• Middleweight bout: Kendall Grove vs. Mark Munoz

Preliminary Card (Non-televised)

• Light Heavyweight bout: Alexander Gustafsson vs. Phil Davis
  • Lightweight bout: Paul Taylor vs. John Gunderson
  • Welterweight bout: Nick Osipczak vs. Rick Story
  • Welterweight bout: DaMarques Johnson vs. Brad Blackburn
  • Lightweight bout: England Paul Kelly vs. United States Matt Veach
  • Heavyweight bout: Jon Madsen vs. Mostapha Al-turk

______________________________________________________________________________________________

This card is taking place in Abu Dhabi. It will be shown live on PPV at 1:00 p.m. EST, and then again at the usual time at 10:00 p.m. EST. There will be two times this card will be shown, and that means there will probably be two groups of people watching the card. Rather than making two separate LDs, we'll keep it all in here. Obviously, if you plan on watching this card later in the day, avoid results and this thread until 10:00. I'll probably be watching at 1:00, and contingent on whether or not I go out that night, I'll probably watch at 10:00 unless it's a really bad card.

Remember that they'll be showing the prelims if they need time to fill, so don't spoil them!

This card is sort of predictable as far as the three main fights go. I only want Anderson Silva to win so Chael Sonnen can fight him for the title and wrestle the fuck out of him for 5 rounds. On the other hand, I want Frankie Edgar to win, despite the fact that it's highly unlikely to happen. He's a great fighter, and unlike BJ, he's one of the classiest and nicest guys in the sport. He deserves to win, but I think BJ is just so much better. I absolutely think Edgar will be champion someday, but he still needs some more fights under his belt.

Man, I'm fucking glad I didn't order this shit. First BJ gets screwed, and now Maia's fighting like a complete, fucking PUSSY.

Seriously man, MMA needs to desperately take a look at the ridiculous judging system, and the UFC needs to stop putting fights together just to fucking put them together. I knew they should have put off Anderson's fight for another month so they could find him a better opponent, but no.... they settled with Maia, and now they're paying for it. I'm glad I didn't pay to see this, yet I'm pissed off because A) The best in the World and one of my favorite fighters got screwed, and B) Another Anderson Silva fight goes to fucking waste. And God forbid they actually award Maia the decision. I seriously would consider to stop watching MMA all together if that happened.

Anderson Silva won by Unanimous Decision.

Dana White apparently didn't even come into the octagon to give Anderson the belt. So, he's definitely pissed. But, if you ask me, the only person he should be pissed at is himself for putting this fight together. Everyone knew this was going to happen... yet, the UFC was impatient and fed Anderson the only person available. All they had to do was wait one more month, and Chael Sonnen I'm sure would have been glad to fight Silva, but instead another Anderson Silva fight goes to waste because of him being in there with a Jiu-Jitsu puss who's afraid to exchange.

Sherdog is basically saying BJ got screwed. Regardless... h.o.l.y.s.h.i.t.

I thought it was closer (one judge scored it 50-45), but Edgar definitely won it, I felt. He turned in the performance of a lifetime and it paid off.

Fuck Demian Maia and fuck Anderson Silva. Silva and Ed Soares can say all they want that Maia didn't engage, but it's Silva's job to find a way to win. I fucking knew this was going to be Silva/Leites II.

Whatever, cut Maia. It's not like he deserves another chance at a title. If he ever was allowed to fight Silva again, this would take place.

Mirgliotta redeemed himself tonight, by the way. His body language of disgust after he raised Silva's arm was great.

Silva and Ed Soares can say all they want that Maia didn't engage, but it's Silva's job to find a way to win. I fucking knew this was going to be Silva/Leites II.

But Anderson Silva did find a way to win, Guy, just like your boy Jon Fitch does. How is Anderson winning a fight the way he did more disgraceful than the way Fitch wins his fights? Sure Fitch doesn't play around like Anderson does, but Fitch doesn't look to finish fights, either.

But, the main difference is that if you put Anderson in there with someone who will actually fight him, like Forrest Griffin for example (who people should respect now more than ever), you will be in for something worth $50. But, to me, it's not Anderson's fault if someone runs away from a fight. There's no reason to chase after someone who's scared of you, and I don't blame Anderson for his actions today one bit, or in the past against fighters like Leites.

But Anderson Silva did find a way to win, Guy, just like your boy Jon Fitch does. How is Anderson winning a fight the way he did more disgraceful than the way Fitch wins his fights? Sure Fitch doesn't play around like Anderson does, but Fitch doesn't look to finish fights, either.

The way I look at Fitch is that he's no nonsense, and that Fitch finishes fights by working towards a decision. That's his way of finishing. Silva dances around like an asshole, and he let Maia Leites this fight for most of the fight. If he's the best striker there is in MMA, and the best all-around as a whole, then he absolutely could have finished it in the earlier rounds. He decided to give absolutely no effort after the first half of the fight. Furthermore, people pay to see Anderson Silva fight. Nobody pays to see Jon Fitch fight. If Silva's the best, then he should be finishing guys like Maia, instead of giving a half-assed effort like he did tonight.

CHAEL SONNEN... AMERICAN HERO.:hogan:

"I wasn't surprised," Sonnen said. "It is par for the course."

Silva began the fight by taunting his opponent through the opening two rounds. With Maia unable to match the speed and precision striking offered by Silva, the champion was in complete control.

Some considered the actions over the line, but Sonnen actually defended his budding nemesis by professing that Silva often uses a bit of psychological warfare in the cage to bait his opponents into making a mistake.

"I don't find it unsportsmanlike, because I don't know why he's doing it," Sonnen said. "He could well be doing one of those antics to try to get his opponent to engage. But I have a hard time blaming him for that.

"I [saw] those antics against Forrest (Griffin); Forrest got baited into it and got knocked out for his efforts, so I don't blame [Silva] for doing that stuff, and I don't consider it unsportsmanlike because I don't know what's in his heart. Meaning to be a jerk, well, that's unsportsmanlike. When he doesn't mean to be a jerk, it's kind of hard to pin that on him."

Sonnen has yet to see the fight with his own eyes as he was busy in Reno, Nev., coaching 34 kids from his wrestling team at the World of Wrestling Championships. However, he was getting blow-by-blow updates from one of his friends back on Oregon, who filled him in on the details of Silva's odd behavior, his refusal to engage over the final three rounds, and the crowd's voracious boos.

Sonnen, by virtue of his February win over Nate Marquardt, may be next in line for Silva. The Oregonian said he'll check out today's action when he has a chance, but he doesn't anticipate his own plans changing based on what he sees.

"I'll watch the fight, but Silva's been in my crosshairs anyway, whether it's beating him for the belt or to win the belt and go beat him up after that." Sonnen said. "He's getting beaten up in 2010 by Chael Sonnen. That's been the story from the jump.

"There's people out there that need (to be) beaten up – he's one of them. And I have a moral obligation to society to beat him up."

And while Silva refused to touch his opponent's glove from the outset of today's disappointing UFC 112 finale, Sonnen says he couldn't care less. A fight's a fight, and Sonnen plans on backing up every claim he's already made – along with all those yet to come.

"[Silva] is a dirtbag anyway, whether he went out there and shook hands and was gracious or he didn't," Sonnen said. "Who cares? I don't know why sportsmanship needs to be involved, anyways. It's a fight – go do whatever you want.

"So, yes, I will do whatever I want. And when my music hits those speakers, I will make that walk and answer for my words."

I think Maia may have unlocked the way to beat Anderson Silva. Refuse to engage with him for two rounds and let him get frustrated/pissed. He will then gas himself by dancing and showboating and being a general asshole. At round three, Chael can go ahead and start wrestling the fuck out of Silva for three rounds and pick up the win.

I think today showed more than ever that nobody is unbeatable. Everyone has a flaw. In any given fight, the underdog can pull it off.

Dana said he doesn't want GSP/Silva taking place now, by the way.

I think Maia may have unlocked the way to beat Anderson Silva. Refuse to engage with him for two rounds and let him get frustrated/pissed. He will then gas himself by dancing and showboating and being a general asshole. At round three, Chael can go ahead and start wrestling the fuck out of Silva for three rounds and pick up the win.

I think today showed more than ever that nobody is unbeatable. Everyone has a flaw. In any given fight, the underdog can pull it off.

Dana said he doesn't want GSP/Silva taking place now, by the way.

That may be a good idea seeing how both guys don't completely engage. It could be a major borerfest. Sonnen shouldn't be counted out if and when he fights Silva. He is a smart dude and is taking notes as to the best way to beat Anderson./

Edgar definitely won this. I was surprised like everyone else. Awesome gameplan though. He clearly didn't buy into the aura of Penn like Diego did. Stuck with his plan and it paid off. Some could have judged it a little closer, but Frankie still won this.

I honestly don't like Silva. The whole show boating thing doesn't usually bother me, but for some reason his does. It may be because he is so damn good and still does that shit instead of finishing, whereas someone like Rashad does it when they start to worry. Either way, Maia is an idiot as well. I don't know what to say about this fight, the only thing that comes to mind is Thales Leites.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back