• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Tri-Top: Pearl Jam

Mr. TM

Throwing a tantrum
Pearl Jam for me will be one of those bands who some people love, some people hate, but a whole lot of people enjoy casually. I fall into that group, Nothing like putting on some Pearl Jam, loading up the ol' Rockey Launcher and shooting some covenant in the face. (I may listen to Pearl Jam while playing Halo).

Jeremy- I have always enjoyed listening to Jeremy for its emotion and content. Coming off the incredible album "Ten" the song did quite well when I was a kid. I believe the song is also a front runner to a lot of the music that came out 5 years ago, with its emotional content.

Better Man- The song that starts quite slowely, relaxing you in with slight bumps while it begins. Then it picks up into Eddie's growly shaking voice. I dare people not to sing along with this song.

Last Kiss- Although not an original, I do perfer the song to the original. This song is by far my favourite song ever performed by Pearl Jam. My future father in law and I each know the words to the song, each from a different artist, but it doesn't matter when we can each sing it.

Wow, even after I asked you to make this thread, I still have missed it up until now. Pearl Jam is one of the greatest bands of my generation easy, and if it weren't for their views on awards, ticket prices, and other various issues, they probably wouldn't have been snubbed so frequently at the Grammy's (but who really does care about the Grammy's any more). This was a really tough one to narrow down to 3.

Go- First single off the Vs. album and a very good one. It shows that grungier side of Pearl Jam that some people forget they were apart of. Fast song, you have to really listen closely to make out what Eddie is clearly saying. At two different points in the song, Mike puts out two incredible solos that really show how good of a guitarist he really is. Not everyone's favourite of most well known track from Pearl Jam, and that's another reason why I like it more.

Daughter- Another one off the Vs. album. The only Pearl jam to top both US rock charts, it starts off slow with the acoustic guitar and picks up from there. It's got a good rhythm too it and infectious lyrics that I can never help but sing along too.

Yellow Ledbetter- Their most famous B-side, much of the song's lyrics cannot be understood, except for the one at the end of every verse "I don't know whether I was the boxer or the bag". Much of the lyrics are mumbled by Vedder throughout the song at live shows give no clearer understanding of them as we frequently uses different lyrics at different shows (much like he also does with Wishlist). The guitar and music for the song fit it's tempo and mumbling lyrics well and all in all, it's just an enjoyable song to relax and listen to.

Honourable mention- Better man (of course), Jeremy, Wishlist, Last Kiss, World Wide Suicide.

Alive ...I enjoy the short intro as well as the music throughout and the lyrics. I feel like its a perfect summer song to be sitting out on the deck at night with a few friends having a few beers. Also a good pick me up song to start your day.

Wishlist ... I think this song is all about you saying you wish you were this way but your not and you cant do alot about it even though you wish you could. Also, for me personally aloud me to look at myself and think about what i would like to change.

Even Flow...My personal favorite Pearl Jam song. This song i can listen to no matter what i am doing from drinking, working out, at work, driving somewhere. Regardless i can always listen to it and never get sick of it. I like how the chorus kind of has that live concert sound to it.

havent heard all of there stuff just mainly there older ones, which i like:

Yellow Ledbetter can't understand what he says, like a lot of his songs, but regardless i enjoy this fine tune. my personal favorite as of late

Alive from the moment i heard the chorus, i had to get this song. great song. once i read the lyrics, i finally understood it.

Even Flow this was the FIRST pearl jam song i've ever heard. At first, i couldn't get into the song. i'd only hear the first 30 seconds of it actually. but once i heard it all, i instantly fell in love with it. great tune. never gets old.

1) Alive-I can (kinda)relate to this song, as my mother died when I was only 1, and the woman who raised me, along with my father, didn't bother letting me know till I was 15. That, and Eddies vocals are tremendous.
2)World Wide Suicide- Though relatively new, I find this song to be classic Pearl Jam. Fast, heavy guitars mixed with Eddies brutal voice. Also, a nice return from Riot Act.
3)Elderly Woman Behind the Counter in a Small Town- Not alot of people are very aware of this song, but it's amazing, and I do suggest it. The crux of it all is, a woman sees an ex-lover while she's working, but can't place the name to the face until he's leaving, and it's too late. In my eyes, it warns of the effects of dementia, but that's not neccessarily a fact, but is my interpratation.

I've always been a fan of Pearl Jam, but they're not the type of band that I can spend hours listening to. I have a few songs on CD, but I'd much rather listen to them when they pop up on the radio.

That being said, my favorite song from Pearl Jam is Corduroy. No one knows it by name, but everyone knows it upon listening to it. It's a good song, with a good pace to it. You can listen to it when you're driving, or when you're just kicking back with a drink in hand.

I also like Black. It's another song that most people will know from hearing it on the radio, but won't recognize the name of (I even had to double check the name). It's a nice, slow song, and it's one that's fun for karaoke night. It's written really well musically, and is one of the better songs to listen to for Vedder's vocals.

Go is another of my favorite songs from them. It's a little more my taste in music, and it's a great lead track for the album it was on. You can dance to it, or throw yourself in a pit and get crazy. It's a good song to drive fast too also.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back