• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

U.S. Championship starting to gain more credibility?

"Cool Guy" Jensen

Undertaker for Champ!
When Kofi Kingston won the United States Championship on the June 1st edition of Raw, I knew it was a sign of great things to come! Kofi Kingston hasn't even been the champion for three months, and he's already defended the title a total of five times. Once in a Fatal Four way match, next in a Triple Threat match, then in a Six Pack Challenge, and recently in two one-on-one matches. This is, in my opinion, one of the greatest title reigns in the past two or three years.

Now, from reading the Raw Results, I read something about The Miz going on a mission to win the United States Championship. This is showing someone who's actually making it a motive of his to win the championship. We need WWE creative to make more storylines like this. Title changes have been happening for no reason lately and it needs to stop.

The Miz will make a very legit challenger for Kofi Kingston's United States Championship. They had a pretty good match back in April during the Raw 2009 Draft show, and they could continue to have good matches. However, I'm not sure if Miz winning the title would help much, at this point atleast. He was just banned from Raw, and I think he needs to try to gain more momentum in his return before he challenges for the title.

We haven't ever seen The Miz as a single's champion, and who knows? If booked right, he could make a pretty good one. But, Kofi Kingston is doing great as the champ! He's being booked greatly, and with a few more title defenses and the reign lasting a couple months longer, then I could start calling him one of the greatest United States Champions of all time!!

So, what's your opinion? Do you think the United States Championship is starting to gain more credibility? Is having Kofi Kingston hold the title helping raise the title and himself? Will a fued with The Miz help shape up the title scene? When Kingston and Miz do fued, who would you prefer to see go over at the end? How long would you want the fued to last? Would you like the fued at all?

Thoughts? Anything at all would be appreciated.

I agree if they have a feud with Miz and Kofi then it probably would help, as what Miz has done lately you can tell by what he has done in the past, there is not one match he was in that people didnt know about. He will constently keep talking about it and make sure everyone knows about it.

I'd actully like to see Miz as champion i wonder what will happen!

Finally, after years of fading in to obscurity the U.S title (as well as the Intercontinetal belt) is being taken seriously. It is so important that feuds and high profile matches take place over the U.S title as holding this belt will help elevate the stars of tomorrow, which won't happen if the championship is worth nothing.

As soon as Kofi captured the belt things started changing, he was instantly placed in to a feud with Matt Hardy, William Regal and MVP, who had numerous matches with the strap on the line. He then went on to strike up a rivalry with The Big Show for a couple of weeks, which wasn't featured on Raw and wasn't even about the U.S belt, but it at least kept Kofi relevant and helped build support for the man from Jamaica.

Now it seems like he will be fueding with The Miz over the title, which is just awesome. It was so good to see The Miz go out there, get on the mic and basically say 'I want to be the U.S champion' it just makes the belt seem worth having and a championship which someone who has just come off a series of high-profile matches with the face of the compant, John Cena, would want to own.

Placing the belt of Kingston was such a good decision as he is someone that the crowd can really get behind and cheer for. Overall in the feud though I'd quite like to see Miz win the title, but I think if Kofi were to hold the title for quite a while longer it wouldn't do any harm. The midcard scene on Raw seems to consist of Kofi, Bourne, MVP, Swagger, Carlito and Miz so its split pretty much 50/50 in terms of face's and heal's, so either competitor would still have a wealth of talent to feud with.

Vince seems to have started putting a lot more effort into restoring this title to its former glory. Even if it's just little things such as they have began mentioning on a weekly basis some of the all time legends who have held the strap (although not The Rock)

It's just really good to see proper feud's over what should be the stepping stone into main event status.

It's definitely starting to gain more credibilty. Kofi has been a good champion and I feel this feud that's going to kick off with The Miz will bring even more credibility back to the title. The US Title was once a very coveted title, some of the greatest ever have held it as stated on Raw. However it was never really not so credible, it's always been a coveted title, but however when it was on Smackdown it definitely wasn't as coveted as it once was, but that changing now that it's back on Raw. I think Kofi will be a very good thing for the US Title and The Miz will too. It's a good title to use now to keep on the mid-carders to make them more credible as well. Main Eventers who were not in the title scene used to get a lot, to keep them in a title picture, but I think they should be kept away from it, let the mid-card make it that much more credible themselves and in turn it will make the mid-card look credible again as well.

With the Miz throwing his hat into the ring for the US Title, it brings instant cred to the belt. The Miz is on a hot streak, despite his losses to Cena. Kofi needs someone to feud with and the Miz would fit that bill perfectly. They could have some solid matches, it's just a matter of Kofi actually being angry. The guy's so mellow, it's as if he's...well never mind.

The US Title has some credibility with champs like John Cena, Big Show, Shelton Benjamin, MVP, Lex Luger, Stan Hansen, Nikita Koloff, Magnum TA, Tully Blanchard, and Barry Windham among others. I think if they have some sort of legit rivalry, it'd be good for the belt.

I really don't care much about the credibility of the title, I am just super stoked that Kofi is so over right now. He may not be a superstar, but his pops are getting louder and louder. I guess, yeah the credibility is coming back. A feud with The Miz could be good enough to steal some spotlight from the ME programs. I really like the fighting champion persona Kofi is taking on. I would totally love to see him hold on to it for a couple more months.

The Miz just coming right out and saying that he wants the U.S. title is a very good thing. In all honesty, when was the last time a guy just came out into the ring and just point blank stated that he wants a title that isn't a world title in the WWE? I really can't remember the last time I heard it. The act in and of itself gives the title, Kofi and the Miz some credibility.

Despite the Miz's losing to Cena, it doesn't seem to have hurt him very much at all. He's on a bit of a roll right now and Kofi is pretty over as well. Seems as though his pops get a little bigger each time he comes out.

All in all, I'm pretty happy with this. When Freddie mentioned the U.S. title, I was hoping that something like this was going to come about. I figured a match would be made for SS but not that someone would just come out in a promo and announce that he wanted the U.S. title. See, little things like that can really mean a lot these days, particularly since you don't really see it all that much in the WWE unless its for a world title. While I figured it might be Jack Swagger, the Miz isn't a bad choice really.

That belt hasn't had any credibility since Matt Hardy got injured and couldn't properly finish the MVP feud. Giving the belt to somebody with such an uneven push hasn't done a thing for the credibility of the belt. The Miz going for the belt also isn't going to make the belt seem more important, if anything it'll highlight the gulf between that belt and the WWE Championship.

I'm sorry but are we watching the same programme? I like Kofi Kingston, he has lots of charisma in the ring, and I was happy that he gained the title, but since then he went into a random ppv match with no build up (I'll let this one slide though, as it was only a few days after he won the belt), had a pointless "feud" with Show that was nothing to do with the US title, and lead nowhere when Show got drafted to replace Edge.

A second random PPV match with no build up (granted it was a good match, but it seemed like an after thought, a bolt on, like creative though..."OH crap, what are we gonna do about the US title?"..."just stick some guys in the ring, it'll be fine") and finally a random no frills defence on RAW that was a lead in to the Miz feud, but apparently not a match at SS.

The US title has such great stock with creative that they would rather continue/maybe resolve the very disjointed, seemingly pointless feud between MVP and Swagger. I would have rather they started building A feud between Miz and Kofi a few weeks ago instead of going though this random Sack/Hire stuff with the Miz, and Kofi/Miz could have put on a great match at SS. Let MVP and Swagger settle their differences on Raw.

Kofi and Miz could put on a great programme to give the US title a little credibility, I think it could even be as good as MVP and Hardy, but it hasn’t happened yet and until it does, I think the jury is still out on Kofi's US title run.

Yeah ia gree. kofi has made a great champion over the past 3 mounths or so it actually seems alot longer. I think he has reely brought some credibility back to the title and its about time. I feel he is doing a great job with it and a main event push could be used right around the corner.

Feuding with the Miz, oculd help the title, but only if Kofi does not lose the title. I predict that he will hold it for another 2 mounths and countine what hes doing. I think the prestige is coming back to the title rather quickly actually. i feel that WWE havent dropped the ball on this one.

IMO, since WWE aquired WCW I believe the US title has suprisingly been a more credible belt than the IC title. When is the last time the IC title was defended at a wrestlemania where the match was longer than 21 seconds? Wrestlemania 18... while the US Title has been defended at mania 4 times since its inception, and there has been a best of 7 series and all around more meaningful matches for the US belt. I don't know if it has to do which show the belts are on, or who the champions were, but I feel that it's the IC title that needs more credibility than the US title.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back