• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

UFC Reportedly Finalizing Deal for Fedor

Well, I'm not so sure about that. While Fedor's kicking is pretty much non-existent, his boxing is still incredible and he has unbelievable knockout power. I think overall, while Overeem obviously has more tools, Fedor still has the advantage on the feet because his boxing just overshadows everything Overeem offers there.
I'm not sure about incredible. He seems to throw looping punches which i would say might be dangerous in a K-1 fight, also like you point out his kicks are non-existent. His stand-up works for MMA since people also have to worry for his very dangerous ground game. Overeem on the other hand does have under his belt a win over Badr Hari, and trains at golden glory, which has its fair share of decent K-1 fighters. So if it were a K-1 match, i would put my money on Overeem.
But he looked great against Brock, had that fight going his way before he got caught. I mean, you really think about it... if Brock doesn't land that one punch, Randy Couture most likely goes on to win that fight.
Oh, no. Randy looked fantastic, even tired out Brock. The thing is, at the end of the day he still lost, and has taken another 9 month lay off. He needs a notable win before he can start being named.
Who is his next fight? I haven't heard anything about it. If you're assuming his next fight will be a big one, than you could be wrong on that one. He very well could end up fighting a tomato next.
Well he is the number 1 contender for the HW title. Werdum was just a replacement for Rogers since Rogers didn't want to fight again so soon. So Roger's next fight should be Overeem or whoever wins in the match Werdum is in.
Well, I don't bet at all on MMA anyway, so there. :icon_razz:

Seriously though, you put a gun to my head and tell me to pick a winner, I think I would go with Cro Cop at the end of the day. Honestly.
Funny it takes a gun to your head to put money down on CroCop.
While what I said doesn't prove anything, nothing you can say either makes it fact that he's still not an excellent fighter. Nothing has exactly been "proven" yet when it comes to Cro Cop.
I do have facts to back it up. He lost to Gonzaga, anything can happen in this sport so i don't see it a fluke. He lost to Kongo, should have gotten points off? Well he didn't, the ref didn't deem it so. And was getting tooled by Overeem. Are wins over Hong Man Choi, and Al-turk gonna prove he is STILL a excellent fighter? Fighters eventually go down in quality, it happens to most. I love CroCop, but he needs to prove still he can hang with mid tier or high tier heavyweights.
He'll get a can if he loses, and then he'll get another big fight after that. If he somehow wins against Dos Santos though in old Cro Cop fashion, then all the wondering and speculation is over.
Well since he is my favorite fighter, i do hope he sends Dos Santos to the cemetery with a left head kick. I just reserve judgment and speculation until its actually shown.
Even the Nog in the Mir fight would beat Monson striking wise, lol. Monson sucks on the feet, man. As far as the ground game goes, I still would see Nog holding his own. He probably wouldn't be able to catch Monson, but I HIGHLY doubt Monson would be able to catch him. The fight would go to a decision with Nog winning. If Nog is his normal self, then he finishes off Monson with ease.
I never said Monson should strike with Nog. Monson is a decent wrestler with some good BJJ credentials. I'm sure he can lay and pray on Nog for a decision.
Yeah, but my point was that the guys he did fight on 'roids obviously weren't as skillful as Barnett is all around. Coleman for example doesn't have the ground game Barnett does. Same case for someone like Kevin Randleman. Fedor getting overpowered by those guys was okay because he could easily catch them on the ground. However, if Barnett is using, it makes it an extremely harder fight for Fedor than those other guys because as I said, it's not easy to catch Barnett like it is someone like Coleman or Randleman.
I agree with this, but my point stands about the roids. First of all this fight will only most likely take place in Japan. It's already stereotyped that everyone who fights there is on roids. Thus why i don't see this being any different. Maybe in the states i can see your point, but in Japan where its thought that everyone is on roids, and there's a good chance that most of Fedor's opponents were roided? Can't see it.
Kongo's still very tall though, and there's no way Sylvia is stronger than Kongo. No way in hell.

See the difference? lol
Well that looks like one of his bad days. The man is never in shape, but i have seen him in slightly better shape then that. Anyway, i don't see how that changes anything. I'm not sure if Kongo is stronger, Kongo is ripped, but he's not a tank or anything. At the end of the day he still weighs less then Sylvia by 20 pounds or more, and gives up a notable height difference to him being 6'4, while Sylvia is 6'7.
It's not so easy to scramble away from Brock though. Once that monster gets his hands on you, and with his quickness and aggressiveness, he will eventually.... there's no stopping him from taking you down.
Well I'm fairly confident the man with best scramble in the sport Fedor can scramble out. As for Overeem, he can either knock him out when he shoots, or pray he can scramble him, since really who worries about Brock trying to submit you while scrambling?
I actually think Mir would be able to hold his own against Overeem on the feet, and as you said he definitely has the ground advantage. So, overall, Mir takes it, in my opinion.
Well I'm also a big Mir fan, but out striking a weird Big Nog i wouldn't say puts his striking above Overeem's. I'm sure he's a fine striker, just can't imagine it being on Overeem's level.
He has been on a slump against guys who are strictly stand-up fighters. And as I explained, one was because of one kick, one was because he kept getting kicked in the balls, and the other you could argue his opponent was just superior, even with it being another case of someone repeatedly hitting Cro Cop's poor, poor balls, lol.
Well the one kick is a fair win, just like it is for CroCop. Nut shots happen often in Kongo fights, so nothing new, and apparently the ref thought it didn't warrant a point deduction. And yes, i do feel sorry for his nuts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back