• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Tyson Kidd Injured: Out For 6-12 Months

Jack-Hammer

YOU WILL RESPECT MY AUTHORITAH!!!!
According to a report on PWTorch.com, Tyson Kidd has suffered a severely torn Meniscus and is going to be out of action for at least 6 months. Some reports are indicating that it could be as long as a full year.

This isn't a huge loss for WWE at this point, but I enjoy watching Kidd inside the ring. He & Justin Gabriel are a high energy team and I think WWE could've done something with them if truly motivated. So it looks like it's back to the singles ranks for Gabriel unless they pair him up with someone else. I'd rather see him as part of a tag team right now. It just seems like an ideal place for Gabriel at this time in my opinion. Like Kidd, he's someone that's fun to watch inside the ring and I just think he could make a bigger splash in the tag team ranks.

This may be a blessing in disguise for Kidd. maybe the time off will be good for him (Rehabbing sucks but it gives you time to put things in perspective) and give creative a way to reboot his character or even just have something for him. or on the flip side he could end up getting future en-devoured while he is on the shelf...that would suck

They'd have a hard time justifying releasing him when Bourne and Rey are still on the books. I think it will give them a chance to decide what they want to do with him, and more importantly some time in NXT to work on any new character as he recovers.

I always thought he'd be good as a Ed Norton to Wade Barrett's Tyler Durden/Fight Club character... someone who has the skill but hasn't unleashed his true self...

Also by that time it is highly likely Bray Wyatt will be in full effect so as one of his "flock" if they go that way might give Kidd some real interest. To be honest though the best thing they could do is rehire DH Smith and use the Hart Legacy to bolster the tag division, which should be healthier by then if the upwards trajectory continues.

I haven't posted on these forums in some time, but wanted to clarify something real quick. Tyson Kidd has a torn MCL; not meniscus. From personal experience and prior knowledge, I can say if he tore his meniscus, he'd be out for a month, tops.

I agree with Gamma. Kidd's got all the in-ring ability in the world, but he stinks on the mic and has never been given the chance to truly shine in a meaningful feud.

Maybe by the time he comes back, the Cruiserweight Division has been revived and he can actually be useful to the company as something else other then enhancement talent and fluke wins.

That really sucks for him. He's got great skills in the ring and could have been pushed if he had any mic skills.

Maybe while he's rehabbing, he can use this time to work on his mic skills. I like the kid but as he stands now, he's not going to move up regardless of how good his in ring skills are.

Maybe this is a good opportunity for Kidd. Of course the torn meniscus is painful, and real shit to happen, but it provides Kidd with chance to repackage himself over the next half year. His return will be around the end of the summer/beginning of fall. That's a dull time in wresting, but his return could give him a bit of momentum and he can work his way up to the major scene. You know, fighting on Raw- not Superstars.

Good luck, Kidd.

...., but it provides Kidd with chance to repackage himself over the next half year.

That's a kind thought and I'd like to see something like that happen......but Tyson Kidd is a jobber, nothing more. The brief tease they gave us some months ago with him scoring a couple of unexpected victories amounted to nothing, and it would be interesting to know whether Creative was finally doing something with him or whether it was just one of those unexplained events that occur for no good reason; some mini-plan that was aborted as quickly as it was formulated.

Actually, Kidd is a prime example of a jobber: a guy who's there to lose....but to look credible doing it. He's not like the jobbers of the 70's and 80's who were used simply to be squashed by a star, often without getting in a lick of offense. No, management likes it when Tyson displays his technical excellence before being bludgeoned into his usual defeat. Whoop-de-doo.

Sure, it would be great if Creative would see how much this guy can really offer and use his time off to plan something nice for him.

Come to think of it, though, it might even be nice if he can manage to stay on the roster for the duration of his healing and at least go back to being a perennial loser when he returns.......because you can't spell "jobber" without "job".....which is something Tyson Kidd would surely like to have after his knee gets better.

That's a kind thought and I'd like to see something like that happen......but Tyson Kidd is a jobber, nothing more. The brief tease they gave us some months ago with him scoring a couple of unexpected victories amounted to nothing, and it would be interesting to know whether Creative was finally doing something with him or whether it was just one of those unexplained events that occur for no good reason; some mini-plan that was aborted as quickly as it was formulated.

Actually, Kidd is a prime example of a jobber: a guy who's there to lose....but to look credible doing it. He's not like the jobbers of the 70's and 80's who were used simply to be squashed by a star, often without getting in a lick of offense. No, management likes it when Tyson displays his technical excellence before being bludgeoned into his usual defeat. Whoop-de-doo.

Sure, it would be great if Creative would see how much this guy can really offer and use his time off to plan something nice for him.

Come to think of it, though, it might even be nice if he can manage to stay on the roster for the duration of his healing and at least go back to being a perennial loser when he returns.......because you can't spell "jobber" without "job".....which is something Tyson Kidd would surely like to have after his knee gets better.

There is merit in this role, I see him more in the Tito Santana role (pre Matador), or Hacksaw, someone who occasionally will get a big win, be popular enough to get a bit of a push now and then and can be relied on for a top entertaining match.

If he is smart he will ask some guys to help him with his mic stuff while off, he could do worse than approach someone like Heyman or Piper who has a history of working with talent off screen, he can't even begin rehab for a while so why not use the time for some "Promo 101" the worst thing to do is sit and recover. Vince has always looked favorably at guys who use their rehab time to improve their whole skillset...remember Edge before his neck injury and after it? totally different on the mic. He should still show up to RAW next week if he can and get some pointers from Austin or whoever is there, again it can only look good for him.

I think his job will be safe though as other than Nattie he is the last Hart link and I don't see them wanting to burn that bridge with Bret and like I said, it's not like he has ever really screwed up like Bourne has.

It sucks to hear about this, as WWE has made it seem as if they were looking to give Tyson Kidd a year to remember. Like someone mentioned, maybe this will give Kidd time to repackage himself. Hopefully WWE will still try and do something with Justin Gabriel because he's just as talented, but thats a different topic.

IDK what it is that's been holding Tyson Kidd back since his debut. Single's career never took off, they could have done something with the Hart Dynasty but never did, and now this. Although Kidd is small and has below average mic skills, he is still great in the ring and that should be enough to at least keep him in mid card matches each week. Hopefully this injury does not cause him to get released.

I kind of agree with Sally that it is possible he was just getting some random wins and nothing much will really come out of it. Will they decide to repackage him? I don't know, but I think he will end up coming back in the same position he is in now. I like Tyson Kidd and I think he is great in the ring, but WWE needs guys that lose to, and I don't see anything wrong with that role. I can't see Kidd ever being a main eventer, but stranger things have happened. I wish him well in his recovery, and it always sucks to hear about a wrestler going down with injury.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back