• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Tournament to Determine Contenders for World Title at No Surrender *spoilers?*

Status
Not open for further replies.

gd

Plump, Juicy User
PREVIEW FOR THURSDAY'S TNA "iMPACT!" ON SPIKE TV AT 9/8c: THE BRACKETS TO DETERMINE THE FINAL 2 SLOTS FOR THE TNA TITLE MATCH AT NO SURRENDER

Below are the brackets to determine the final 2 slots in the 4 Way TNA Title Match at No Surrender. 8 superstars have been randomly selected to compete in two brackets on Thursday's TNA "iMPACT!". The winner of each bracket will advance to the TNA Title Match.

BRACKET 1
“The War Machine” Rhino vs “The Icon” Sting
Hernandez vs Homicide (First time ever)

BRACKET 2
“The Phenomenal” AJ Styles vs Chris Sabin
Suicide vs Doug Williams

There is the preview that TNA has posted for the upcoming tournament that will determine who will joing Kurt Angle and Matt Morgan in the 4 way match at No Surrender for the TNA World Title. The winners of each bracket will included in the match.

From the looks of it, AJ Styles is definetly going to be in the world title match. His bracket is full of a bunch of X-Division guys that have no reason to be anywhere near the World Title.

However, the 1st bracket is much more interesting. Considering Rhino already has a match at No Surrender, I doubt that he will be moving on, and I don't think Hernandez's hot streak is going to come to an end against Homicide. That leaves us with Hernandez v. Sting to determine the final spot in the World Title match.

Hernandez has all of the momentum now, but I'm not sure about having his first title match in a four way. I think that may take away from the significance of the moment. I think Sting will and should be the one to move on, but it'll be interesting to see how TNA would put him over Hernandez. Based on the roll he's been on lately, I would have to think there is no way Sting could go over Hernandez cleanly.

So, what do you think about these matchups? Who do want to see moving on? What do you think will happen?

Looks good, its a tough call.

Your right about AJ, but Sting or Hernandez?

Well Hard Justice was meant to be "Stings last shot" I know TNA aren’t great at keeping their stories together, but that would point to Hernandez. On the flip side why push Hernandez into the title hunt over someone else now, because you can just push him with the Feast or Fired case in a few months, and with Sting off soon maybe they will give him some title matches as a send off.

I guess either way I'll be happy, so I'll just watch it play out. :D

My major problem with this is that it looks like Angle v. Morgan v. Sting v. AJ, and the problem I have with this was why wasn't this the main event last month. You could ahve had AJ get screwed and then have his im gonna quit speech then Sting come out and say you should go back to your roots and have him rip through the X division on his way back to the world title. culminating at bound for glory after a long winning streak. Then have a triple threat this month which culminates in an Angle/Morgan feud for the next couple months and Sting could be working with AJ or mick or something else

in my eyes, the obvious way to get sting past hernandez without hernandez losing some steam is to have someone interfere. all we have to do is look at his first round opponent. remember, homicide was mad at hernandez for helping him out while he was getting beaten down earlier in the year. so i see hernandez beating homicide, then homicide costing him the match against sting. that way sting goes on, and we have a homicide-hernandez grudge match at the ppv

I'm not sure that I'm liking the direction TNA is headed these days, almost like WWE in that the World Title contenders seem to be the same month after month. Of course I could be pleasantly surprised, but I agree with those who say they see AJ and Sting filling out the four-way.

For some reason I see Hernandez loosing to Sting when The world elite interferes because he turned them down on their invite to join. That way it gives Hernandez a push in a way, just by being in the ring one on one with Sting, and having a great match. Then if W/E interfere he isnt getting de-pushed out of the main event scene, he is just getting distracted and can come back anytime he wants with that briefcase. I think that would be smart because although Hernandez is main event material he is not ready to be main event on TNA's version of the grandest stage of them all BFG.

I see AJ and Sting in the four way and possibly setting up something for them to feud at BFG. I know its only too hopeful to see Sting possibly win the title and give AJ a title shot at BFG. This way we can have Kurt and Morgan feud just out of pure hatred and no title involved.

I do agree with the masses in that it will likely be sting/styles/morgan/angle. However I would not be shocked to see Hernandez in the title picture. Yes, I know everyone says that he's not ready, just like everyone was saying the same thing about CM Punk a few months ago and he's currently the most intriguing character on WWE TV in my opinion. Hernandez has the ability to shock people. If this option played out, I could also see Doug Williams getting the other shot. Otherwise you are looking at 3 faces and one heel. I could see them giving the shot to Williams to try to even it out thus also adding in elements of "will hernandez join forces with world elite?" and "will world elite and MEM work together?"

Regardless of who wins however, I feel Angle needs to walk out champion. Right now, Angle/Morgan/MEM is the most compelling storyline on TNA and they need to cash in at BFG.

It wouldn't have worked to do the fatal four way last month. You needed AJ Styles to lose clean in that best of 3 series in order to complete Matt Morgan's push to the main event.

Styles and Sting will almost definitely be the winners. I can see Hernandez being cost the match against Sting by the World Elite, leading to a Hernandez v. Eric Young (or somebody else) match at the PPV.

I think the Sting "last title match" thing was his last title shot he would be handed out clean. Beating two guys in a tournament to earn a shot at the title doesn't count.

Right now they are building up Matt Morgan in the title picture, they are building up Supermax, and I think this angle with AJ is going to build him back into the main event. There are three new main event players there that will make the title picture a little more fresh.

I am glad that Chris Sabin was put in this tourney, because it symbolizes that better days lie in the near future for the greatest tag team not made up of main eventers. As for him going to the title match over AJ Styles, or even Suicide, I can only hope but by no means do I anticipate it. AJ Styles deserves a fued outside of a title match, maybe against eric young, because BFG is gonna be Matt Morgan and Kurt Angle one on one by the looks of it.

I really feel AJ Styles and Sting will win their brackets and proceed into the four way at No Surrender. There might be some controversial finish which would heighten the Sting/Styles match likely to be between them at Bound For Glory.

I'm also looking forward to seeing AJ Styles v Chris Sabin which will be a good all round x division match.

Most defenitely AJ and Sting will win their brackets.....Whoever wins at No Surrender, will still have to deal with Hernandez and AJ & Sting will do the Flair/Micheals retirement match...

I hope TNA goes for the complete surprise here and have:

“The War Machine” Rhino defeats “The Icon” Sting
Homicide defeats Hernandez
Chris Sabin defeats “The Phenomenal” AJ Styles
Doug Williams defeats Suicide

From there:

Homicide defeats “The War Machine” Rhino
Doug Williams defeats Chris Sabin

This will give us a Super Fresh Main Event, but I digress. I guess the favorites are going to face Kurt and Matt. It’ll just be the predictable Hard Justice Rematch + A. J. Styles at No Surrender. Oh well!! That’ll do.

Interesting. So TNA is having two different tournaments going on right now(this and the knockout tag one). Personally I love tournaments so I enjoy this idea.

Although this does seem pretty predictable, I still think it's going to be good. Homicide vs. Hernandez has never been done, and I think this could possibly the match of the tournament. I'm really looking forward to that one.

And although it's pretty obvious that Styles is winning his bracket, it's still nice that X guys like Sabin, Suicide, and Doug Williams get the opportunity to be in this. I'm thinking Sting will win his side, just so it can set up a possible Sting/Styles match at BFG. Hernandez is the other option, but right now I think TNA want's to build his mainevent push slowly and take their time grooming him.

I'd enjoy this if I thought there was even a decent chance of TNA throwing a bit of a swerve in at least one of these matches and someone unexpected head into the title match at No Surrender. But, I don't see it happening. Hope I'm wrong though.

Sting is the obvious favorite to win the first bracket, but I hope Hernandez winds up taking it. Sting is supposedly retiring soon anyhow, so I don't really have any desire to see him in the world title picture at all. Plus, it'd be a nice little rub for Supermex.

Styles is also obviously going to win his bracket. Chris Sabin has barely worked a match on TNA in more than a month, and when he does it's in a handicap match with Alex Shelly against Abyss, in which they get beaten. Suicide just returned recently, and there's also been no build up for him regarding this so he's almost certainly not going to win it. Doug Williams, same story. Basically all the guys in Bracket 2 are, in this situation, filler for Styles as there's almost no way he's going to lose.

As I said, I'm hoping for at least some sort of upset. Otherwise, these matches, which look pretty predictable on the surface and given the way things just generally are on Impact right now, don't really hold all that interest for me.

I think World Elite will interfere in Hernandez v Homicide possibly taking Super Mex's shot...I wonder if Homicide will join WE

yeah it looks pretty obvious that aj will be in it, but im actually quite intrigued with the other bracket, it looks like hernandez vs sting, but who wins i have no clue, or how tna would do it. I would prefer to see hernandez rather than sting in their but i see sting being in their and somehow costing aj the title so they can fued up to bound for glory

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back