• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

UFC Live: Jones vs. Matyushenko Prediction Contest!

Turd Ferguson

DA-DA Da Da Da Bah Da Da DADADA
This is the prediction contest for UFC Live: Jones vs. Matyushenko! DO NOT post your picks in this thread. PM your picks to me whenever you are ready. I will be taking picks up until the fights start, which should be around 6:00 p.m. EST. Any picks submitted after that point will not count.

When you make your picks, you have to pick whoever you think will win, the amount of confidence points you assign to each fighter, the method of victory (strikes, sub hold or decision), and the round (or decision). Regular fights are 3 rounds. Championship fights are 5 rounds. There are no title fights on this card.

Here are two examples of correct predictions:

Antonio Rogerio Nogueira vs. Luiz Cane
Winner: Nogueira (4)
Method of Victory: Strikes
Round: 1

A correct prediction here would net 6 points.

Quinton "Rampage" Jackson vs. Keith Jardine
Winner: Rampage (6)
Method of Victory: Decision

A correct prediction here would net 8 points. If you predict a decision, that is how you should go about predicting it.

I will be sending my picks to JMT225 so that there is no suspicion of cheating.

If you need reference for how this works, or have any questions, check out this thread: http://forums.wrestlezone.com/showthread.php?t=112934

I will not be reminding anyone about confidence points... it's your responsibility to understand the system.

Here's the story with the title: I doubt Baller is coming back. He hasn't posted since he got ran off the forum. So the title will be up for grabs between Dave, Buffalo Dave, Dressler, and the former champion, Marquis. After this point, we should be back on track for the 117 card for the title system.

Use the provided link to pick fights. You will be predicting 8 fights, so assign your confidence points accordingly.

http://www.sherdog.com/events/UFC-UFC-on-Versus-2-13294

Jon Jones vs. Vladimir Matyushenko
Winner:
Method of Victory:
Round:

Yushin Okami vs. Mark Munoz
Winner:
Method of Victory:
Round:

Jake Ellenberger vs. John Howard
Winner:
Method of Victory:
Round:

Takanori Gomi vs. Tyson Griffin
Winner:
Method of Victory:
Round:

DaMarques Johnson vs. Matt Riddle
Winner:
Method of Victory:
Round:

Paul Kelly vs. Jacob Volkmann
Winner:
Method of Victory:
Round:

James Irvin vs. Igor Pokrajac
Winner:
Method of Victory:
Round:

Brian Stann vs. Mike Massenzio
Winner:
Method of Victory:
Round:

There's been a really disappointing turnout so far.

Please get your picks in! We've had a good turnout each time for these UFC cards... and it would be a shame if participation dropped off. Let's put it this way... I had more participation for the Fedor/Werdum card last month, and it would suck if we had more participation for a Strikeforce card than a potentially good UFC one.

Okay, we only had eight participants for this card. I assume it was due to the lack of big names and people being unsure who to pick... and in addition to that, two of our regulars are on vacation. I presume we'll be back on track for the UFC 117 prediction contest, which is a very stacked card.

First off, we had four participants vying for the vacant title. At UFC 116, Dave, Buffalo Dave, and Dressler all tied for the second highest score. Whistler619 won the contest, but he's on vacation. Also, Baller won the title from Marquis, but he pissed off a bunch of people on the forums, so he left. For this card, I decided to give the three people who tied for second highest, as well as Marquis, a chance for the title.

Dave didn't participate. The scores were:

Dressler - 31
Marquis - 27
Buffalo Dave - 22

So Dressler is the new champion.

The participants vying for #1 contendership were myself, IndyJon, jmt225, Rizza, and Via Armbar. The scores were:

jmt225 - 35
GuyCompton - 31
Rizza/IndyJon - 26
Via Armbar - 19

So the title will be decided between Dressler and jmt225 for the UFC 117 Prediction Card!

I have a question about these. In the Howard-Ellenberger fight. Howard was stopped by the doc, for the swollen eye. Does this count as strikes? I actually predicted Howard winning, so this doesn't count for me. I was just wondering about like Corner Stoppages, and Doctor Stoppages. What happens if one of these occur. I looked through the initial help thread and didn't see anything. So my apologies if this is a stupid question.

No problem man. The way I look at it is that because Strikes caused his eye to swell up in the first place, that is how it would count in scoring. Everyone had that fight going to a decision anyway, but for the most part, in the case of doctor stoppages and things of that nature, the way those would most likely be scored is just due to strikes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back