• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Tough Enough or Enough Already

OldSchoolWrestlingFan

Pre-Show Stalwart
I finally set down and watched tough enough for the first time and was utterly confused by what I saw ~ I see people dressed like fire fighters carrying a fire hose, etc.....REALLY!!?:banghead: The longer I watched the more confused/angry I got ~ I know in my heart that Vince could care less about wrestling but what in the hell does the way a man carries a hose have to do with anything about being on WWE television ~ by the end of the show I made up my mind that this show has absolutely nothing to do with finding the next great in ring talent and has everything to do with finding the next entertainer/movie star.

So my question is: Do you like Tough Enough are are you already saying Enough Already!?

Ive had enough of "reality" shows since The Real World. I guess if the network needs more content then its a good thing...but if its another show on USA...I probably wont waste my space on my dvr.

What happened with the winner of the last Tough Enough? Last I saw he got the stunner and was left looking at the lights.

What about that guy from the first season..,wasnt it Maven? Only thing I remember from his "career" was eliminating Undertaker from the Royal Rumble. If nothing ever happens with these stars why in the fuck should we continue to care about this bullshit show??

Just my $.02

I said enough already fifteen minutes into episode one.

With the WWE Network, three hour Raws, two hour Smackdowns, and the monthly Pay-Per-Views I really don't see how anyone can remain enthralled with the current product on a consistent basis. While some WWE viewers would do well not to overanalyze every segment, the WWE viewing experience gets overwhelming quickly. This is especially true for fans with other interests outside of WWE, and adult fans with families to support.

Enough already. There is nothing that happens on Tough Enough that I cannot check out some version of on YouTube. I'm not going to commit more time to WWE programming because well, healthy living requires me to be more well-rounded than that.

TBH i watch it.... and I checked out as far as a competition where we would find the next big superstar and started watching it for what it is .... a reality competition where the winner will be the most popular instead of the one better suited for the job.

As far as the importance of Tough Enough... well the winners are getting contracts to NXT and they last like 3 years? so the winners and those who impressed during the competition could become in faces we see in the next few years in NXT

Also, theres Daniel Bryan bringing in the entertainment as far as I like to hear his story and how it applies on what he looks forward in the competitors.... Paige is just a biased Bully, Hulk was a mark for the big body builders and now the Miz is seriously trolling everyone.... its great in a so bad its good reality tv show way

I finally set down and watched tough enough for the first time and was utterly confused by what I saw ~ I see people dressed like fire fighters carrying a fire hose, etc.....REALLY!!

Tough Enough follows the basic formula for reality based competition shows. You will see "real life" interactions, material directly related to shows purpose and competitions loosely based around the overall agenda. In the case of the Firefighter Challenge it fits the formula as the point was to teach and demonstrate the weeks overall theme, teamwork. As in life there is much to be larned from tasks that on the surface have little to do main objective. If someone didn't enjoy it, obviously you didn't, that's another conversation but it did make sense within the shows structure.

It's teaching them to work hard, every challenge they do has a reason behind it. It's a reality show, everything about it. If you don't like reality television Tough Enough is not for you.

I haven't seen one episode this season. Reality shows just aren't for me, especially considering none of the past winners have had any success in WWE.

I watch it, but am growing weary of it. It's focus on non-wrestling oriented training and popularity driven fan voting is absurd. Two guys who were damned solid in-ring and on the mic were sent packing in favor of less talented but more popular contestants. How in the hell is ZZ still there? Not because of his size, but because of his lack of talent and dearth of will to learn. He should be gone, but apparently some fans like him and so keep voting out actual talent. It calls into question the way some fans go nutzo for one guy in WWE, but shit on another.

I finally set down and watched tough enough for the first time and was utterly confused by what I saw ~ I see people dressed like fire fighters carrying a fire hose, etc.....REALLY!!?:banghead: The longer I watched the more confused/angry I got ~ I know in my heart that Vince could care less about wrestling but what in the hell does the way a man carries a hose have to do with anything about being on WWE television ~ by the end of the show I made up my mind that this show has absolutely nothing to do with finding the next great in ring talent and has everything to do with finding the next entertainer/movie star.

So my question is: Do you like Tough Enough are are you already saying Enough Already!?

Slightly off topic, I have always thought, especially in the late 80's-early 90's, when it was gimmicks galore, that one gimmick they should have had was a fireman.

He could be called "The Firefighter" and be involved in a lot of Inferno and Ladder Matches. One of his moves would be the "Fireman's Carry". Surprised Vince never put that gimmick on someone.

Ive had enough of "reality" shows since The Real World. I guess if the network needs more content then its a good thing...but if its another show on USA...I probably wont waste my space on my dvr.

What happened with the winner of the last Tough Enough? Last I saw he got the stunner and was left looking at the lights.

What about that guy from the first season..,wasnt it Maven? Only thing I remember from his "career" was eliminating Undertaker from the Royal Rumble. If nothing ever happens with these stars why in the fuck should we continue to care about this bullshit show??

Just my $.02

I heavily rated Maven at the time, as he had the look, the charisma and did some moves very well (he had a very good dropkick). There was a night on Raw, where he was guest GM for the night, and I thought he could have been a huge star. It was when Bischoff allowed Jericho, Benoit, Maven and Orton to run Raw for a month, with each taking turns for a week. I thought Maven shone on his night, and it could have made him.

The main event that night was to be Maven versus Triple H, and it teased all night that Maven might join Evolution, as Triple H had invited him to. Jericho, Benoit and Orton tried to talk him out of it.

So, the match happened, Triple H won, but Maven didn't turn on his friends and join Evolution, as I expected.

If they had made it Maven join Evolution, I think he would have been more successful, since he could have feuded with Jericho, Benoit and Orton, and then have Triple H turn on him, and they feud. He could have been an upper-midcarder at least.

But I think I heard that Triple H buried him, like he did to a lot of up and coming talent then, because Maven was too popular (apparently Maven got a lot of fan mail, much of it from women). I think if someone like Maven was in NXT or "Tough Enough" today, Triple H would be behind him more.

Also, Maven beat the Undertaker for the Hardcore belt (Taker doesn't just put over anybody).

Honestly, the only people worth watching on that show are Mada, Josh, Daria, and maybe Patrick, the rest are absolute trash, Tanner has the personality of a Door Knob, GiGi and Amanda are fake sl*ts who couldn't do crap in main roster, Sara is a talent less horse, and please don't get me started on ZZ, sure this guy was funny but god is he a childish goof, Mada was really the perfect candidate to be a winner but i'll settle for Josh. If it was up to the fans ZZ and Sara would win and become the world greatest Jobbers. I truly hope Mada, Patrick and Josh get signed they're great especially Mada.

Tough Enough is a reality show that gives 2 people a chance to try and make it in the WWE. The fireman episode was teaching them about teamwork. Mada and Patrick along with Chelsea should not have been eliminated but the fans are getting to choose who stays. In the past the Miz finished runner up and he made it, Maven was decent for a while. Mada and Patrick will get there shot and Josh will win he is Vince's favorite. Just watch it for what it is, just like Total Diva's it is fun.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back