UFC 117: Silva vs. Sonnen Prediction Contest!

Turd Ferguson

DA-DA Da Da Da Bah Da Da DADADA
This is the prediction contest for UFC 117: Silva vs. Sonnen! DO NOT post your picks in this thread. PM your picks to me whenever you are ready. I will be taking picks up until the fights start, which should be around 6:00 p.m. EST. Any picks submitted after that point will not count.

When you make your picks, you have to pick whoever you think will win, the amount of confidence points you assign to each fighter, the method of victory (strikes, sub hold or decision), and the round (or decision). Regular fights are 3 rounds. Championship fights are 5 rounds. There is ONE Title Fight on this card.

Here are two examples of correct predictions:

Antonio Rogerio Nogueira vs. Luiz Cane
Winner: Nogueira (4)
Method of Victory: Strikes
Round: 1

A correct prediction here would net 6 points.

Quinton "Rampage" Jackson vs. Keith Jardine
Winner: Rampage (6)
Method of Victory: Decision

A correct prediction here would net 8 points. If you predict a decision, that is how you should go about predicting it.

I will be sending my picks to JMT225 so that there is no suspicion of cheating.

If you need reference for how this works, or have any questions, check out this thread: http://forums.wrestlezone.com/showthread.php?t=112934

I will not be reminding anyone about confidence points... it's your responsibility to understand the system.

Dressler will be putting his title on the line against jmt225 for this card. Best of luck to the both of them!

Use the provided link to pick fights. You will be predicting 11 fights... which is the entire card, so assign your confidence points accordingly.

http://www.sherdog.com/events/UFC-117-Silva-vs-Sonnen-13310

UFC Middleweight Championship

Anderson Silva vs. Chael Sonnen
Winner:
Method of Victory:
Round:

Jon Fitch vs. Thiago Alves
Winner:
Method of Victory:
Round:

Clay Guida vs. Rafael dos Anjos
Winner:
Method of Victory:
Round:

Matt Hughes vs. Ricardo Almeida
Winner:
Method of Victory:
Round:

Junior dos Santos vs. Roy Nelson
Winner:
Method of Victory:
Round:

Dustin Hazelett vs. Rick Story
Winner:
Method of Victory:
Round:

Phil Davis vs. Rodney Wallace
Winner:
Method of Victory:
Round:

Johny Hendricks vs. Charlie Brenneman
Winner:
Method of Victory:
Round:

Stefan Struve vs. Christian Morecraft
Winner:
Method of Victory:
Round:

Tim Boetsch vs. Todd Brown
Winner:
Method of Victory:
Round:

Ben Saunders vs. Dennis Hallman
Winner:
Method of Victory:
Round:

Results are in.

First off... as usual, thanks again to all who participated. It's gratifying when we get such a huge turnout for these, because it makes them worth doing for each card. With it being the summertime, plus the fact that I put up 11 fights for predicting, I really wasn't expecting too much of a turnout, but you guys came through. We had 10 participants for this card.

For the Title:

Dressler was defending it for the first time against jmt225.

jmt225 - 49
Dressler - 23

jmt225 is the new MMA Predictions Champion, congratulations to him!

For Number One Contendership:

Fizzy - 71
Buffalo Dave - 70
Rizza - 67
Boxer38 - 63
IndyJon - 57
Superman Punch - 54
Marquis - 47
GuyCompton - 45

After counting three times to make sure I was completely accurate, Fizzy outlasted Buffalo Dave by one point, and will challenge jmt225 for his title for the WEC Prediction Contest on August 18.

Congrats to JMT for being the new Champ!! Not really a close title match, but for the number 1 contender bout, I can't believe how close Fizzy and I were. The match that screwed me was Saunders vs. Hallman. I had Hallman penciled in first, but changed my mind later on, thinking we might see the Saunders that took out Davis. Still hats off to Fizzy as well for edging out the victory.

Once again thanx to Guy for doing this again!!

Guy, have you thought about doing what I mentioned back when you first brought the prediction contest up, about doing a bonus for picking fight of the night, KO of the night, and submission of the night??

Still might be holding off on that for now man. That's so hard to predict, and I'm not sure how I'll allot points for that. It would be unfair to weigh what amounts to a wild guess when it's all said and done into something that should be based on performing well on the cards themselves.

And yeah, I wish I went with Hallman too... Ben Saunders is teetering on the line of being a major bust at this point, along with Dustin Hazelett. I thought both guys were future contenders at 170 and that looks like it couldn't be further from the case right now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back