Tremors or Gremlins

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fire Marshall Bill

Let me show ya somethin!!!
First off, this does not include the sequels. No mention of them here. This is about the original movies only!

Ok so we have 2 of the best movies in the horror/comedy genre. A style of movie you really don't see that often.

Tremors

This movie is a little more edgy and graphic of the 2. Hence the PG-13 rating. Kevin Bacon and Fred Ward are what really make this movie. 2 handymen that may not be the brightest guys but can think on their feet alright. Their back and forth dialog is really entertaining throughout the movie. Kind of witty, but dumb at the same time. Michael Gross definitely has his lines and moments in the movie. And the shootout in his basement is probably my favorite scene in the movie.

Gremlins

No doubt this movie is made by the Gremlins themselves. Their antics, childish and dangerous, are extremely hilarious. Not to say the main characters don't have their charm. Zach Galligan is your typical boy scout type and Phoebe Cates was never bad to look at back then. But it's gotta say something when the best scenes in the movie are dominated by the gremlins (bar, theater, streets). This is a movie that I actually think could not be made any better with a higher rating. The PG rating let the Gremlins have their fun, albeit dangerous and sometimes deadly, without making you really not like them or really see them as the "bad guys." They were just so funny in the movie a rating that allowed more blood would've taken their appeal away.

So anyways, those are my short takes on the 2 movies. I don't know if I could pick one out of them. I loved them both growing up and I still love them. Both for their own reasons. What do you guys think?

It's hard to say...
Every one growing up should want a little gizmo running around the house....just don't get him wet lol cause those gremlins are nasty

ummm i think I'm gonna have to go with Tremors

There big and ugly...and there smart....even on the roof tops they find a way to get to there prey...lowering the house until you are on land
I like how you shot them and like purple/red like blood comes out it's like shooting a huge Giant man eating slug

Shouldn't it be Critters or Gremlins? I don't see the comparison between Gremilins & the worms from Tremors at all.

One is a classic the other is, y'know, ok. People want to see another Gremlins film. They're still making Tremors films that people don't want to watch.

Oh wait, they're both in the Horror/Comedy genre, apparently. Only Gremlins isn't now, is it.

Shouldn't it be Critters or Gremlins? I don't see the comparison between Gremilins & the worms from Tremors at all.

One is a classic the other is, y'know, ok. People want to see another Gremlins film. They're still making Tremors films that people don't want to watch.

Oh wait, they're both in the Horror/Comedy genre, apparently. Only Gremlins isn't now, is it.

Ah touche. I totally spaced on Critters.

And I didn't include the sequels for that very reason. Gremlins 2 really wasn't very good, and the Tremors sequels were awful. But both original movies were quite good.

Yeah. Critters was probably more in line along the Gremlins theme, furry type creatures. Granted, the Gremlins turned into the green reptilians. But I'd have to go with Gremlins. To me, it had better star power, you had Phoebe Cates, Zach Galligan, and his mom, god I forgot her name, she was married to Michael Landon at one point. Then the crazy old guy with his tractor truck. Then Corey Feldman, and Judge Reinhold. Plus, Howie Mandel was the voice of Gizmo, didn't know if anyone knew that. :) Bit of trivia. But I think it was quite entertaining to see the creatures (Gremlins) take on personalities of their own after over-running the town. Who can forget the scene at the bar where the one flashes the bar-maid (Cates), then the infamous movie theater scene where they do their shadow puppets and they're all just sitting and having fun? My ultimate is at the end, Gizmo remembers his Rambo movie, and goes all warrior and driving the barbie car, and shotting the flaming arrows. That's my pick.

I've only seen the originals of both movies but I'm assuming that a sequel to either movie is just kind of stupid and pointless

I sequel about Tremors is even more stupid then a Jaws sequel and I think Jaws is hideously boring....
How many were there? like Four I think

The only reason why the first Tremor movie is cool are some of the characters in the movie...and I'm not even talking about Kevin Bacon. I like watching people shoot big worms that bleed when you hit them...Or again I guess man eating slugs...

I'd rather watch Gremlins but I enjoyed both. I also enjoyed each sequel but nothing past that. Tremors 3 and 4 were just painful to watch. Back on point however, Gremlins is just the better film. It's funnier and has a better story, though I will concede the graphic nature of Tremors is better. I also find the acting, while not all that great, to still be better in Gremlins. As for a comparison with Critters, well I can honestly not say anything. I have never seen Critters but will get around to it one of these days. But, as for the question at hand I would take Gremlins over Tremors.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back