what Orton's character seemed to be about, so feuding with a "non-legend" non-title holder in CM Punk seems a little out of place.
None-the-less ... I am still eager to see which way RAW goes from here with Jericho as champion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back