UFC on Fox/Mayweather vs. Cotto Live Discussion Thread

He got outclassed in the last few exchanges, though. Mayweather's too quick for Cotto and he's defending every shot Cotto's throwing with ease.

What would happen if he fought Pacquiao?

Same exact thing that happened in this fight except Pac would have around 35% accuracy as opposed to Cotto's 20ish.

Mayweather is far and away the best boxer of this generation. While Pac is starting to show signs of aging, Floyd keeps trucking on looking better and better. Sadly, Mayweather could not be a more selfish, disgusting piece of shit if he tried and that will always be an asterisk on his legacy.

Pretty good fight. Cotto put up a better fight than I thought. He needs to fight the Pac-Man already!

And it draws a ridiculous amount of money, doesn't it?

Did I ever say it didn't?

Him drawing insane amounts of money does not change the fact the his selfishness has robbed us of what had the potential to be the greatest Boxing career of all time. His drawing ability doesn't change the fact that he is a wife beating piece of shit. I consider the guy to be the most talented boxer of all time, but I don't try to kid myself into thinking money is everything.

If you guys can listen closely, over yonder in the horizon, you can hear every Puerto Rican on this planet that cheered for Cotto yell the following:

"This fight was fixed!"

Him drawing insane amounts of money does not change the fact the his selfishness has robbed us of what had the potential to be the greatest Boxing career of all time. His drawing ability doesn't change the fact that he is a wife beating piece of shit. I consider the guy to be the most talented boxer of all time, but I don't try to kid myself into thinking money is everything.

I wasn't trying to justify how he behaves, was just pointing out the fact that (I'm assuming) a lot of people watch because they want to see Mayweather's face get rocked. Hell, I did.

What a fantastic night of fights.

Mayweather/Cotto was terrific. Mayweather is just beautiful to watch, but Cotto gave it everything he had and made it a competitive fight just like I knew he would. I gave Cotto 4 Rounds, 1 being very generous. But Mayweather definitely dominated, and he was a class act after the fight, which I was very happy to see.

Canelo/Mosley was also very good. Mosley pissed me off with his performances against Mayweather and Pacquiao, but man... he brought it tonight. He also has one of the best chins in fighting history. That said, Canelo is a beast and if he can learn some English, he will be boxing's biggest draw within the next 3 years. I guarantee it.

If you guys can listen closely, over yonder in the horizon, you can hear every Puerto Rican on this planet that cheered for Cotto yell the following:

"This fight was fixed!"
Good thing I had a skeptical mindset going it. Cotto fought a hell of a lot better than I thought. And yes, everyone got pissed off about it. It was glorious. We throw out analysis for patriotism.

What a fantastic night of fights.

Mayweather/Cotto was terrific. Mayweather is just beautiful to watch, but Cotto gave it everything he had and made it a competitive fight just like I knew he would. I gave Cotto 4 Rounds, 1 being very generous. But Mayweather definitely dominated, and he was a class act after the fight, which I was very happy to see.
I was caught by surprise for all the praise he gave Cotto. Cotto fought great, but his strategy did not change at all even though it wasn't wasn't working well at first. Loved how he picked Floyd up and carried him to the ropes in the opening rounds. Then he pats him on the head.

Canelo/Mosley was also very good. Mosley pissed me off with his performances against Mayweather and Pacquiao, but man... he brought it tonight. He also has one of the best chins in fighting history. That said, Canelo is a beast and if he can learn some English, he will be boxing's biggest draw within the next 3 years. I guarantee it.
Hope so. Though Shane got tired in a hurry from what I saw.

You could say VERY similar things about Mayweather and Brock Lesnar. Both drew tons of money as fighters and both are basically terrible human beings. Doesn't change the fact that people pay to see them and that they are good at what they do (Lesnar is obviously not as good at MMA as Mayweather at boxing but you get the idea). Plus, in today's society, the trainwreck is always more appealing to the masses than the good guy. That's probably why more people hate Tim Tebow than someone like Mayweather.

You could say VERY similar things about Mayweather and Brock Lesnar. Both drew tons of money as fighters and both are basically terrible human beings.

I guess in your little twisted world improper tagging of an animal is equal to beating women and threatening children :shrug: . There is no possible way to compare Brock to Floyd. What has Brock done to be considered a terrible human being?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back