• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

TUF 11 Finale Prediction Contest!

Turd Ferguson

DA-DA Da Da Da Bah Da Da DADADA
This is the prediction contest for the TUF 11 Finale! DO NOT post your picks in this thread. PM your picks to me whenever you are ready. I will be taking picks up until the fights start, which should be around 6:00 p.m. EST. Any picks submitted after that point will not count.

When you make your picks, you have to pick whoever you think will win, the amount of confidence points you assign to each fighter, the method of victory (strikes, sub hold or decision), and the round (or decision). Regular fights are 3 rounds. Championship fights are 5 rounds. There are NO title fights on this card.

Here are two examples of correct predictions:

Antonio Rogerio Nogueira vs. Luiz Cane
Winner: Nogueira (4)
Method of Victory: Strikes
Round: 1

A correct prediction here would net 6 points.

Quinton "Rampage" Jackson vs. Keith Jardine
Winner: Rampage (6)
Method of Victory: Decision

A correct prediction here would net 8 points. If you predict a decision, that is how you should go about predicting it.

If you have any questions as to how the confidence points work, it's a simple system that you can find more information about here:
http://forums.wrestlezone.com/showpost.php?p=2105693&postcount=5

or

http://forums.wrestlezone.com/showpost.php?p=2105696&postcount=6

Chances are, your question will be answered in one of those two posts.

I'll be sending my predictions to JMT225 so there is no suspicion of cheating.

Marquis will be defending his title against Baller. How the title system works is that whoever scores the highest amount of points for each card gets the title shot for the next card. If Baller loses, but he still scores the most points out of everyone, then he gets another shot for our next card, which will be UFC 116.

Here are the fights we will be predicting. There are SEVEN total fights, so assign your confidence points accordingly. Use the provided link to help you pick fights.

http://www.sherdog.com/events/UFC-The-Ultimate-Fighter-11-Finale-12897

Court McGee vs. Kris McCray
Winner:
Method of Victory:
Round:

Keith Jardine vs. Matt Hamill
Winner:
Method of Victory:
Round:

Aaron Simpson vs. Chris Leben
Winner:
Method of Victory:
Round:

Spencer Fisher vs. Dennis Siver
Winner:
Method of Victory:
Round:

Kyle Noke vs. Josh Bryant
Winner:
Method of Victory:
Round:

Jamie Yager vs. Rich Attonito
Winner:
Method of Victory:
Round:

Brad Tavares vs. Seth Baczynski
Winner:
Method of Victory:
Round:

Okay...

We had a good turnout for this card. I figured there wouldn't be as many as the last couple of times because of the lesser known fighters, but 11 isn't too shabby at all. Everyone for the most part did really well.

73cxom.jpg

There's an iffy situation with the title picture here. Marquis didn't turn picks in. He's the champion. I think something happened where he either didn't know we were doing a pick'em for this card (he hasn't been on all week on MSN and he rarely checks in on this forum as it is), or he's on vacation. Either way, it wouldn't be fair if I took the Championship away from him if something came up. After thinking it over, for the Fedor Strikeforce card, I said we were going to do it for fun. It still will be... but Rizza and Baller will go head to head for the #1 Contendership for the title for the UFC 116 card.

I don't follow Strikeforce. I mean I earned a number 1 title shot last time from UFC 115, so I don't think it is fair if I have to get another title shot when technically I won. Yes Marquis can keep the belt if we know a reason why he isn't here, but I should face him at UFC 116.

Dude, let's call a spade a spade here... you got 8 points. If Marquis had been around, he probably would have gotten more than that, leaving you out of the title picture entirely. This card was supposed to go like any other card. It wouldn't be fair for Rizza to not get rewarded for a very good performance.

I think this is a very reasonable solution to the issue here. As far as "not following Strikeforce" goes... just do a few minutes of research and judge who you think would win each fight. It would be one thing if there weren't any big names fighting here. Fedor and Cyborg are two of the best and most well-known fighters in all of MMA. Cung Le is very well-known as well.

Dude, let's call a spade a spade here... you got 8 points. If Marquis had been around, he probably would have gotten more than that, leaving you out of the title picture entirely. This card was supposed to go like any other card. It wouldn't be fair for Rizza to not get rewarded for a very good performance.

I think this is a very reasonable solution to the issue here. As far as "not following Strikeforce" goes... just do a few minutes of research and judge who you think would win each fight. It would be one thing if there weren't any big names fighting here. Fedor and Cyborg are two of the best and most well-known fighters in all of MMA. Cung Le is very well-known as well.

I know that you are running this thing Guy but I agree with Baller.

If you are going to "Call a spade a spade", then why not say that Marquis didn't show up? All of us were interested and around enough that we knew that there was going to be a prediction contest for The Ultimate Finale. In the interest of fairness, I think Marquis should lose the Championship and it should rightfully go to Baller.

I think that Marquis is your friend and that will make it infinitely harder to do this but rules are rules and if you don't show up, how can you be expected to keep the Championship?

I'll consult with Jeffue and see what he thinks the best course of action here is.

I also want to get Marquis' side of the story, just because if he really was on vacation, or if there was a family emergency, or anything of that nature, it wouldn't be fair for him to lose the title.

I don't think Rizza should be affected because Marquise didn't do one. It isn't fair. If anything I think it should go like this. Brock Lesnar got hurt so they instituted an interim champion. Why don't Rizza and Baller go against each other for the interim title and then unify the belts with Marquis at the next event? That's just my two cents.

I don't think Rizza should be affected because Marquise didn't do one. It isn't fair. If anything I think it should go like this. Brock Lesnar got hurt so they instituted an interim champion. Why don't Rizza and Baller go against each other for the interim title and then unify the belts with Marquis at the next event? That's just my two cents.

My original idea was to just do a Triple Threat for UFC 116 between Marquis, Baller, and the winner of this card. I just wanted the Strikeforce card to not be a complete waste to do... and I figured this was a reasonable solution. Either way, Rizza deserves to be rewarded for an outstanding performance on this card, and I'll make sure it happens.

I'm good with anything. The Strikeforce card, a triple threat for 116, and interim title shot, anything, for real. I'm looking forward to it. The Strikeforce card only has like 4 fights announced though, and it less then a week away I believe. Is that enough fights? If you think so, then I'm down for it.

GuyCompton said:
Either way, Rizza deserves to be rewarded for an outstanding performance on this card, and I'll make sure it happens.

I appreciate it.

I just checked Marquis' Sherdog, and the guy was last on just 20 minutes ago, lol. I'm sure he's had internet access all week.

That said, I know he doesn't check Wrestlezone regularly, and he probably just didn't realize we were doing a Pick 'Em for this event. In fact, I'm 100% sure about that.

So, my solution is that we strip Marquis of the Title, and have a triple threat for the "vacant" title for the Strikeforce event, IF Marquis wants to keep taking part in this that is. I'll get a hold of him on his Sherdog sometime in the next couple of days. And if that is the case, then Baller vs. Rizza will be the next championship bout; if not, then Marquis vs. Baller vs. Rizza should then be put together.

That's my suggestion. I'll talk it over with Guy and see what he thinks. We'll also come up with a regular solution so if something like this were to happen again, we'll be prepared.

In the mean time, fuck Josh Bryant. He cost me this thing. :suspic:

I've come to a resolution. Marquis' reasoning for not showing up was good enough for me, so it will be a triple threat for the Strikeforce card between Marquis, Baller, and Rizza.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back