• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

UFC Undisputed 3 Thread

Turd Ferguson

DA-DA Da Da Da Bah Da Da DADADA
So, this comes out Tuesday and looks awesome. Perfect for those of us who are alone on Valentine's Day to have the ability to play a game with one dude lying on top of another.

There are a lot of improvements from the last installment (hopefully that includes online play that doesn't shut down on you every time you try to play a goddamn fight online). Most notable: PRIDE mode, which gives you the ability to play the game using PRIDE venues, fighters, and rules. They also have the PRIDE Grand Prix!! You can also use UFC fighters in PRIDE mode. I think the first fight I'm going to do is Brock Lesnar vs. Bob "Lamentable Dust Man" Sapp in PRIDE.

New THQ servers for online play
Pride Mode, with Pride rules, ring, and fighters. Commentary will be provided by Bas Rutten and Stephen Quadros. Lenne Hardt will announce the fighters in Pride.
A brand new submission system.
Mo-capping used for fighters giving more realistic movement and striking.(This doesn't apply for all fighters. Some will still use archetypes.)
New Stats: Footwork, Ground Grapple Top and Bottom for offense and defense.
Fighter entrances.
Two gameplay control options: traditional and simplified. (Pro and Amateur controls)
Leg Kick TKOs, including leg breaks from checked kicks.
New submission moves including the standing rear naked choke, standing guillotine, and the flying scissor heel hook.
New KO animations.
Damage recovery between rounds.
Cuts affect stamina and energy recovery rate.
Redesigned striking game emphasizing jabs, quick strikes, and combinations.
New Stamina system. Your stamina can only come back up so far until you are fully rested.
Stamina depletion will also effect fighter's stats.
New clinch controls. You can close the distance to keep from getting knee'd to the head & punching your way out. (This also helps in other areas)
New transition in the clinch to back control.
Whip knees can be done to the body & can be blocked.
Stat decay removed in Career Mode.
Roster fighters from the UFC and Pride can now be taken through career mode.

Auto-Block removed.
New ground positions with the cage.
Using the cage to set-up submissions & "wall walking" back to a standing position.
New options, such as Stamina Simulation mode, Competition Spec mode (Removes all random elements such as flash KOs and doctor stoppages), and Stat Equalizer (Equalizes all stats to 80 for both fighters).
Reach is now a big part in striking.
Fighters are now able to sway on the ground to avoid strikes.
A new feint system.
Takedown-intercepting knees have been added.
"Finish the Fight" allows you to continue striking until the ref pulls you off.
Sweeps are back including new ones.
Elbow spamming has been fixed. Only certain fighters have elbows in clinch range.
Ref resetting has been fixed. You can only pull someone off the cage by a takedown/slam.
No more sub-cancelling.
Pride Grand Prix have been included, with the ability to have fights in the same night with damage moving onto the next fight.

I bolded the two features I'm most excited about. No longer will your fighter suddenly forget how to throw an effective kick (which killed the last game's career mode), but you can also do a career mode with an existing fighter. I'm very excited to make Mark Hunt: UFC Heavyweight Champion a reality.

If you're going to buy the game, be sure to get it from Gamestop. Nick Diaz, Brian Stann, Phil Davis, and Mayhem Miller are Gamestop exclusive fighters... you won't be able to play as them for months otherwise. It's actually worth getting it there this time around... last time the Gamestop exclusives included unnotable terrible fighters like James McSweeney and Marcus Jones. This time, there's only one terrible fighter!

There will also be two downloadable content packs offered in March and April.

The Fight of the Night Pack offers: Joe Lauzon, Anthony Johnson (Hopefully they incorporate him missing weight by 12 pounds in this game), Charles Oliveira, Sam Stout, and Rory McDonald.

The International Pack offers: John Hathaway, Chan Sung Jung, Alessio Sakara, Kyle Noke, and Pascal Krauss (Seriously, WHO?!).

No clue why Alexander Gustafsson wasn't included in the International Pack, but some random dude who nobody knows was. The lack of Jake Ellenberger is also disappointing.

You can also get Alistair Overeem as DLC, but unfortunately, that requires you to "Like" UFC Undisputed 3 on Facebook.

The roster is pretty awesome though, you can check it out here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UFC_Undisputed_3#UFC_Roster

If you want to play and most likely beat me on PSN, my user name is BlackLesnar.

If you're going to buy the game, be sure to get it from Gamestop. Nick Diaz, Brian Stann, Phil Davis, and Mayhem Miller are Gamestop exclusive fighters... you won't be able to play as them for months otherwise.
I'll try getting it from there, but only if they have a copy of the game that has not been opened. Every time I try to purchase a game there, they have to pull it out of disc sleeve, and I'm not about to purchase a new game in used condition.

I'm looking forward to this game. The demo was great fun, and this will probably be my Christmas gift to myself (usually I don't pay full price for games, wait until they come down).

I actually played the full version at Best Buy yesterday. Some tough guy wasn't happy that I ground and pounded him out using Chael Sonnen against his Anderson Silva.

That's the most fun thing about playing online too. Fitch'ing people is always a good time.

Also, I could watch this video all day and it would never get old.

So I read Palhares has the highest submission rating in the game and has a flying heel hook attack.

Sounds about right.

Soo pumped, Pickin mine up from GameStop tomorrow! I played it at best buy already and absolutely loved it. I can't wait to take Cerrone through career mode. Anyone who has 360 and wants to play my tag is JWGunslinger316.

So I need some helps guys, I just picked up my copy and downloaded both Reem and the contenders pack but they aren't showing up the roster. Any ideas on what the hell is going on there?

So I need some helps guys, I just picked up my copy and downloaded both Reem and the contenders pack but they aren't showing up the roster. Any ideas on what the hell is going on there?

You need to scroll to the side from what I've heard.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back