• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Tri-Top: Slipknot

Status
Not open for further replies.

NSL

Life's A Bitch, And Then You Mosh
I apologize for stealing the idea TM, but you kind of abandoned it, and I doubt you'd ever do this one, anyway. as for the rest of you, you get the idea...Here's my list:

1. Wait And Bleed - This song is just killer. From beginning to end, it's nearly impossible not to headbang and dance a little. The claymation video to this, was the first exposure I had to them, and was hooked. I've seen them live once, and this song got the crowd into the biggest frenzy of the night.

2. Left Behind - I like the music to this, but the lyrics are what got me hooked. Corey's voice was at it's best here. Whether he's screaming, growling, or singing clean, he just nails every part. The entire band is tight behind him, and it really rounds it out well.

3. Prosthetics - After seeing the video for Wait And Bleed, this was the next song that I fell in love with. It's just old school Slipknot doing what they do best. Everything is put together well, and it was merely a sign of things to come. I can't find a maggot anywhere that doesn't like this song.

That's a pretty good list. However, mine would be:

1. Iowa
I know it's easy to say this song is overlong and that a good portion of it is just ambiant noise-sounding sporadic instrumentals, but I love the way it is done. Corey's voice is awesome in the song, going from tormented whispers to haunting screams, with some disturbing lyrics. The chugging bassline that spans pretty much the whole song sounds dangerous and blunt, and the eerie, sporatic drums sound like distant bursts of machine gun fire. Great song if you're patient enough to listen to all 15 minutes.

2. Before I Forget
I believe this was the first Slipknot song I really liked when i heard it. I love the chorus, and Corey's singing is great. Good riff, some killer drums as usual, it's just an all around great song.

3. Vendetta
I'd have to say All Hope is Gone is probably my favorite of their albums, just barely ahead of Iowa, and this has to be my favorite song off it. I love the thudding bass drums used throughout, and the turntable usage through the song is really effective. A lot of times I find the turn tables too subtle, to the point where I have to focus hard just to hear them, but they stand out well in this song. Good riff, and amazing chorus. The song goes from a standard Slipknot song to an awesome, fist-pumping anthem on the turn of a dime. Love the guitar in the chorus as well, sounds really great.

BTW, sorry about the miniessays, I got carried away.

1. purity...ok this song is HAUNTING you hear it once and u never forget it

2. spit it out....a very unique song for cory

3. wait and bleed....this is the 1st song i heard by slipknot many years ago and started my love of heavy metal

Ah, fine times, no one picks some of the stuff I am about to. It saddens me that no one else appreciates how absurdly talented these dudes are in the melodic side of things. The songs everyone are naming dont have shit on these three....

Vermillion, Pt.2

Yea, Pt.2...the original has a bunch of shit guitars and riffs and stuff. This one is mostly accoustic guitar from what i can tell, or at least in that very very simplistic style. Very deeply emotional song, with some amazing lyrics. Fantastic song.

Danger, Keep away

Just fucking SICK man. its only about 2 minutes long, if that. Amazing lyrics though, nice piano, just overall a very amazing little peice of music.

Snuff

My all time favorite Slipknot song, and one of my favorite songs of all time, period. The layers, complexity, and quality of the lyrics and instrumentation here is immense. Numerous guitars, violin, and all manner of other instruments are used here, in very subtle ways for most of it. Shit, just a few weeks ago I notcied another deeper bassline I had never noticed before, and ive heard the song about 500 fuckin times by now. The lyrics are also very deep, and metaphorical. If you havent heard this one, you absolutely must. If you dont appreciate Slipknot's slow stuff, you definately will after this. Its on the new album. Do yourself a favor, and hear this gorgeous peice of music.

Great thread, NSL! I will preface my post by saying, It's been a while since I've dedicated time to Slipknot, so my list is kinda outdated. Here goes:

1.People= Shit- Just for the brutality alone. It's got everything I love, from screaming guitars, amazin' drums, and (dare I say) cookie monster vocals. Well, all that, plus it seems to be a theme on the boards today.

2.Wait and Bleed- For the same reason that I love Bitch by Sevendust. Corey can go from slow and melodic, to hardcore in a matter of seconds.

3. Spit it out- It was the first song I had heard by Slipknot, and it's brutal. This song will always hold a special place in my heart.

Sorry, like I said, it's been a few years since I've actually dedicated any amount of time to Slipknot.

My favorite band. I can name so many songs by them and write a paragraph on why they are all so great, but i'll just stick to 3.

Wait and Bleed- Wow how can you not like this song? The lyrics of the song, the pace everything is amazing. I can see why it was voted one of the metal songs you must hear before you die.

Snuff- My favorite song of all time. It's so different of every other song besides Vermillion, and it just fucking works. The lyrics are utterly amazing, and I love when they do these types of songs. It is truly an amazing song.

Purity- The second Slipknot song i've ever heard. I listened to it the first time and it permanently got stuck in my head. After that day I could not stop listening to this song. The story behind it, the lyrics everything about it. I read up on why it was banned, and than researched the story, and it made me love the song more, and understand what they were talking about.

Again these are 3 songs. I have so many more I'd love to comment on, but i'll just stick to these 3. Weird none of them are the more hardcore of their songs, because I usually like those more than these types. Fuckin maggot dog.

One of my favourite bands ATM.started listening to them last november.

Purity-Abso-Fuckin-Lutely kick ass song. has to be in the top 10 all time greatest 'Knot songs

Iowa-Crazy shit to listen to.15 minutes long but still good.

Spit It Out- "I'm all out of enemy's Fuck Me" Best fuckin lyrics ever in a 'Knot song.Has to be around top 5 area of best Slipknot songs ever.

Fuckin maggot for life!

The Heretic Anthem - This song made me a Slipknot fan. Love this song.

Vendetta - As soon as the first riff off the guitar hits after the drums, you know all hell is going to break loose. Definitely one of my favorite all time songs by them.

Left Behind - This video is so , so, so sick. I love the song and the video even more. Early Slipknot = greatness.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back