• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Tri-Top: The Rolling Stones

Mr. TM

Throwing a tantrum
One of the greatest bands of all time, The Rolling Stones have more classics then almost everyone on the current Billboard 100 will ever have combined. What are your three favourite of those songs?

Paint It Black- An older Stones song, the song has that almost twisted tanklike feel to it as it hums away for most of the song. Jagger's vocals are top notch in the song, and the song has great lyrics that go well with the plucked guitar in the song.

Gimme Shelter- The song I consider to have the most urgency in it ever. The Rollings Stones got to write their music when the western world was faced with major social issues. That storm that is mentioned in the song is obvious. "War, children, it's just a shot away" is the most haunting line that was ever put into music in my opinion, it showed that Vietnam wasn't just in the South East of Asia, but it was at home. Though a Rolling Stones masterpiece, one has to look at Merry Clayton's powerful lyrics here to prove how good the song truly is.

Wild Horses- I picked two very controversial deep songs for my first two, now I am going to pick a lighter sad love song for my third one. Wild Horses really shows the true love that men feel for women and how blind someone can get over the love of their life. It is a great song to just listen to and enjoy.

You Can't Always Get What You Want-The entire song is great. Starts with the choir, and slowly builds in tempo till it gets into a true rock song. And it's great the entire way. My favourite Stone's song by a huge margin. I love this song. One of my favourite of all time.

Shattered-Kind of a funny song, it's just a fun one with good lyrics and great singing. Well, that's pretty much it for this song. The singing. Mick Jagger is one of the best of all time, and it shows here. It's funny how the simple songs can be the best. Well, that's the case here.

She's Like a Rainbow-This one is just pretty, I guess. The piano at the start is nice and the switches between fast and slow tempos make this one a great song. It normally goes unnoticed under the vast library of Stone's songs, but She's Like a Rainbow will always be under my favourite's list.

Honourable Mentions-Angie, Miss You, Paint it Black, Ruby Tuesday

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back