• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The Next Generation/Era

The only young guys who have "it" are Santino Marella and MVP, the rest are generic. Edge is not "new era." He will forever be remembered as being one half of Edge and Christian during the Attitude Era, he's been around too long to be apart of a "new era." Same with the Hardys. Orton is a generic heel, he was hot back in 2004 with the Legend Killer gimmick but now he doesn't have a gimmick, he's boring. CM Punk is a better heel, he's a boring face. Cena is garbage, if he was Rock/Austin/Hogan Raw wouldn't be getting 3.4s every week, even in the last days of the Rock/Austin era in 2003 Raw was still gettings 4.3s-4.5s. Cena does not have "it." He's too cookie cutter and not edgy enough. I mean do you really expect some 30-year old guy who used to wear Austin 3:16 shirts to walk about in one of Cena's lame shirts? The guy was a pretty good heel back in 2003, but now he's watered down garbage. He is booed by the majority of the crowd, and they try to make the excuse that "well he gets a huge reaction."

I don't remember Rock, Austin, or Hogan getting booed at all during their respective face primes, they got much larger reactions than Cena and it was all cheers, except for near the end of Rock's 2002 face run, but that's because he was going to Hollywood. This is not a new era, and if it is a new era, it's a shitty one, because the product is no longer cutting edge or emotional, it's predictable and boring. Everybody outside of the WWE die hard fanbase thinks that the WWE is lame and a joke, and they're right. Remember when a simple stare down between The Rock and Stone Cold could have you at the edge of your seat? Does that ever happen anymore? Nope. They need new writers and new wrestlers if they ever want to have another Rock N Wrestling era or Attitude era again.

Of course you are gonna have Cena being the main guy for quite some years to come, as he is still relatively young. Edge is just now really coming into his own, and will probably be a main event mainstay helping carry the company for the next8 years or so. I think we can all see MVP, and maybe to a lesser extent, Kennedy, coming into the ME scene soon, probably this year for MVP. On the Jeff Hardy front, I dont see his body and/or character holding up longenougj to become a main stay at the top level. Sorry guys. Certainley Orton, as he is also very young relatively speaking. I think CM Punk will be there shortly, but im not sure if he has what it takes to be the megastar they need him to be. Time, and character development will tell.

Will and I can say it til we are blue in the face. John Morrison is money. He has the mic skills, charisma, look, and athletic talent to go as high as they will allow him to. I think his current languishing in the tag ranks on SD! is half punishment over the steroid scandal, and half them seeing if they can trust him to stay clean and have a good attitude to be a major guy. It could be construed that his current misuse is actually a GOOD thing, because they are testing him to see if he can keep clean, and has character to eat shit for a little bit, because they have major major intentions for him in the near future, and want to make sure they wont get fucked on their investment. Same thing with Kennedys current lack of push and momentum. Both guys situations leading into the steroid scandal are strikingly simular.

Miz is another guy I see rising very soon. I think he would very well with Jericho in an IC title feud, and could probably also work well with Hardy in the same way. And of course you ALWAYS have to talk about Shelton Benjamin and Elijah Burke, when speaking on the "all next generation" team. Both guys, moreso Burke, have everything needed to go as high as WWE wants to take them. And what Shelton lacks behind Burke in charisma and mic skills, he makes up for in freakish athleticism. And Benjamins mic work has imrpoved tremendously since joining ECW.

Now for NorCal's late round sleepers....

Domino, of D&D...yea I fuckin said it...this dude really has it all if you think about it. Great look, good charisma, very fundamentally sound, never botches, and is one of WWE's top 5 in the department of selling. Dont belive me?? Watch him. I really think this guy will be a major singles star in the future.

Paul Birchill...someday, they will find something for this guy. good look, and excellent skills. Make him a champion here, or watch him become a champion somewere else WWE.

Hawkins & Ryder....Both guys have excellent charisma, and do very well in the ring. And they now have great heat with these new personas. I think we see the future Edge and christian in front of us every time we see them in action...

Domino, of D&D...yea I fuckin said it...this dude really has it all if you think about it. Great look, good charisma, very fundamentally sound, never botches, and is one of WWE's top 5 in the department of selling. Dont belive me?? Watch him. I really think this guy will be a major singles star in the future.

Paul Birchill...someday, they will find something for this guy. good look, and excellent skills. Make him a champion here, or watch him become a champion somewere else WWE.

Hawkins & Ryder....Both guys have excellent charisma, and do very well in the ring. And they now have great heat with these new personas. I think we see the future Edge and christian in front of us every time we see them in action...

Norcal, why you on the high horse of these tag team wrestlers? Deuce and Domino are terrible, bore me to death. Birchill's not even being used, so I'm not sure. Hawkins and Ryder just seem like a bunch of ******s not knowing what to do. If I had to pick 3 future stars, they'd be

Kofi Kingston: He's a really colorful wrestler and, although I don't watch ECW, I could see him getting mid-card titles soon.

Cryme Time: These guys have to be the most over Tag-Team in the WWE. If you saw when they came back they got a massive pop. They are an actual tag-team also. They wrestle pretty well. Easily top tag-team in the WWE.

Gregory Helms: Yes, he's been out for over a year with a major neck injury, but he's had some good feuds with Matt Hardy, declaring himself the best cruiserweight. I could see him also winning a midcard title soon (when he comes back).

Those were just my WAY future picks, and vast majority of young guys with talent come in as part of a atg team, if you look back, you will find this to be true a lot of the time.

Cryme Time are comedy guys. True they are over, but here isnt much room for their characters to grow. Just not sure were they go from this gimmick, as MVP damn near does the same thing, just slightly tweaked, and from a heel disposition. My post was about long term future projection. Cryme Time doesnt project well.

And I didnt say D&D. I said Domino. And yea, the probably bore you because they have aboring gimmick. Im talking about POTENTIAL here. Domino has every trait needed to be huge, if given the right development. Watch his match with your boy Kofi Kingston from ECW if you want proof. He carried Kofi in that match.

Kingston is another guy who's character, and style dont project well. Whats he gonna do, just be the happy go lucky Jamcian forever??? Thats not gonna work. He doesnt have the kind of character that projects to being taken seriously on the main event scene, although it may still be a little early to tell how he may develop.

And goodness sakes man, you want to talk about someone who will bore a crowd into a nap?? Gregory fucking Helms??? LOL. I will be the first to admit the man is extremely talented, but his matches could draw heat if they were wrestled on the surface of the sun. Helms was met with general apathy everywere during his last WWE run. Watch his feud with Hardy. The crowd had about as much emotional investment in those matches as a pimp does to a hooker. In that the crowd would be apathetic in the best case scenario, and would beat the match into oblivion in the worst cases.

Yeah we are definitely into a new ERA here. I talk to a buddy of mine at work about wrestling every now and then and he has not been a big fan since The Rock and Austin departed and it makes me realize we are in a new Era because he is always like "Edge" really? Christian really? (I know he is TNA, but you get what I am saying). Hell he does not even know who MVP, Mr. Kennedy or Umaga is.
We are obviously in a new era of WWE wrestling because of the new Mega Star. The first era had the Mega Star of Hulk Hogan (with some others sprinkled in) ... he gave way to the Mega Star of Shawn Michaels (and to some extent Undertaker and Bret Hart) .. he gave way to the Mega Stars of The Rock and Stone Cold ... and they really gave way to the era of Triple H.
One important thing about every era since Hogan has had to deal with the uniqueness of creating it's own image while still having the major players from the previous era around. Shawn was able to grow because Hogan flat went to WCW, Stone Cold and the Rock grew because Shawn was hurt and Bret Hart left, but since then ... the Hogans, Michaelses, Triple Hs have all had to cope with creating their own era while incorporating storylines with the old eras.
Right now is CLEARLY John Cena's era like it or not. He is the MEGA STAR and with him at the top for a long time will be Edge and Randy Orton. It clearly is it's own era that is young and will last for a long time.

Cryme Time are comedy guys. True they are over, but here isnt much room for their characters to grow. Just not sure were they go from this gimmick, as MVP damn near does the same thing, just slightly tweaked, and from a heel disposition. My post was about long term future projection. Cryme Time doesnt project well.

Like I said earlier, they have a lot of wrestling talent. Since they are so over, give them a tag-team title push. They do have the tag-team title shot from New Years Revolution 07.:)

And I didnt say D&D. I said Domino. And yea, the probably bore you because they have aboring gimmick. Im talking about POTENTIAL here. Domino has every trait needed to be huge, if given the right development. Watch his match with your boy Kofi Kingston from ECW if you want proof. He carried Kofi in that match.

Again, I wouldn't know if he carried him or not because I don't follow ECW. I do know that Kofi has enormus amounts of potential. Domino is just a tag-team jobber, he's no Edge or Christian, or even Matt or Jeff, he's like the Dudley's going solo, only they're still bad as a tag-team (D&D).

Kingston is another guy who's character, and style dont project well. Whats he gonna do, just be the happy go lucky Jamcian forever??? Thats not gonna work. He doesnt have the kind of character that projects to being taken seriously on the main event scene, although it may still be a little early to tell how he may develop.

The line I bolded is what I think about Kofi. Tons of potential, but too early right now.

i to feel that older ppl like Taker,HBK,and Triple H imparticular need to clear out and make way for the young guys like orton,cena,egde,maybe batista,both of the hardys,punk,kennedy,umaga,MVP etc...

Taker is pretty gun hoe on puttin younger talent over him and HBK, whos knee is shot,is basically not to far behind him.BUT WE HAVE THE BIGGEST PROBLEM WITH TRIPLE H,WHO IS IN HIS LATE 30'S AND STILL THINKS HE CAN LEAD FOR ANOTHER DECADE...HE HAS OVERSTAYED HIS SPOT AS A MAIN EVENTER AND WILL PROBABLY BE THERE FOR ANOTHER 5 YEARS JUST BECAUSE HE IS THAT DAMN GOOD AT WHAT HE DOES AND HE IS MARRIED TO STEPHANIE MCMAHON.HE HAS KEPT VIRTUALLY EVERY TALENT DOWN EXCEPT CENA SURPSISINGLY AND AT TIMES ORTON.BUT THE POINT IS IS THAT TRIPLE H IS A TTL EGO MANIAC AND NEEDS TO KNOW THAT HES ON TOP SO HE KNOWS THAT HES PUTTING HIS A GAME OUT THERE.

randy orton,i think, is the best pure wrestler wwe has.he is naturally talented nd is the most hated yet loved heel rite now nd he was put over both Triple H nd Cena at 'mania.

cena i hate with a passion...he cant wrestle,he brawls..but hes damn entertainin nd can cut a promo perfectly..the women nd children love him, the men boo him.

edge had been wrestling a while but if he gets baq in shape nd goes babyface he should do great.

all the other wrestlers i mentioned have not exactly had there monent yet like the three i mention just now.

I DON'T KNOW IF ANY OF YOU NOTICE THIS, BUT DO U C HOW WE'RE PUSHIN THE OLDER GUYS OUT..WELL IN TEN YEARS THATS GONNA BE CENA AND ORTON AND EDGE AND UNFORTUNATELY THESE WERE THE PPL IVE GROWN UP WATCHING...SO I WATCH RAW OR SMACKDOWN OR ECW IF THAT CRAPHOLE IS STILL AROUND I WILL FEEL THE WAY HBK TAKER AND TRIPLE H FANS FEEL NOW.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back