• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Trainers of the Next Generation

Trivia247

Occasional Pre-Show
We have seen the list of great wrestlers of the past that had trained those of the present. I believe those trainers were the last of the Old guard of tradition, who remember the territory days and who conditioned their students to wrestle for an hour and not just for four too ten minutes in between interview segments and backstage goofiness..

So, who will be the next generation's
Domenic Denucci ? Killer Kowalski ? Hart Family Dungeon?

That's actually a pretty good question.

I'm expecting there to be some of the old guys of todays wrestling product. A guy like Triple H has a great knowledge for the product, and has been the ultimate package for years in WWE. He could be great at teaching the guys some of the old-school stuff that he has wrestled for his entire career.

However, I don't expect that to happen really. Triple H has the WWE to hold onto for many years to come, he won't be teaching guys like Killer, the Harts or for that sake Harley Race. He won't be starting some school to do it at.

I could see a guy like William Regal stepping forth and doing something in the future when he stops working for the WWE though. He could implement the same old-school style that Triple H has worked, with the variations of his own thing.

The same could be said for Shawn Michaels, who is retired now. And we all know what he were doing back when he was temporarily retired - He was training guys like Brian Kendrick and Bryan Danielson. Two good / great wrestlers. So I wouldn't be surprised if there came another one or two guys out of the Shawn Michaels wrestling school.

There are several wrestlers I could see being involved in something like this.

Bret Hart= The son of the late, great Stu Hart, the master of the Dungeon. I would like to see Bret, one of the greatest technical wrestlers of all time, put his extensive knowledge of the business and all his fathers teachings, into training the next generation of wrestlers. I think being trained by Bret would give his students instant credibility, and who better to teach them the ropes than the Excellence of Execution. I would like to see Bret involved in Tough Enough on its return

Shawn Michaels= Shawn has already had success in training wrestlers, during his retirement in the late 90s. Spanky and Daniel Bryan are two of his success stories. I think that he will eventually return to this, after a complete break from the business.

Kurt Angle= The wrestling machine would be the perfect tutor to up-and-coming wrestlers, as he is not only an absolute expert when it comes to the actual wrestling, but his mic work is top notch too, and he could help them in so many ways. I definately see Kurt being involved in training wrestlers in the future, I dont think he will be able to step away from the business compltely.

I think some of the vets who retire from wwe would become the trainers, like hhh. He has all the knowledge that a rookie would need.

I think some of the vets who retire from wwe would become the trainers, like hhh. He has all the knowledge that a rookie would need.

I dont know about Triple H. The way it is now, it looks like Trips and Steph will be running the company after Vince retires/passes away. He already has his own office and is producing some of the shows at the moment while he isnt wrestling, so I think he will keep on doing that after his retirement, rather than being a trainer. I do think he would be good in the role though, he knows alot about the business

An Additional question tacked onto this. Besides straight wrestling training, who would be great Ring Psychology trainers, those who can teach the up and comers how to tell a story in the ring. For the new generation, had he not had that bad personal crash Jake Roberts would be an expert trainer in that field.

Who now a days could do that?

An Additional question tacked onto this. Besides straight wrestling training, who would be great Ring Psychology trainers, those who can teach the up and comers how to tell a story in the ring. For the new generation, had he not had that bad personal crash Jake Roberts would be an expert trainer in that field.

Who now a days could do that?

Great shout on the Snake man, he would have been great at this. Still could be

I would say Raven would be a good pick to teach ring psychology. Similar to Jake Roberts, while not the most spectacular in the ring, Raven made everything he did count and was brilliant at telling a story in the ring.

Shawn Michaels is another. No one (apart from Hogan) is better at playing the face getting beat down, selling a beating before fighting back and getting the crowd behind him. Michaels makes you feel for him when he is in the ring.

I think Randy Orton is very good at this too, and will only get better and better as he gains more experience. In time I think he could be one of the best.

Im personally one who thinks that CM Punk would be a great trainer. He was once the head trainer while in ROH, so is it out of the question that he could adapt his training methods to "WWE style" in order to become a trainer within the company?

When looking at a trainer, I would want someone whose equally adept in all areas to do so. In terms of mic skills, Punk could teach students how to take a simple heel promo and have the crowd eating out of one's hands. In terms of wrestling psychology, few do it better. And in terms of technical prowess, few can match Punk there as well. I could easily see him as someone who would have the skills to pass that knowledge down to the up and comers in the business. He would be a great head trainer at FCW some day.

Maybe Mick Foley. His psychology is extremely underrated and he knows as much about the business as almost anyone. I'd dare say he's the master of wrestling a match and making himself and his oponent look good. Look at virtually all his attitude era matches, him and his oponent come off looking great. Admittedly he may not be the mot technically sound wrestler but he's definately a lot better than people give him credit in that department. Plus he just seems like someone that would genuinely try to teach the younger generation how to do it.

Im personally one who thinks that CM Punk would be a great trainer. He was once the head trainer while in ROH, so is it out of the question that he could adapt his training methods to "WWE style" in order to become a trainer within the company?

When looking at a trainer, I would want someone whose equally adept in all areas to do so. In terms of mic skills, Punk could teach students how to take a simple heel promo and have the crowd eating out of one's hands. In terms of wrestling psychology, few do it better. And in terms of technical prowess, few can match Punk there as well. I could easily see him as someone who would have the skills to pass that knowledge down to the up and comers in the business. He would be a great head trainer at FCW some day.

That is a great shout!

Punk knows alot about the business and is very well rounded. He can pass on his knowledge of how to cut a promo (as he is one of the best going), he can wrestle in a variety of styles and as you mentioned was one of the head trainers in ROH for a while, I totally forgot about that.

I could certainly see him going down this route once his active career is over, unless he returns to the commentators desk

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back