• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Two to watch in FCW (WWE Developmental)

mrhexum

Pre-Show Stalwart
I have been keeping up with FCW lately and must say that there are 2 guys there that are impressing me. Seth Rollins (Tyler Black) and Dean Ambrose (Johnny Moxley).

Rollins has been an indie favorite for awhile and I can see why. This guy puts on a hell of a match every time out. He's very solid in the ring and even with his moveset being watered down to fit the "E" style still has a good arsenal of moves at his disposal. I haven't heard much promo work from him, so I can't really judge there. The only other drawback I see is his size. He's cut, but small.

Ambrose is one of the more unique in-ring workers I have ever seen. It's hard to explain. From his offense to the way he sells, just very different and cool to watch. He has above average mic skills for sure, but, like Rollins, isn't very big.

And to give this thread a more clear cut point.....

Have any of you seen these guys work? If so what do you think?
And, if you haven't, I highly recommend checking them out.

Is there a youtube channel where they upload FCW events weekly or what not? I would be very interested in looking up FCW and seeing some of the up and comers. I have heard nothing but good things about Tyler Black but I have never seen him nor Moxley ever wrestle. I watched a few videos of Mahammed Hassan from his time in FCW, however I have never watched a full episode. If you could point me to a youtube channel it would be very appreciated.

I don't believe there is an official channel. There are people who do upload the matches and episodes. I live in Florida so it airs weekly on tv here. I would suggest just searching FCW Wrestling on youtube and seeing what you can find. Wish I could be more helpful and hope you find a way to check it out.

Yeah I have seen both men on youtube and I've been very impressed with both. I knew Rollins from the Indys anyway so I'm not surprised that he's been having great matches as he is very talented in the ring. As for Ambrose, he's another talented wrestler. He can cut a pretty good promo and is good in the ring.

I don't believe there is an official channel. There are people who do upload the matches and episodes. I live in Florida so it airs weekly on tv here. I would suggest just searching FCW Wrestling on youtube and seeing what you can find. Wish I could be more helpful and hope you find a way to check it out.

Na thats kwl, Ill search it on Youtube and finds a channel that posts vids. What day does it air each week so I can search FCW and the date?

There's some guys that are already elevated from FWC/OVW that need pushing too. What ever happened with Tyler Reks? That guy has a Goldberg-esque kind of badass written all over him.

ive seen Tyler Black before hes pretty good and i heard hes supposed to be on the next season of NXT not that its gonna help his career any to be on there in fact it might hurt it :disappointed: but i never saw the other guy the original poster mentioned i think Richie Steamboat has alot of talent though i saw quite a bit of his FCW matches they were pretty good i hope both get to the main roster very soon

I live in Florida as well but I don't watch FCW very often I think I have watched like...... 2 episodes and to tell the truth I wasn't impressed with anybody! The matches were boring and the show had an Indy wrestling feel to it. Also every time I heard the name BOBBY FREAKING DUTCH:banghead: I lashed out in annoyance. The name just sounded so generic even more than mark haskins. I never saw Tyler black wrestle so no comments on him.

Actually I did see one person that was impressive and his name is Peter orlov!

I have been keeping up with FCW lately and must say that there are 2 guys there that are impressing me. Seth Rollins (Tyler Black) and Dean Ambrose (Jon Moxley).

Seriously, you had to create a thread telling people that the two people on the entire FCW roster that get the most praise, are most widely known and roundly overrated because of that? For fuck's sake.

Rollins has been an indie favorite for awhile and I can see why. This guy puts on a hell of a match every time out.

No fucking shit he does, he's given 15 minutes (including adverts) and decent - good opponents for every singles match he's had since January. He'd have to be fucking shit NOT to put on good matches regularly. Especially when he's surrounded by greenhorns making him look better by comparason.

He's very solid in the ring and even with his moveset being watered down to fit the "E" style still has a good arsenal of moves at his disposal.

Irrelevent to what makes a wrestler good.

I haven't heard much promo work from him, so I can't really judge there. The only other drawback I see is his size. He's cut, but small.

His size doesn't matter (smarks need to stop focusing on the whole "Vince is hard for hosses" schtick) and he can't talk for shit. He's better than some in FCW, but the roster includes Ted's less charismatic brother (well it did until he packed it in to become a ref) so that isn't saying much.

Ambrose is one of the more unique in-ring workers I have ever seen. It's hard to explain. From his offense to the way he sells, just very different and cool to watch.

Bad is how I'd describe his solo matches thus far, and it's not like he's working with shitty guys. The matches have been short, sure. But other guys on the roster have better matches in a similar space of time. So I'm not buying that excuse

He has above average mic skills for sure, but, like Rollins, isn't very big.

The same could be said of Leo Kruger, who I rank higher than both on the mic and in the ring. But hey, let's not bring attention to overlooked guys.

Have any of you seen these guys work?

Yes.

If so what do you think?

Rollins: Good in the ring, keep away from microphones. Ambrose: Good on the mic, keep away from the ring.

I live in Florida as well but I don't watch FCW very often I think I have watched like...... 2 episodes and to tell the truth I wasn't impressed with anybody!

Then why are you fucking commenting then?

The matches were boring and the show had an Indy wrestling feel to it. Also every time I heard the name BOBBY FREAKING DUTCH:banghead: I lashed out in annoyance.

Bobby's been fired, and you know the tallent pick their own names, right? Jesus, why do ignorant people feel the need to make their voices heard on subjects they admit to bieng ignorant about?

The name just sounded so generic even more than mark haskins. I never saw Tyler black wrestle so no comments on him.

I'm sorry to keep grinding on this but WHY FUCKING COMMENT THEN!?

I'd say Seth Rollins he is so crisp and I don't care what you Indy Haters say. He is crisp in ring, He is decent on the mic, needs some work but has room to learn. He is a young athlete and has all the tools to make it bi.

Rhichie Steamboat. He is so good in ring and getting better every show, His feud with Rollins was awesome! Reminded me of a good ROH or Japan match in FCW. And he has the family blood line and throws an arm drag just like daddy.

I find it odd that the two to watch, are the two who people know the most about :lol:

Of course people are going to watch them, they're probably the two most watched talents in Florida since its inception as a development territory. Tyler Black is the prodigy of Ring of Honor and Pro Wrestling Guerrila, Jon Moxley is one of the few talents to sign with WWE, coming from CZW. Both were noticeable names to most wrestling fans before they ever signed with the company.

Black's size isn't a disadvantage. Look at the current Champions of the WWE. Is Cody Rhodes a big guy? Is Alberto Del Rio a big guy? Is Michael McGillicutty a big guy? Is Dolph Ziggler a big guy? No, they're all average or above average, Vince McMahon doesn't immediately render all those not jacked up to their ear lobes useless. CM Punk is probably smaller than Tyler Black in-terms of muscle defintion, and whose that guy that WWE are making one of the biggest names of this generation? CM Punk.

Tyler Black will probably make something of himself on the main roster. He's reported, as someone said on this thread to be the first name wanted on the next series of NXT, but really he should be brought up in a different manner. He's in the same boat as DBD, big independant name but most will notice that Tyler has a better look than Danielson. Moxley is a very good talent, but he has a hardcore style. He was a surprise signing by WWE but I wouldn't write him off by any means. He is a unique worker, probably too unique, but if he was to bring what he showed in Dragon Gate to the WWE he'll be fine. From both an in-ring and microphone perspective.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back