Turn your Fav. Jobber into IC/US Champ...

RatedRFan

Dark Match Winner
We've all thought of who we could bring up to the Main Event status, but here is a new idea. Turn you favorite Jobber into the next believeable/dominant Intercontinental/US champ.

Lots of minds come to name, Here is a few... Santino, Funaki, Jamie Noble, Who deserves it most, and How would you turn there character?

I was thinking about this era, and im sure i missed some more likley/deserving jobbers from the 90's/80's and earlier.
Im not talking about the joke of that santino meter, im talking a real title run, with great fueds/title defenses
Who needs a Push, Your the head of Creative, Suprise us...

If I had to pick a jobber to put either of these belts on it'd be Paul Burchill. I'd have him take some form of a head injury and get a screw knocked loose from it, much like Goldust's electrocution caused the stuttering. However I'd go a different direction and instead of giving him a disability, I'd put him back into the pirate gimmick. I know one could argue that gimmick had little longevity but the crowd ate it up and Burchill actually showed some charisma in it. If they are to get serious on this family oriented World Wrestling Entertainment, why not have an entertaining gimmick character? Not like it'd be ruining his momentum, he's a jobber, he's got no momentum on his side to begin with. And obviously they don't plan to build him up any time soon so there's no credibility to be damaged either. At least he would have some fan support for a change.

Jamie Noble is my favorite jobber. I was always a fan of the Cruiserweight Division, and he stuck out for not wrestling like a typical cruiserweight. He was "ground and pound" while everyone else was flying around the ring like a monkey with too many Red Bulls.

Any jobber's job, is to put people over, and make it believable. the best way to put someone over, is to drop the belt to them. If he had a mid-card belt, he could continue his job of training some newer talent, while still working some decent feuds and matches.

From being in the ring with the guys, he'd have the best aspect to tell who deserves a push, and who needs some extra time to develop. After he has someone picked out, they work out an angle, and let him drop the belt in a PPV opening match. If not that, then the night after a PPV.

He's not a PPV talent, I get that. But, if you want us to believe the belt is, it needs to be defended there. The same goes for the person carrying it. If they're meant to be future main-eventers, they need to be on PPV.

jamie noble and jimmy wang yang. the first one because he is a great worker, good in the ring, can put anybody over and deserves a short run, second one because his in ring skills are amazing, he is great to watch and entertaining. sadly, he is underrated because of his crappy gimmick. i liked him better back in wcw as part of the young dragons. back when there was cruiserweight action, i also wanted to see him as the cruiserweight champ, but that didn't happen. he had some great matches with chavo 1 or 2 years ago.

I don't think that the term "jobber" as it was in the early 80s/90s applies anymore. In my mind a jobber is a Barry Horowitz type with no character development sent out to get his butt whipped consistently day in and day out. The rosters now, due to the 3 brand split, allow for a new breed of jobber that actually has a character and mic time.

The Brian Kendrick hes been jobbing recently to carlito and primo
i think he would be a very entertaining US Champ on Smackdown

jamie nobel is prob the best wrestler in wwe rite now that is not being used rite. i would put the i.c. tittle on him. i would have him keep jobing under a minute untill he pulls the ultimate upset nd beats the i.c. tittle nd give him a long reign

back in the days i would have put the i.c. tittle on brocklyn brawler. he pulled a major upset back in 2000 when he beat the game he should of challenge the i.c. champion the next week nd pull another upset

A Jobber... Into a believable champion?

Tommy Dreamer.

Well...he is a jobber.

A more serious answer however...How about JTG?

Since the WWE for whatever damned reason, won't give the tag titles to Cryme Tyme, and the apparant dissapointment with Shad's wrestling ability...Have JTG go single's, Shad be his bodyguard/enforcer.

The best jobber IMO was Barry Horowitz, and he definately deserved to hold the IC title back in the mid 90s. Why? Barry was very technically sound in the ring and when he would get demolished in the ring, he did it in style, as he made his opponet look that much better. He was working for the WWF since the 80s and he was one of a few jobbers that would get in some offence before doing the job. Perhaps his most memorable moment was beating Chris Candido, to which got a pretty decent pop for a jobber. Also, when he finally got a semi-push after beating him, I was hoping that he would get pushed to the title, but that never happened.

Id go for Jimmy Wang Yang too,whose in danger of being a Fu Naki clone since Shannon left.Having a USA title would really bring out his oriental redneck gimmick & he,d at least give it the pride & respect it should have.Maybe form a mini stable with like Duggan (obvious I know but) while feuding with UNamericans like Vlad. & Khali.It sounds kinda dated I know but god it,d be fun.
For IC,I dunno if he counts as obvious jobber but how about Charlie Haas (Where,s he been) who,d come out impersonating his opponent & -surprise- beat them with their own finisher.
Just a thought.

Hmm, interesting comments.
As far as in ring ability goes id agree with Jamie Noble but not sure about ic or usa titles as i think Punk and Benjamin are giving them good credability.
Why not use the ECW title instead, after all it is only a mid card title..

ic title...
The person that could use it the most would be Cody Rhodes...
Alternitively, sim snuka could Take the title! Then feud with Rhodes!
As Far as the U.S title goes...
Gregory Helms! or Umaga!
but I can only see umaga taking both titles (us and world)

but then again...
It seems as if Anyone an win any title now!
So if thats the case then.
Miz wins the US and Morrison wins the IC.

I love the Barry Horowitz reference. HOROWITZ WINS, HOROWITZ WINS, HOROWITZ WINS!!!!!!, oh good ol JR. Of the current list of jobbers, the guy who deserves a title run has to be out of the blue. Someone who is so far off the radar you would never see it coming. This jabroni would be...drum roll please....

Kurt Hawkins/Zack Ryder...people will be like "what the fuck??!!" They could pull the old switcheroo

I have three people in mind, with three working storylines for why they could pull-off being Intercontinental/United States Champion.

Paul Burchill: Give him the United States Championship, have him plaster a sticker (ala Lance Storm/W.C.W.) over it and rename it the "United Kingdom" Championship. He could even form a faction around him, of other British wrestlers, to help him keep the Championship.

His arch-rival should either be someone with an American pride type of background, like a Hacksaw Jim Duggan (only NOT him) or someone who's a good enough face to be a great United States Champion upon taking the strap off Burchill.

THE Brian Kendrick: Shawn Michaels worked as a Champion with Kevin Nash as his bodyguard. I fail to see why it wouldn't work just the same with Kendrick w/ Jackson.

He could run any type of storyline feud, with every match always ending with Jackson being the result of him retaining. Kinda like now, only with a title being on the line.

Jamie Noble: He could face a heel Intercontinental Champion, and "accidentally" win the match. Some fluke type of event could happen, like the heel undoing the turnbuckle pad, then accidentally knocking himself out by running into it later, only for Noble to fall on top and become Champion.

This could turn into an "accidental" run, with Noble continuing to retain the title, after taking a beating every time, only to fluke fall into a victory. This could be because of outside interference, fan distraction, referee mistake, or any little anything that gives Noble the victory without him earning it, so much as being in the right place and the right time.

I would have to say Jamie Noble as Intercontinental Champion would be cool he is a great worker and can wrestle his ass off every night .

It would be cool to see The Brian Kendrick as United States Champion as well he's a good worker with good gimmick going right now .

I agree with Kendrick as US champ how about RTruth? Jamie Noble is a good choice b/c he is a good worker. I also like the Paul Burchill idea, he should get an ECW title shot. I really prefer the IC champ to be more upper mid card, low main event wrestlers but low mid card is where it is now, so how about Sim Snuka? No one has mentioned him yet. Give him a legitmate reign as IC champ and see if he is as good as I think he could be or worthless like most people seem to think. Give him a chance to see if he is better or worse than his father. Ive said it before, his age shouldnt matter. If it did Batista shouldnt be around b/c he is old and besides being big, he doesnt have much in the way of mic/ring skills or charisma. So my vote TBK or R-Truth for US and Sim for IC.

Well Val Venis has already had an IC Title run, so that idea's out of the window.

Charlie Haas would be the guy I'd give it to, ever since he was in that tag team with Rico I've been a fan. The guy can work and can entertain (which actually is working) although he has yet to prove he can entertain without pretending to be someone else or having a hilarious tag team partner in Rico. Shelton Benjamin need not apply.

So yeah, if it came to it where people actually cheered for Charlie Haas I'd give him a run with the IC belt.

The Brian Kendrick hes been jobbing recently to carlito and primo
i think he would be a very entertaining US Champ on Smackdown

He scored a pin in a 6-man tag match just a few weeks ago involving the Colons.

Anyways, whoever said JTG, I agree. Cryme Tyme is jobbing to all of the other tag teams, so WHEN they get split up, I'd like to give him a belt.

Zach Ryder & Curt Hawkins should be pushed as a tag team then split up to pursue gold individually. It's ******ed how they've been used since winning the tag belts months ago.

but #1 would have to be Kane. Man, I love Kane, and he loses almost every freaking time, how doesn't he qualify?

Whoever said Kane, i agree.

Give him a title. It sounds as if they may go in a direction of CM Punk v Kane for the IC title and Kelly Kelly's love though so Kane might get a chance.

The other person i'd love to see is Kung Fu Naki and Jamie Noble winning the tag titles for a few months, it would be classic and the promos could be really funny.

Tommy Dreamer. They won't even give him the ECW World Title. He deserves something, he deserves to be treated better than he does. If he does leave WWE in June at least give him an IC title reign, although he probably prefer not to win it.

what's all this? Tommy Dweama? Tommy Who??

Sorry, I had to,

If you had to be with a place to work with for many years and get treated like crap how would you feel? They brought back ECW and I am sure he was happy, only to see them make a mockery of it. Show the man a little R-E-S-P-E-C-T.

I would choose Goldust, even though he hasnt been used as a jobber much, he hasnt been used much at all. I am a big supporter of this guy, and i would love to see him with another decent run

Noble: It's been said a couple of times now and I'll say it again. Noble is a very talented worker and could help put over alot of young talent so he'd be good at making new stars. But the IC title needs someone better than Noble right now and thats CM Punk. But if it has to be a jobber than I pick Noble.

Burchill: Another good choice for Intercontinental champion. I've always found him talented but he never quite gets the push he deserves. I guess a feud with Boogeyman is on the horizon for Burchill instead.

Hawkins/Ryder: An improved moveset and a new personality along with a split from the other either one would work and one of these guys could do pretty good. They have a unique look like Edge but need to have a more diverse moveset instead of just doing everything he does.

Thats about all. If I come up with more I'll add on later.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back