• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Tri-Top: Brad Pitt

Mr. TM

Throwing a tantrum
Some people say he is just a pretty boy. Some people say he is just pretty ugly. Whatever it may be, I don't care. I just know he can play some amazing characters, and great characters make great movies. What are your three favourite of those movies?

Fight Club- Brad Pitt and Fight Club playing Tyler Durden was one of the best movie I have ever seen, let alone with Brad Pitt. Although Brad played a sub-conscience, he sure seemed to beat the hell out of Edward Norton. For those of you going into this movie thinking it was going to be about men fighting, well maybe you should go watch some UFC. Because this movie is about a lot more than that. And incredible film.

The Devil's Own- Playing the young Irishmen in this film, The Devil's Own again seems to give us a look into Ireland that may or may not erupt again. Brad Pitt made the Irish seem even cooler in this film, and besides a kind of lame ending, he made this film a great one.

Seven- Se7en is one of the greatest crime movies of all time. As Brad Pitt paired with an equally good Morgan Freeman are set out on the paths to find the killer who is massacring people in line with the seven dirty sins, we get to see one of Brad Pitt's first great films.

Brad Pitt has been successful as a star and supporting actor in many films during his career. Say what you want about his sex appeal, but the man can make a small role seem large or a large role not overshadow the entire movie.

1. Fight Club- In this movie, Pitt played a schizo's "other half." He was inspiring and creepy all at the same time. He was one of the most likable villains I have ever seen in a movie.

2. Snatch He had a relatively small role in this movie, however, he was the catalyst for much of the action in the movie. He played the lovable Pikey Mickey. His gypsy boxing character steals scenes time and again. Be it his crazy language or skill in the ring, Mickey makes a memorable impact on this film.

3. Troy- I have been told by people I love that this movie is trash and my fascination with it is questionable. Fuck it!! I love this movie. The fighting sequences are amazing. I think Achilles definitely portrays the values of honor and bravery to a T. The cinematography is amazing and the women are beautiful. For anyone who read the Iliad, the scenery is what one would have imagined (even if the stories are very different.)

Brad Pitt is not only a good actor and sexy but he's going out with Angelina Jolie which just makes him that much more awesome. He has had a few duds during his career(the mexican)but he usually is a pretty solid actor. As for my 3 favorite roles from him:

1. The Curious Case of Benjamin Button- Although the film got a lot of hype and press, I still think Pitt was top notch in it. Some people claim Pitt's performance was just a gimmick(which in a way it was)but it doesn't mean that he wasn't amazing in it. I thought Pitt brough emotion and was excellent as was the movie.

2. 12 Monkeys This is the movie that made people seem that Pitt was more than just a pretty face. He got an oscar nomination for the role, and was the highlight of the movie. He was able to excell and standout in a good film, and I think this role is very underated, even though he got an oscar nomination for it.

3. Mr. & Mrs. Smith- This is just a personal choice. While Pitt's role wasn't critcally acclaimed or award worthy but it still was a great performance. Pitt and Jolie had great chemistry and the movie was just fun, as was his performance.

I've always been a Brad Pitt fan. He hasn't had many bad movies, but I'll try to sort out my three favorite.

Babel was an excellent movie, and he played his part well. While there really wasn't a "lead" role, he was definitely the focal point of his scenes, and carried the viewer's attention through the story.

Another great movie for Brad was Snatch. His part wasn't the main character, but he was great. The movie was funny as hell, and is as quotable as a number of other Pitt movies. If you haven't seen it, please do!

I'm fairly surprised no one has mentioned Ocean's Eleven. Sure, there was an all-star cast, and everyone was great. But, don't tell me that Pitt didn't have the best performance. It's not even close. Not only did he play Rusty better than anyone else played their characters, but without him, the movie doesn't work.

EDIT: I also want to give an honorable mention to Sleepers. It's an outstanding movie, and he steals the show, and again it is an all-star cast. I'd say it's a must see.

Brad Pitt, good actor, but practically the same in every film he does. Even when he's a crinkly baby.

But the man does some great films. I'd have to pick two films from his pretty boy years, they be Seven & Twelve Monkeys. Great in both, although I think it's fair to say he'd be easily replaceable in Seven.

I would go Fight Club, it is his best film, but I think he's brilliant in Babel.

Brad Pitt is one of my favorite actors of all time, if not my favorite period. The guy is not only one of the coolest motherfuckers ever in cinema, but one of the most talented as far as I'm concerned. It's really hard for me to narrow this down to three, but I'll do so.

3. True Romance - Small role, but Brad Pitt completely stole the show as far as I'm concerned. He was beyond awesome in this.

2. Fight Club - Saw this for the first time about three years ago, and absolutely loved it. I had no idea about the plot twist and it was just a great, entertaining, funny as hell thrill ride. The acting in it was superb, and David Fincher's direction shows he's truly one of the best directors currently in Hollywood. I really don't think anyone could've have done better with this movie then Fincher and the actors selected, especially Pitt.

1. The Curious Case of Benjamin Button - I only got to see it once, but fuck I loved this movie. I thought Pitt was TREMENDOUS and it was the second best performance of 2008 in film as far as I'm concerned. While Fincher did a wonderful job, without Pitt carrying the film, the movie ends up being absolute shit, most likely.

But I have to give a list of honorable mentions. He probably has more honorable mention from me then any other actor, but I truly love these movies and his performances in them:

Kalifornia (for those who haven't seen this, I HIGHLY recommend it)
Legends of the Fall
Seven
Twelve Monkeys
Sleepers
Ocean's Eleven
Troy
Mr. & Mrs. Smith
Babel
The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford
Burn After Reading

By the way, I cannot wait for Inglourious Basterds. That has a huge chance ending up being my favorite Brad Pitt movie of all time once it's all said and done.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back