Preliminary Card (Spike TV)

• Lightweight bout: Tyson Griffin vs. Evan Dunham
  • Lightweight bout: Mac Danzig vs. Matt Wiman

Preliminary Card (Non-televised)

• Middleweight bout: David Loiseau vs. Mario Miranda
  • Welterweight bout: James Wilks vs. Peter Sobotta
  • Welterweight bout: Ricardo Funch vs. Claude Patrick
  • Welterweight bout: Mike Pyle vs. Jesse Lennox

......................................................................................​

This is a pretty decent card, but in my opinion it should be on free TV. I really cannot picture anyone paying $50 for this. Every "big name" on this show is looked at by most as washed up. Unfortunate, but true.

Anyways, Chuck Liddell vs. Rich Franklin... I see Franklin completely picking Liddell apart for the entire fight. Chuck has always been a counter puncher, and Franklin's just not the type who'll fall for Liddell's tactics. His boxing is way too crisp and technical to get countered with big shots from someone like Liddell, and the guy just knows what he's doing in there. He'll either work his way to decision, and perhaps even put Chuck out in the 2nd or 3rd. Franklin is far superior in every aspect, and he's anything but washed up. Can't say the same for Liddell, though.

It'll be fun to see Cro Cop back in there as always, and I'm hoping we can get another win from him, so he can catapult his way back up the Heavyweight ladder. It won't be easy against Pat Barry though, who's a great kickboxer himself and just one big win away from becoming known as a legitimate threat in the HW Division. So, there's no doubt he'll show up in this one in the best shape he's ever been in. Should end up being a really great fight.

Paulo Thiago is becoming one of my favorite Welterweights in the UFC, and there's no doubt in my mind he'll continue his winning ways against the overrated Martin Kampmann. Paulo will pick the dude apart and then finish him in the 2nd or 3rd... no doubt about it.

Ben Rothwell vs. Gilbert Yvel should be a fun little stand-up battle. It's also basically a "Loser Leaves Town" match, since you know who ever loses will get cut. But yeah.. I don't care for either guy, so I'm just hoping for an absolute war with a devastating knockout at the end.

I couldn't care less about either Carlos Condit or Rory MacDonald, so I really don't care for this match, to be honest. Might end up being great, but I'll take either Spike Prelim over this one.

Speaking of the Spike Prelims, both are awesome. Tyson Griffin ALWAYS puts on a show, and it should be no different here against the undefeated Evan Dunham, who looked fantastic in his last fight against Efrain Escudero.

And I'm a big fan of Mac Danzig, so I always look forward to his fight. Matt Wiman's a very exciting fighter with knockout power for a LW, but I definitely see Danzig picking him apart and putting him away mid-way through the fight; Danzig is just too well rounded for someone like Wiman.

None of the other preliminaries interest me, so I'll leave it at that. Like I said... it's actually a pretty fun card, but man... I really, really wish it were on free TV like it should be.

I couldn't agree more with your first few lines on this thread JMT. It's so true! Theres no better way to put it other than the way you did.

Liddell vs. Franklin In my heart I want Chuck to win this fight, but that would mean he keeps on fighting if he beats Franklin. If he loses theres no way Dana lets him continue at all. I just want to see him go out with a win, but against Franklin thats gonna be pretty hard for him. There is always the puncher's chance and Liddell might be able to catch Franklin, but in reality Rich isn't gonna let that happen. Im just hoping Liddell doesn't lose by KO cause one of these times he's not gonna wake up from one.

Cro Cop vs. Barry This should be pretty good fight. Mirko seems to be a little rejuvenated in wanting to continue his career. Even though his last fight against Perosh was a little mismatched because Perosh is mostly a light heavyweight, but he looked a lot better than he has in a while. This fight will probably end in one of the two ending it by leg kicks. How great would it be to see an old school Cro Cop head kick for the win?

Thiago vs. Kampmann This is probably the fight Im most looking forward to. Like you JMT Paulo Thiago is becoming one of my favorites in the WW's. I still fell he should've been in contention for a shot at GSP over Daley, but we all discussed that a while ago. If he beats Kampmann this should solidfy him to be next in line. Or at least set up the rematch against Fitch for it, if Fitch gets past Alves in August. I see this ending in the 2nd with Thiago by submission.

Rothwell vs. Yvel This should be a decent fight, Im not really a fan of either, but this should end with one of them winning by a KO. Im not sure if its loser leaves town because neither is going on their 3rd loss which is usually the protocol for being cut by the UFC unless your coined a lifer with the promotion. The loser will probably be the stepping stone for someone like Russow, then cut.

Condit vs. MacDonald This only makes the main card because Rory is Canadian I say. Like the Rothwell/Yvel fight I have little to no interest in this one. Let the winner get Dan Hardy since Hazelett withdrew from their purposed fight.

Onto the Spike Prelims, Griffin vs. Dunham Should be a great fight fight. Both fighters are close to the top of the lightweight division and whoever gets the win, Im assuming Griffin gives Dunham his first loss, will get them in serious title contention and winner should be next in line after the Ken-Flo/Maynard matchup.

Danzig vs. Wiman This is more of a loser leaves UFC match to me,at least in Danzig's case. He is hanging on by a very short rope, his last fight against Buchholz had that stipualtion, so this is probably no differnt for him. Im not really a fan of Danzig as a person but I do respect him as a fighter, just like my thoughts on Bisping. I see Danzig getting the win here via decision.

As for the other prelims their is nothing that stands out. Kinda feel for the crowd having to watch it, but their are a couple more Canadians fighting so it gives them something to root for.

Chuck Liddell was always cool, but Rich Franklin is one of my favorite fighters of all time, he is one of the two fighters I consider to be my favorite of all time. I still think Rich Franklin has a lot of fight left in him, compared to Chuck anyways. Franklins stand up in my opinion is better, I think that could be argued, but I would say Chuck just has more power, not more skill. I think Franklin avoids the big shots and soundly out works Chuck to a decision. If he gets a KO I will be thrilled though.

I am looking forward to Cro Cop and Pat Barry like hell. I want Cro Cop to win. Plain and simple. Just becuase I think Barry can rebound back better from a defeat at this point in his career then Cro Cop can. I like Pat alot though. I really do think either won of these guys can take this one. I just hope its a war that Cro Cop pulls out. Maybe if the planets are aligned or some shit Mirko wins by head kick.

Not much to say about the other fights really. Except that I hope that Paulo Thiago KO's Kampmann, which I think is possible. Hopefully Rothwell wins, and oh yea, WAR Carlos Condit. He is the fucking man. I don't know why am really a fan of his, but every time I see one of his fights I am drawn to root for him.

Also Evan Dunham shouldn't beat Tyson Griffin. Tyson is a legit contender and should be mentioned with future contenders for a title shot. That being said I am rooting my ass off for Evan. I was a pretty big fan after the KO win over Per Eklund. I missed his fight with Marcus Aurelio, and just sorta forgot about him. Then the next time I see him be was breaking the arm of Efrain Escudaro. I am not a big fan of Efrain either. So it was cool to see this dude who was pretty much unknown throw his name in the hat so to speak with a win over someone people do know. So here is to an upset victory for Dunham.

David Loiseau making a return is awesome too. I also hopes he kicks ass and maybe gets another fight or too. Loiseau via spinning back kick. WAR Crow

Main card

Light Heavyweight bout: Chuck Liddell vs. Rich Franklin - I'd really like to say Chuck Liddell, he is my all time favorite fighter. He just loves to fight, especially now when he has that much money he doesn't need to fight just shows that he would fight just for the competition side of it. Rich Franklin is a very versatile striker who is as crisp with his hands as with his feet. Franklin has great leg and body kicks which might leave Chuck at a distance for Rish to pick his shots...... come inside and step back out and pick Chuck apart for a UD. this won't go to the ground unless a desperation shot is needed.

Rich Franklin - TKO Rd 3/ Unanimous Decision

Heavyweight bout: Mirko Filipovic vs. Patrick Barry - I hate to do this because I have always backed Mirko even against Dos Santos (I later ate my hat for that one). This time I have Pat Barry winning this by TKO in the Second round with alot of power and aggression winning him this match up. Cro Cop is too much of a counter fighter to push the fight Pat Barry being bigger, stringer and more agressive will take the fight to Cro Cop waiting for him to make the mistake and Barry to capitalize.

Winner: Pat Barry - TKO/KO Rd 3

Welterweight bout: Paulo Thiago vs. Martin Kampmann - Thiago submission, it's that simple.

Winner: Paulo Thiago submission Rd 2

Heavyweight bout: Ben Rothwell vs. Gilbert Yvel - Ben Rothwell is far more of an MMA fighter, Yvel is a K1 fighter, he hasn't really got a ground game. I'd expect Rothwell to take this to the ground easy and pound Yvel for 3 rounds.

Welterweight bout: Carlos Condit vs. Rory MacDonald

Spells UD all over it, but on either side. These 2 are pretty versitile and willing to go anywhere in the octagon. I'd take it either way maybe draw. Just......... and I mean just sliding towards Condit by UD. Will be FOTN Contender

Winner : Draw / Unanimous Decision.

Preliminary Card (Spike TV)

Lightweight bout: Tyson Griffin vs. Evan Dunham

Tyson by UD. He is too powerful, Too much of a great wrestler and has cardio for absolute days. Dunham won't give him much trouble.

Winner: Tyson Griffin - Unanimous Decision.

Lightweight bout: Mac Danzig vs. Matt Wiman

This fight throws me around abit. Wiman is pretty explosive and has some power in his hands for a Lightweight, but Danzig is an extremely crisp and technical striker with power in hands and a great ground game. I'll take this fight.

Winner : Mac Danzig - Submission (Arm Bar) Rd 1 late or Rd 2 early.

Liddell looks to be in fantastic shape but I don't think his great looking physique is going to help him out all that much. Franklin is a machine and is great at wearing people down and grinding out wins. Chuck has been gone for about a year and has a suspect chin. Franklin should be able to pick Chuck apart in route to a KO in the second or a decision.

Cro Cop is fighting a prospect in Berry but I haven't really been impressed by him. I think Mirko's longer reach will be the determining factor. If he can keep Berry at bay and land some good kicks and punches then he should win a decision.

Kampann hasn't looked spectacular in his last couple fights whereas everyone is all over Thiago's nuts. Thiago should be able to tire Kampann out and put him away in the second or third.

Yvel and Rothwell will be a nice little slugfest. Rothwell has a distinct reach advantage and I think that will ultimately win him the fight and save his UFC career. Yvel is somewhat sloppy with his striking and it will leave him very open.

Condit should finish MacDonald, or at least the Condit of old. He has seemed a bit timid during his time in the UFC and if he fights that way again he may lose. However Condit is the better fighter.

Griffin/Dunham could very well be the fight of the night. Both men are very talented and exciting. It is kind of hard to chose a winner but I will say Griffin by decision.

I don't care for Mac Danzig and hope he loses. Wiman is a good fighter but I just don't know if he is on the same level as Danzig.

Not a horrible card but also not one that I would pay for.

For the amount of people saying this was a shitty card, it wound up being pretty decent. Not a world-beater, but very entertaining nonetheless.

I think that last night, we learned the value of the amount of seconds left in a round. There were two fights that went to the wire with less than 10 seconds left that made a world of difference.

First off, I'll talk about the main event. For most of that first round, Chuck looked like the Chuck of old. He was hitting Franklin with a barrage of strikes, broke Rich's arm, and I honestly think he was close to putting Rich away when he had him pinned up against the cage, right before Franklin's KO. If Chuck's chin could take enough damage for 5 more seconds, the fight would have been stopped between rounds because of Rich's arm. We'd all be saying that Chuck was back right now. Then, Chuck would have had the Tito fight, and then if he won there, he probably would have been one fight away from a title shot. Instead, he's looking like he's done. Meanwhile, Rich Franklin will probably be out for a little bit because of his broken arm, but he'll get a huge fight next against one of either Couture, Griffin, Rampage, or Nogueira.

The other fight that had come down to under 10 seconds was the ridiculously awesome Rory MacDonald vs. Carlos Condit fight. For the first two rounds, MacDonald looked every bit like the top prospect he's been heralded as. Then, for the first time, Greg Jackson expressed some real anger, and that motivated Condit enough to come out and dominate MacDonald in every way in the third round. He broke MacDonald's orbital, and he was in complete survival mode, where the ref stopped the fight with 10 seconds. I didn't agree with it last night when it first happened, but in hindsight, it was the right call. A lot of damage can be inflicted in 10 seconds. MacDonald could have had more than just a broken orbital in that time period. Even if it went to a decision, the judges could have scored that last round 10-8, making it a draw.

Pat Barry may have ruined his career last night by showing mercy to Mirko Cro Cop, who made him pay for his mistake by choking him out in the third round. There were two occasions in the first round where Barry was closing in on driving the final nail in the coffin of Cro Cop's career, but it seemed like he hit a mental wall and didn't want to be the one to end the career of his idol. After the first round, Cro Cop recovered and dominated Barry for two rounds, before choking him out. It was a great fight, and a great moment for Cro Cop, but Barry may have set his career back for a couple years last night by not finishing Cro Cop. Not sure where Cro Cop goes from here, his UFC contract is up, but he said he still wants to stay. He carries a high price tag though, so he may not be back. Who knows? Either way, I want to see Cro Cop vs. Nogueira one more time.

I hate Martin Kampmann and he Fitch'ed Paulo Thiago worse than Fitch. I'm a huge Paulo Thiago fan, but if he doesn't work on his ground defense, he's going to be exposed in that division and might not ever reach title contention.

I really don't like Ben Rothwell, and last night he put on his best Tim Sylvia impression by just lying down on top of his opponent for a win. Gilbert Yvel had Rothwell finished in the second round, but Yves Lavigne decided to be terrible earlier in the night by screwing Mac Danzig, and didn't want to be criticized for another possible early finish.

Dana said at the press conference that he's probably going to cut David Loiseau again. He'll probably get hired and fired by the UFC at least two more times before his career is over.

This card really wasn't that bad. I'd go out of my way to watch Condit/MacDonald, Cro Cop/Barry, and Franklin/Liddell.

Yeah, I agree with Guy completely; at first glance on paper, this card really didn't look very good, but man... 3 fights on the main card really delivered the goods.

Rich Franklin vs. Chuck Liddell was fucking awesome. Chuck looked FANTASTIC. He was in great shape, and he was hitting as hard as ever. I mean, seriously... those kicks were BRUTAL, each and every one of them.

That said, Rich Franklin is the fucking man. He withstands the flurry from Chuck, gets his arm broken, and still find a way to win the fight. Unbelievable. How could anyone not love/respect this guy as a fighter? He's tremendous.

The knockout blow Franklin gave Chuck didn't look very devastating, but you know what? I think Franklin's power in his hands has always been a little underestimated. The dude hits REALLY hard. Is Chuck's chin still suspect? Sure it is, but I don't think that was the only reason Chuck went down; Rich just hit a perfect punch. Much, much props to him.

Hopefully Franklin can get that arm healed sooner rather than later and become a major threat again in the UFC. Whether it'd be in the Light Heavyweight Division, or the Middleweight Division once Anderson Silva departs... I have a feeling Rich Franklin is about to go on another huge run.

As far as Chuck Liddell... meh, I don't think he wants to let go. He should, but I think he can convince Dana to give him one more fight (most likely against Tito Ortiz), and that will be that. Chuck is still a great fighter, but the fact is... he cannot take a shot anymore. And when you don't have a chin in this sport, and you're a stand-up fighter, you're just asking for trouble.

CroCop vs. Pat Barry was a great fucking fight, and out of the three fights I've watched from the main card so far (plus the two Spike preliminaries), it's my FOTN.

Patrick Barry looked GREAT in that first round. He was quicker than CroCop, and he beat him to the punch every single time. There were a couple of times in the fight you could argue that Barry could have put CroCop away if he pounced on him, but meh... I think he was just being cautious, not sympathetic.

I just can't take anything away from CroCop's performance. He was fucking awesome in the 2nd and 3rd Rounds of the fight. Was Barry a little gas? Yeah, but so what? CroCop wasn't and he took advantage of it and looked like the CroCop of 2005. It was beautiful to see, and I'm very happy we're going to get to see CroCop again in the UFC. It'll be very interesting to see who his next opponent will be.

I haven't watched Paulo Thiago vs. Martin Kampmann yet, nor do I plan to. I just know Paulo got completely dominated, and I couldn't be more disappointed by it. I thought this guy was about to go on a huge role in the Welterweight Division, but it looks like he just won't be able to beat lay 'n pray wrestlers. Shame...

Ben Rothwell vs. Gilbert Yvel is another one I refuse to watch. Both can go to hell...

Carlos Condit vs. Rory MacDonald was a GREAT fight! Unfortunate ending I guess (well, not unfortunate for me since I had Condit winning in my predictions ;) ), but still... Condit showed a LOT of heart to rebound from those first two rounds and come back and take it to MacDonald. I was very, very impressed by his heart and overall performance. I think he's going to go on to be one of the most exciting fighters in the UFC Welterweight Division. And Rory MacDonald... Jesus, that kid has all the potential in the World. Only 20-years-old and taking someone like Condit to the absolute limit... color me impressed.

Tyson Griffin looked the worst he's ever had. Dude got completely out grappled most of the fight, but then again... maybe Evan Dunham is just that good. It'll be interesting to see Dunham again in the future and see just how legit that performance last night was.

And Mac Danzig vs. Matt Wiman was a major disappointment. Terrible call by the ref, and it's a shame that's how the fight gad to end. But both guys were a complete class act afterward and you have to respect that. Hopefully we get a rematch between the two sooner rather than later.

I emphasis the response of Guy and JMT. Chuck versus Franklin was a mixed martial arts fans wet dream. The casual fans must have been jizzing all over themselves, as was I for that matter. By no means was it a great technical fight but my lord was it a blast to watch. Chuck looked awesome in the beginning but just got caught and there is no shame in that. Franklin has always been a favorite of mine and I really hope he can put everything together for another great run.

It's a shame Loiseau lost. All of the money he was going to earn and did earn is going to Haiti since he has family there. It would have just been a feel good moment if he could have picked up the win as well.

Griffin didn't look good but to be fair something needs to be done about the standing grapple rule. If nothing is being done the referee should break them up or something because quiet frankly there isn't much Griffin could do since apparently there is some sort of spiking rule and you don't want to risk being DQ'd.

Wiman/Danzig was a let down but as said both men were class acts afterward. I gained a lot of respect for Danzig for not bitching or moaning and just saying he wanted a rematch and I hope he gets it. I also found it hilarious that Joe Rogan called Team Caeser Gracie a bunch of savages. That's a tiny jab at those Strikeforce boys if you ask me.

I watched UFC 115 with a few friends last night. I've watched a lot of UFC stuff but this was my first UFC PPV to watch (disregarding looking up footage on youtube). I really enjoyed it. The best matches of the night by far were Cro Cop VS Barry and Liddell VS Franklin because they were both awesome fights that exceeded by expectations. I thought Liddell was going to beat Franklin but that ending was great. I look forward to watching many more UFC PPV's now!

Ugh... So another disappointing loss for Chuck, and this will be his last.. Can't say I didn't see it coming though, but I guess I had hope that Chuck would prove me wrong, and knock Franklin out. Chuck looked great for the entire first round. Those kicks were fucking devastating, and he was looking spot on with his punches until he tagged Rich. Rich said it best in the post fight interviews that when Chuck thinks he has you hurt he over-commits to punches that just don't hit. That proved to be his downfall. The end of one of the greatest of all times career...

Now onto the fucking highlight of the night! Holy fuck Mirko had me flipping out. The first round when he got knocked down twice I got fucking scared, and had a really bad feeling about the fight. Then after the first round Mirko turned it on. He looked fantastic the last two rounds. Barry is no joke. Hes a K-1 level striker who could knock out anybody at any given time. Mirko impressed the fuck out of me. He really committed to this camp and it showed.

The Rothwell/Yvel, and Paulo/Kampmann fights were shit, and uninteresting. The heavyweights both suck and are going nowhere, and Paulo showed that he was no where near the caliber of a fighter I thought he was.

Rory/Condit fight was epic. Holy fuck Rory has so much potential it's scary. At 20 years old he took Condit who has fought top competition for a long time to the end, and dominated him for most of the fight. Rory will be back, and he will be better than ever, and I have no doubts this kid could be a force for many years to come. As for the stoppage I disagreed last night, but watching it again I agree with it. Rory was hurt badly, and maybe he could have hung on for 7 more seconds, but why let a top prospect take that chance.

Tyson Griffin looked like shit. He really fucked me on those points as I gave him my 8. I'm very pissed at that. This was a great night of fights none the less, and I am very happy I decided to watch it. Just shows that cards that don't look good on paper can be fucking epic.

I have to say that Chuck and Rich pulled a great one off last night, even if it only went to one round. It really did prove a lot, one of them being that the Iceman doesn't have what he used to anymore. And even though Franklin is definitely one of my favourites, I'll admit that I was cheering for the other side many times in the fight. But even though people like Fizzy are and should be dissapointed, you also have to be pretty admired by the skills of Ace. The kid took up this match last minute, first off. But then he breaks his arm mid fight and is brave enough to finish the fight? Holy shit, can you even imagine? Of course, it had must've been hard at the end of it all when you figure out that you just ended the Ice Age as some have called it.

The Cro Crop match was insane too, and the other match that I'll probably remember out of this batch. I mean, the first round had me scared out of my mind. Was the guy seriously going to lose now, when he has beaten so many men better than his opponent tonight? But he eventually got it done with a raw naked rear choke.

Have to say the card exceeded my expectations, I thought it was gonna be a decent card but definitely ended up being better than what I thought. The hat snatcher that swiped Rothwell's and Thiago's hats what a ballsy move.

Liddell/Franklin

Well as most of us thought Franklin beat Liddell. But damn did Chuck look good in shape wise and fighting. Like everyone else I wanted those last 5 seconds to go by to get to round 2. Each time Chuck was tapped with a Franklin punch I cringed hoping that it wasn't going to be the one that KO's him, then boom Chuck's out. Hoefully it is the end for Chuck at least if it is he went out swinging and wasn't dominated, but if he isn't done lets hope his curtain call will be against Tito, which after the TUF and how the rivalary of Rampage/Evans sold from theirs Dana might just give it a go. Other than that he needs to be done.

Cro Cop/Barry

I thought it was gonna be over late in the first with the way Barry put Mirko on the ground twice. But Barry didn't charge him while he was down to try and finish him, instead let him get back up. If it was out of respect it was dumb, your there to fight and win, save that for after the fight!! Once again Rogan was blowing something out of proportion talking about Mirko's side of his face, I don't think it looked as big as Rogan was trying to sell it. Yeah it was a little jacked but if it was a broken orbital bone I don't think Mirko could've finished the fight. Mirko definitely had the last two rounds, he had the fight won if it lasted the last 30 seconds but was crazy to see Mirko get the win by submission. I think Barry will bounce back from this without a problem, the dude has to just work on his ground game and he will be alright. For Mirko lets hope he resigns with the UFC, at least to a 3 fight deal, he looks great in the ring again! I wouldn't mind seeing a Kongo rematch.

Thiago/Kampmann

What a disappointment for us Thiago fans. He was pretty much dominated the whole damn fight. Thiago had a little something going in the 2nd round but still wasn't even enough for him to win the round. Even though I'm not a Kampmann fan I can't knock his performance, he was countering beautifully and as well as his takedowns and takedown defense. Well Thiago is gonna have to work his ass off to get back towards the top of the welterweight division, since he was near the top before this fight, this fight just showed he has some work to do. Kampmann I hope will get a fight with Swick it was supposed to happen last year but Swick was injured.

Yvel/Rothwell

I bet Dana and Co. regrets putting this on the main card. The crowd wasn't even into it at all, except to boo the shit out of Lavigne during the introductions and untill Yvel basically had Rothwell put away in the 2nd. Neither fighter looked impressive at all.

Condit/MacDonald

Was a great fight. MacDonald took it to Condit for those first two rounds and Condit came out and just beat the shit out of Macdonald in the 3rd. When it comes down to it, I don't see the stoppage being bullshit, the ref did what he was supposed to do, in that being protect the fighters, even MacDonald agreed with the stoppage. Like everyone else it took me a 2nd time viewing the fight to agree with stopping it in the last 10 seconds. The kid is gonna have a great future in the UFC. I can't take anything away from Condit either, seems Jackson lit a fire under his ass to come out like that and get the win.

What a shame to see such a legendary career end like this. Man, what an explosive first round that was, I was on the edge of my seat the entire round, both guys looked good on their feet and confident, but man Liddell clearly has lost a step and I knew he wasn't going to come out on the winning end of this fight once he started to take some vicious shots from Franklin towards the end of the round. Then he tied up Franklin and I thought "Nice job Chuck, just tie him up ad wait out the last ten seconds of this round so you can re-group"....but NO! He stepped out and tried to go back in again with strikes when it clearly wasn't working, and he gets KO'ed with mere seconds left in the round. What a bummer, all he had to do was just hold onto Rich for another 5 seconds and he would've been out of the round.

What a vicious knockout though, I mean Liddell just collapsed like a sack of potatoes. As much as I'm disappointed to see what will surely be the last fight in the UFC for Chuck, I'm doubly impressed with Rich Franklin. He's stepped his game up big time lately and he's definitely got a title shot in his future if he plays his cards right.

Didn't watch the rest of the card yet, any other good fights?

Didn't watch the rest of the card yet, any other good fights?

Carlos Condit vs. Rory MacDonald and Mirko "Cro Cop" Filipovic vs. Patrick Barry are definitely the two fights from this show worth checking out.

Condit vs. MacDonald has one of the best comebacks you'll ever see in any fight ever, and Cro Cop vs. Patrick Barry was not only a GREAT fight, but it may also be the last fight of Cro Cop's career, so that alone gives the fight a lot of meaning, since Cro Cop is every bit of a legend as Chuck Liddell is, in my opinion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back