Two Survivor Series Elimination Matches?

Prince Vee

Better than I think I am
This isn't a Fantasy Booking thread mind you. But perhaps it is a small prediction from my verdict based upon the current scenario in the WWE. You see, WWE hasn't booked any formidable challenges for the title yet albeit heading to the Survivor Series PPV. There are no real challenges or threats for Kevin Owen's IC Title Or Alberto's US title. Probably they're building up Lucha Dragons for the Tag Title.

So in this scenario many superstars will be left hanging from the card which certainly won't help the cause for the WWE rating downfall. So I reckon there might be Two Survivor Series matches heading to the PPV. If they can bring enough star Power to both these matches, then the PPV can be a formidable one.

WWE certainly won't be able to build up new feuds in the next two weeks. So they dust off some old feuds to build up the second Survivor Series match.

The first one should be The Wyatt Family against The Brothers of Destruction considering whomsoever might join the team of Undertaker and Kane. Mind you this post isn't a fantasy thread so I don't want to banter the possible team members for the BOD.

The second Survivor match should be amongst the midcards. Cesaro has been getting stalked by StarDust and Ascension for the last month or so. And similarly last week Jack Swagger teased a feud with Alberto. Two weeks can't be enough to produce a satiable storyline for these feud. So perhaps, add enough add power and build up their feuds from the Survivor Series. I don't recommend Tyler Breeze-Dolph Ziggler in this because I don't want Breeze's first match to be in a Tag elimination.

This can draw some real rating as well as will lead a way for many new feuds heading the Road to Wrestlemania.

What your thoughts on this? Blast off your verdicts. Let the debate begins!!

Isn't it usually at least Two Survivor Series Elimination Matches? Wyatts vs. Brothers of Destruction is the selling point, alongside of course Seth Rollins vs. Roman Reigns and that alone should take an hour from the event.

I agree that Del Rio vs. Swagger needs some air to breath, but I just can't see WWE not making Del Rio defend the championship on PPV. And if that's the case, I don't want to see a crappy match thrown together just for the sake of using their talents. If it's for the pre-show, then fine, it's all set - Cesaro, Lucha Dragons, Dudleyz vs. Stardust, Ascension and Sheamus/Barrett.

Nobody cares about it, it can be a good match and who knows, right? But nobody gives a damn really. They have two weeks to create an even bigger one and I just can't see it happening. The card is pretty much all set up.

Roman Reigns vs. Seth Rollins (c) - WWE Championship
Team Undertaker vs. Team Wyatt - SS Elimination Match
Charlotte (c) vs. Paige - WWE Divas Championship
New Day (c) vs. The Usos - WWE Tag Team Championship
Kevin Owens (c) vs. Dean Ambrose - WWE Intercontinental Championship
Alberto Del Rio (c) vs. Jack Swagger - WWE US Championship
Ziggler vs. Tyler Breeze - Singles Match

I think the card is stacked the way it is. Even though, I could indeed find a way around for a Team Del Rio vs. Team America or whatever with the names I provided earlier, but it would be difficult to stick it to the crowd I guess.

1 - Undertaker/Kane/Sting/Ryback vs. Wyatt Family - Survivor Series Elimination Tag Team Match

Team Wyatt gets the win because Sting turns on Undertaker, leading to their match at WM32.

2 - Seth Rollins vs. Roman Reigns - WWE Championship

Rollins gets himself disqualified, leading to a Steel Cage rematch at Royal Rumble.

3 - Alberto Del Rio vs. Jack Swagger - US Championship

They had a confrontation on Raw, and Swagger has history with both Colter and Del Rio.

4 - Kevin Owens vs. Dean Ambrose - IC Championship

No explanation needed. Owens retains.

5 - New Day & vs. Dudleyz & Usos - Survivor Series Elimination Tag Team Match

New Day cheats to win but all three members go through a table afterwards.

6 - The Miz, Stardust, Ascension, & Tyler Breeze vs. Cesaro, Dolph Ziggler, Lucha Dragons, Neville - Survivor Series Elimination Tag Team Match

The faces get a much-needed win.

7 - Charlotte vs. Paige - Diva's Championship

Paige gets the win because she is very entertaining and I'm not enjoying Charlotte's title run at all.

8 - Sasha Banks vs. Becky Lynch vs. Charlotte vs. Nikki Bella - Future Diva's Championship Match

Why not have two diva's matches? You can't have only two divas wrestling on each PPV.

I would prefer only one survivor series elimination match..... Two may be too much of tag wrestling..... And it also decreases the credibility of such matches...

Isn't it usually at least Two Survivor Series Elimination Matches? Wyatts vs. Brothers of Destruction is the selling point, alongside of course Seth Rollins vs. Roman Reigns and that alone should take an hour from the event.

I agree that Del Rio vs. Swagger needs some air to breath, but I just can't see WWE not making Del Rio defend the championship on PPV. And if that's the case, I don't want to see a crappy match thrown together just for the sake of using their talents. If it's for the pre-show, then fine, it's all set - Cesaro, Lucha Dragons, Dudleyz vs. Stardust, Ascension and Sheamus/Barrett.

Nobody cares about it, it can be a good match and who knows, right? But nobody gives a damn really. They have two weeks to create an even bigger one and I just can't see it happening. The card is pretty much all set up.

Roman Reigns vs. Seth Rollins (c) - WWE Championship
Team Undertaker vs. Team Wyatt - SS Elimination Match
Charlotte (c) vs. Paige - WWE Divas Championship
New Day (c) vs. The Usos - WWE Tag Team Championship
Kevin Owens (c) vs. Dean Ambrose - WWE Intercontinental Championship
Alberto Del Rio (c) vs. Jack Swagger - WWE US Championship
Ziggler vs. Tyler Breeze - Singles Match

I think the card is stacked the way it is. Even though, I could indeed find a way around for a Team Del Rio vs. Team America or whatever with the names I provided earlier, but it would be difficult to stick it to the crowd I guess.

This card is "Stacked" to you?

First off, we don't even know at least half the Undertaker/Kane team.

Owens has not even had a single interaction with Ambrose that would suggest they are facing one another.

As long as Charlotte is in a Divas match that match is bound to be horrible.

USOs vs New Day is a snooze fest. As is Del Rio vs. Swagger.

And Ziggler vs Breeze is already as annoying as it gets.

But, I guess this is what happens when you get a PPV without Lesnar, Cena, Orton, Nikki Bella, Daniel Bryan, Rusev... a whole lot of garbage.

This is where I'll probably disagree with the entire website.

I miss the days when Survivor Series was ONLY elimination tag matches. The teams would make names and pick a captain. It was interesting to me as a little kid because it would take several pins to decide a match as opposed to one pin and the match is over, and I had a whole PPV of those kinds of matches to watch.

I think at a certain point they made it so that the sole survivor of their match would move on to a title match or some kind of elimination tag made up only of survivors.

Randy Orton had an angle going where he was the sole survivor (I think) three years in a row.

The matches weren't meant to further storylines or decide titles, it was just a fun yearly exposition of elimination tag match mayhem.

I'm an old geezer, get off my lawn.

The title of this thread should be “ONLY Two Survivor Series Elimination matches!?”

The Survivor Series should be a card with only Traditional Survivor Series Elimination Tag Team matches, however, I can see why they are not and haven’t been for a very long time now. It’s not really hard to come up with teams for this concept in this day and age. You take a Main Eventer as the Captain and create the Team name based on the Captain, add an upper mid-carder and a lower mid-carder, and round it off with a Tag Team. The final ingredient would be to take the 5 rivals they are feuding with and place them on the other side of the ring.

The Future – Seth Rollins, Kevin Owens, Alberto Del Rio, and the New Day (Kofi Kingston and Big E) (with Zeb Colter and Xavier Woods)
vs.
Roman’s Empire – Roman Reigns, Ryback, Jack Swagger, and the Usos (Jimmy and Jey)

Or you can break up the Champions, and make them each Captains of their own respective 4-man teams.

The Future – Seth Rollins and 3 other SuperStars
vs.
Roman’s Empire – Roman Reigns and 3 other SuperStars

The Prizefighters – Kevin Owens and 3 other SuperStars
vs.
The Big Guys – Ryback and 3 other SuperStars

MexAmerica – Alberto Del Rio and 3 other SuperStars
vs.
The Real Americans – Jack Swagger and 3 other SuperStars

They could even go back to having an 8 Team / 16 Man Elimination Tag Team match where if one member of a Tag Team is eliminated, their respective Tag Team partner is eliminated as well.

For Example (please excuse me as I ignore the face / heel dynamic for a second):

The Power – the New Day (Kofi Kingston and Big E), the Prime Time Players (Titus O’Neil and Darren Young), the Lucha Dragons (Sin Cara and Kalisto), and the Ascension (Konner and Viktor)
vs.
The Families – the Usos (Jimmy and Jey), the Dudley Boyz (Bubba Ray and D-Von), Los Matadores (Diego and Fernando), and the Wyatts (Luke Harper and Erick Rowan)

Point is, the original Survivor Series concept is easy to set up in today’s WWE.

We'll probably just get a Divas Survivor Series match, probably 3 on 3 (Team BAD vs. Natayla, Becky, and a random face diva) and a fatal four way tag match - New Day vs. Lucha Dragons vs. Usos vs. PTP.

So, if i understand this right, we aren't even getting an elimination match with Wyatt's. It's Undertaker and Kane vs. 2 Wyatt family members of Bray's choosing.

I mean, good lord, how does WWE mess this up? Is it really that hard to go 4-on-4 Survivor Series elimination match and give Undertaker and Kane 2 teammates. 1 surprise on RAW and another the night of the PPV?

You want to talk about lazy writing/booking and a creative team that has no clue how to provide quality TV or suspense anymore, this is it. This is beyond pathetic. No way in hell am i paying $9.99 for this crap PPV they are sloppily throwing together that will lack talent and storylines.

Mind blowing, really. WWE should be embarrassed.

There should be at least 4 in my opinion. They're really blowing the elimination match they seemed to be building up, turning it into a simple tag match between Taker & Kane and 2 members of the Wyatts.

These are the elimination matches I'd book.

Undertaker, Kane, Sting & Ambrose (Orton would be my first choice if he were available)
vs.
Wyatt, Harper, Strowman & Rowan

Ziggler, Cesaro, Ryback & Neville
vs.
Breeze, Stardust, Sheamus & Barrett

Team B.A.D.: Sasha, Naomi & Tamina
vs.
Team Bella: Nikki, Brie & Alicia

Tag Team Elimination Match:

New Day vs. Dudley Boyz vs. The Usos vs. Lucha Dragons vs. Prime Time Players vs. The Ascension

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back