• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

UFC 90: Silva vs. Cote

Y 2 Jake

Slightly Autistic

UFC 90: Silva vs. Cote
Oct-25-2008

Anderson Silva Vs. Patrick Cote
Diego Sanchez Vs. Thiago Alves
Thales Leites Vs. Goran Reljic
Fabricio Werdum Vs. Junior Dos Santos
Sean Sherk Vs. Tyson Griffin
Rich Clementi Vs. Gray Maynard
Spencer Fisher Vs. Shannon Gugerty
Hermes Franca Vs. Marcus Aurelio
Josh Burkman Vs. Pete Sell​

I'm not terribly intrested in the main event. I think the outcome is predictable. It won't be a quick fight. I expect at least two rounds. But I don't see the outcome being anything other than a victory for Silva. I'm far more intrested in Sherk vs. Griffin. Should be an intresting fight. Not a bad card overall.

This is going to be an amazing show. Cote has a chance to pull the biggest upset in MMA history (I personally don't think he will, but it IS possible with someone like Cote); Sanchez vs. Alves should be AWESOME; Thales Leites vs. Goran Reljic should be a good fight, even though I don't know much about either one, but their records and last performances speak for themselves; Fabricio Werdum is a fun fighter to watch and should kick some ass; and while Sherk can be a boring fighter at times, he's still interesting to watch and Griffin goes full speed at all times, so it's more likely that this ends up being a good fight rather then a dull one. Overall, should be an awesome show, I think. Predictions:

Anderson Silva over Patrick Cote by TKO in 2nd.
Diego Sanchez over Thiago Alves by Submission in 3rd.
Thales Leites over Goran Reljic by Split Decision.
Fabricio Werdum over Junior Dos Santos by KO in 1st.
Sean Sherk over Tyson Griffin by Unanimous Decision
Rich Clementi over Gray Maynard by Submission in 1st.
Spencer Fisher over Shannon Gugerty by KO in 1st.
Hermes Franca over Marcus Aurelio by Submission in 2nd.
Pete Sell over Josh Burkman by Split Decision.

AM i'm the only one watching this show (in a bar, lol, I wont pay 44 bucks plus tax) most for the Diego Sanchez vs Thiago Alves fight? man, this should be the most entertaining fight in the card!! both are in a roll, specially Alves (after his win over Matt Hughes) but i see "Nightmare" winning by submission in the second round.

Anderson fight should be a quick one. Cote shouldn't represent too much of a challenge.
Anderson is a beast, is that simple. I don't see who can defeat him right now.

Tyson Griffin vs Sean Sherk should be fun to watch too. i predict Tyson wins this in a split decision.

good card overall, but I cant wait for UFC 91!!!

in a development that will definitely add insult to injury, diego is injured and had to be pulled from the fight. his replacement.........josh koscheck

i, too, was pumped to see this fight and was hoping that diego won. this would definitely have been his biggest win.

anderson should easily destroy cote

So.......Last night Anderson Silva acted like a moron.....He danced , pranced , and taunted Patrick Cote. I was honestly hoping Cote would have pulled off a win and got the title. That way Anderson could go to the Light heavywieght division and possibly dominate. BUT Cote's freaking knee had to blow out. I'm going on record right now and saying that is Cote wouldnt have got injured he would have knocked out Silva. Anderson wasnt himself last night because he was show boating. Eventualy Cote would have cought him with a KO punch.

So.......Last night Anderson Silva acted like a moron.....He danced , pranced , and taunted Patrick Cote. I was honestly hoping Cote would have pulled off a win and got the title. That way Anderson could go to the Light heavywieght division and possibly dominate. BUT Cote's freaking knee had to blow out. I'm going on record right now and saying that is Cote wouldnt have got injured he would have knocked out Silva. Anderson wasnt himself last night because he was show boating. Eventualy Cote would have cought him with a KO punch.

I agree completely. I was reading in the interview after the fight anderson said he did it to keep cote off guard and confuse him. Bullshit he made cote look like a joke and cote deserves better then that. Giving his hand out to cote while hes on the ground? thats all nice and all but please he is a BJJ black belt. On top of that everytime he actually went in to attack cote he could have finished him. And how dumb does we think we are? It was pretty obvious he was trying to move like Bruce Lee. I lost alot of respect for silva he got lucky because cote caught him a few times if he would have kept showboating and cote didn't blow his knee Cote would have caught him punch and end it.

I watched UFC 90 earilier today. It definitely had good/great moments, but was a bit "bleh" overall.

I was really looking forward to Sean Sherk vs. Tyson Griffin, and it delivered. In my opinion, it was the best fight of the night. I like both of these guys, and it was a pleasure to see them duke it out. Sean Sherk ain’t done yet.

Fabricio Werdum vs. Junior Dos Santos really surprised me. I was convinced Werdum was going to add another win to his record, but Santos owned him big-time. Wow. Color me very impressed.

Clementi vs. Maynard did absolutely nothing for me. Alves vs. Koscheck was alright, but nothing too noteworthy, apart from Alves’ rocking of Kos in the 1st round and the impressive leg kicks. But I’m still convinced Alves would get his ass kicked against Diego Sanchez and especially GSP.

Leites was impressive in his win over McFedries.

And Silva vs. Cote disappointed me. Silva definitely landed in some good shots, but I got the feeling he was just phoning it in. I did enjoy him extending his hand to help Cote up from his back in the second round, as Silva didn’t feel like going to the ground. He seems bored as a Middleweight, considering he’s beaten just about everyone in the division, and that no one in the division can dethrone him. Very disappointing ending, and I really hope Silva moves up to Light Heavyweight. A lot of great matches and big money can be made with Silva as a LHW.

I was both disappointed and amused by Anderson's performance. His theatrics were the only thing interesting going on in a mostly uneventful and eventually anticlimactic main event.

Werdum....hopefully he comes out actually in-shape and serious for his next fight so he doesn't get KTFO by someone even less known than he is.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back