• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Triple Cage Match

jtolliver23

Occasional Pre-Show
Hey everybody, so this is my first thread that I've ever posted, if this is in the wrong section I apologize and feel free to move it. Now, with that said, on to the actual topic that I was wanting to discuss.

I was watching the Best of Monday Nitro DVD and they had the War Games 2000 match on there. This got me thinking, I think the Triple Cage Match could have actually worked as a good concept if they would have used the proper people. It was first used when DDP faced Jeff Jarrett...and um...David Arquette (I try really really hard to forget he was in it, but since he was a deciding factor in the match it's hard to). I think if it would have just been DDP and Double J, then the match would have been pretty good. Even War Games 2000 could have been good if not for Vince Russo being a participant. But, I'm straying from my main question to everybody, which is, do you think this type of match could work today in either of the main wrestling brands, ie: WWE or TNA. Obviously TNA would need a way bigger venue to have this type of match, but that's not what I'm asking, I'm asking talent wise, do you think that either company could put on an entertaining triple cage match?

I think that the answer is yes. But first I feel the need to tweak one thing, the championship was hung above the cage. Since lately so many cage matches like Hell in Cell or Lethal Lockdown ends up spilling to the outside of the cage, I don't think that the belt should be hung above the cage, but hung at the top of the third cage so that the participants have to stay inside the cage rather than being able to make their way outside then just scale the cage to the top.

Now as far as could it work with the talent on the rosters today, I think it could. I think in WWE if you were to put in any combination of John Cena/CM Punk/Randy Orton/Christian that this type of match would be damn entertaining to watch for the fans. In TNA, I think any combination of Kurt Angle/Mr Anderson/Robert Roode/AJ Styles, would make a great match on their brand. Or with TNA, since WWE has no tag team division, a match like this between Beer Money and Motor City Machine Guns would be entertaining as well.

Anyway, there's my post, I know it's really long. I'm sorry I just start rambling and threw it all out there. So let me know what you think, or hell, criticize, I'm expecting it.

I saw the triple cage match and though it was a brilliant concept. I couldn't see it returning ever again just due to the height of the 3rd cage and it's danger. It was an awesome idea though

Could either WWE or TNA put on a good Triple Cage match with their current rosters? You bet. However it would need to be two guys who not only are in such a heated feud that only a triple cage could settle it, but also two guys who would be able to handle it because it is a very dangerous match stipulation. No current feud is big enough to justify doing this match though. Michaels VS Jericho back in 2008 would have been perfect for it, or perhaps Orton VS Trips in 2009 because those feuds saw the guys involved HATING each other so much and a triple cage match could have been good for a final battle in either angle.

I always thought the Tower of Doom match used in NWA in the late 80's was a better idea. It was still a triple layer cage and the match went 2 teams of 5 climb a ladder 1 person at a time and fight down to the bottom cage where you either have pinfall/submission decisions or escape from the cell door.

Something like that would have been good with Nexus vs Cena and his super team he got together or with Immortal vs Fortune.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back