• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

UFN 22/Shark Fights 13 Prediction Contest!

Turd Ferguson

DA-DA Da Da Da Bah Da Da DADADA
Alright, we did this last month when there was a WEC and a Strikeforce card going on, and we're going to do it again for these two cards. The UFN card doesn't have a lot of big names on it (especially for the prelims), and the Shark Fights card has some big names on it. The timing is perfect as well, with both cards taking place five days between each other. So, you'll be predicting BOTH cards. Split your confidence points (1-9) between the two cards.

Remember, do not post your picks in this thread. PM them to me when you are ready. Picks will be due by 7:00 EST on September 11.

When you make your picks, you have to pick whoever you think will win, the amount of confidence points you assign to each fighter, the method of victory (strikes, sub hold or decision), and the round (or decision). Regular fights are 3 rounds. Championship fights are 5 rounds. There are no title fights you'll be predicting.

Here are two examples of correct predictions:

Antonio Rogerio Nogueira vs. Luiz Cane
Winner: Nogueira (4)
Method of Victory: Strikes
Round: 1

A correct prediction here would net 6 points.

Quinton "Rampage" Jackson vs. Keith Jardine
Winner: Rampage (6)
Method of Victory: Decision

A correct prediction here would net 8 points. If you predict a decision, that is how you should go about predicting it.

I will be sending my picks to JMT225 so that there is no suspicion of cheating.

If you need reference for how this works, or have any questions, check out this thread: http://forums.wrestlezone.com/showthread.php?t=112934

I will not be reminding anyone about confidence points... it's your responsibility to understand the system.

Fizzy will be putting his title on the line against Boxer38 for this card. Best of luck to the both of them!

Use the provided links to pick fights. You will be predicting 9 fights. These are only the main cards for each event.

Shark Fights 13:

http://www.sherdog.com/events/SF-13-Shark-Fights-13-14141

Keith Jardine vs. Trevor Prangley
Winner:
Method of Victory:
Round:

Sokoudjou vs. Houston Alexander
Winner:
Method of Victory:
Round:

Paul Daley vs. Jorge Masvidal
Winner:
Method of Victory:
Round:

Joey Villasenor vs. Danillo Villefort
Winner:
Method of Victory:
Round:

Brock Larson vs. Tarec Saffiedine
Winner:
Method of Victory:
Round:

Ultimate Fight Night 22:

http://www.sherdog.com/events/UFC-UFC-Fight-Night-22-14024

Nate Marquardt vs. Rousimar Palhares
Winner:
Method of Victory:
Round:

Efrain Escudero vs. Charles Oliveira
Winner:
Method of Victory:
Round:

Jim Miller vs. Gleison Tibau
Winner:
Method of Victory:
Round:

Cole Miller vs. Ross Pearson
Winner:
Method of Victory:
Round:

Alright, results are in.

Just to give you guys a heads up, when a card takes place on a weeknight, don't expect results to be up before the weekend. Right now, my schedule is crazy with working in an office all day and then I'm taking classes for my MBA. I had a couple questions regarding the delay in results, which is fine, I'd want to know how I did too, but at the end of a long day, the last thing I'm going to want to do is get online and tabulate results. I hope you guys understand. In most cases, cards take place on Saturdays, which means it's no problem getting them in the following Sunday... but this is just a heads up for weeknight cards.

Both of these cards were very difficult to predict, with some very low scores coming in. It's more fun when the fights are unpredictable though. Here we go.

For #1 Contender for the title:

Dressler - 35
Buffalo Dave - 24
GuyCompton - 23
IndyJon - 19
JMT225 - 18

Dressler ran away with it here, earning another shot at the title. Excellent job, Dressler!

For the title between Boxer38 and Fizzy:

Boxer38 - 31
Fizzy - 22

Dressler will take on Boxer 38 for the title for the UFC 119 card. Congratulations to the both of them!

Fucking got every Shark fight wrong which had my 6 and 7 I think. Very unpredictable cards, but it was fun. It's really not fun when everything goes the exact way you think. Anyway grats to Boxer.

Fucking Jardine and Sokoudjou killed me. Larson was a disappointment as well, I was giving him like 5 confidence points. Congrats to Boxer and Dressler. Not bad though, 7 people participate for this one. Probably be back up to normal numbers for UFC 119.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back