• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Tragedy on a Bus

Derf

O.M.G.
Before you read this, be warned that the following is a true story, and is very graphic, so if you don't have a good stomach, don't read past this.

So everyone in Canada has heard this story by now. A few days ago, a bus was traveling from Edmonton to Winnipeg (I believe). It was almost to it's destination. On the bus, a young man was listining to his music, sleeping, when the man next to him randomly got up, pulled out a large knife, and stabbed the young man multiple times. At first, other pasengers heard a commotion, thinking it was a fight, then screaming when they realized what happened. The bus was stopped, and people got off. Some people got back on the check on the young man, only to see that the murderer had beheaded the guy. People outside the bus could see this as well. The killer began carving the body up. The helpers got off the bus, and using tools from a truck that had stopped, kept the man inside the bus long enough for cops to arive and arrest him.

Sorry if I mistook any details. But that story breaks my heart. How could someone do somthing so violent, yet so random to a person they don't even know? The man was only 22 years old, and there is no reason he should have died this way. Me and a friend talked about it at work today, and my friend nearly seemed like he was ready to kill that man, and I don't blame him. This is horrible.

Wtf? That dude has alot of rage inside of him, could even be schizo. I don't think anyone in their right mind could do something like that so randomly.

Shit, imagine sitting on a bus, minding your own business, then that happens, my Lord.

I don't know what to say, I've read the story and it seems like the attack was random. I've heard of people doing grizzly things out of spite or for revenge, but this attack seemed unprovoked. The article I read gave me the impression that the killer was quick and robotic in his methods which leads me to believe that the guy was mentally ill.

Ya I saw this on CNN and I'm sick to my stomach...as this is such a disgusting and sickening act.

I'm also surprised that no one attempted to stop the man once he started his attack. I remember a story a few years back about a guy that tried to hijack a metro bus in the Memphis area with a gun. He killed one person and injured a few others, but the some of the other passengers on the bus put their lives on the line and managed to take the guy out before he could do any more damage. It seemed this killer was only armed with a knife and even if he did start swinging it, a man with a knife becomes pretty futile when he's being attacked by 5 other guys that collectively decided to swarm him.

Wow..................................simply wow.......................poor guy........I hope the bastard gets the death penatly.

Idk if there's a death penalty in Canada, but down here he'd get something like 5-10 and "mental evaluations", then he'd be free. To me, if someone does something like that I don't care how many doctors say he's sane, he should never be allowed to be near people as long as he lives.

dude could easily use the insanity plea, and probably will and rightfully so, you can't do something like that and be sane, sane people don't kill at random they need motive, this guy, from what I read had no motive, he just did it, you could argue whether or not killing him would be right though, one one side if you kill him than you can appear to be no better than him, though on the other hand killing him would be about the only sure way to make sure he never gets a chance to do something like this again

dude could easily use the insanity plea, and probably will and rightfully so, you can't do something like that and be sane, sane people don't kill at random they need motive, this guy, from what I read had no motive, he just did it, you could argue whether or not killing him would be right though, one one side if you kill him than you can appear to be no better than him, though on the other hand killing him would be about the only sure way to make sure he never gets a chance to do something like this again

Exactly why I'm for the Death Penalty. It's not like life in prison means actually until the end of your life, which it should. Even those in prison for years and years get days out of prison. It's not safe. Death is the only way to make sure they don't do it again.

If it's in your face obvious that somebody murdered. Then I'm in favour of the death penalty.

However, I don't think someone should be sentenced to death because a lawyer has found a technicality.

Is there a Chit Chat thread on this? If not please make it Becca.

If it's in your face obvious that somebody murdered. Then I'm in favour of the death penalty.

However, I don't think someone should be sentenced to death because a lawyer has found a technicality.

Is there a Chit Chat thread on this? If not please make it Becca.

There is. I made it a while back.

I was just reading on Fox news

On the tape, which lasts about 80 seconds, officers continue to detail the attacker's movements until one reports, "Badger's at the back of the bus, hacking off pieces and eating it."

I just feel for the victims family, the people who watched and this assholes family. Hopefully they can find some sort of peace at some sort of time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back