• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Total Nonstop Hogan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slyfox696

Excellence of Execution
This was rumored to have been done a few years ago. TNA hires Hulk Hogan. TNA shot footage for a Hulk Hogan debut, and I believe even aired a commercial with Hulk Hogan on it.

With that being said, TNA needs to open up the wallet, and book Hulk Hogan for a couple of months. And then advertise the ever living hell out of it. Yes, he's old and past his prime, but he still is the most recognizable wrestling face in the history of the business. No one is as recognized as Hulk Hogan, and no one has the power to turn a company around like Hulk Hogan does.

TNA wouldn't need Hogan for a long time. Just a few months. Just to really get their name out there, and to plaster Hogan's face all over every thing they do. The man is a true legend, and while no one is saying that TNA would jump from a 1.0 to 4.0 in ratings, or immediately triple the buy rates, it would be just another step in TNA showing the wrestling world they mean business.

I remember watching TV years ago and seeing commercials for the weekly TNA PPV shows. And I would never really pay attention..until I saw Sting on there. At that point, I noted the company name and the fact they had Sting. I knew that at some point I had to check it out. Then they went on FSN, without Sting, but with AJ Styles, and from that point on I was hooked.

This is what they need Hulk Hogan for. They need Hogan to make fans just give them a shot. So open up the wallet TNA, and bring in Hulk Hogan.

Hogan gets money, TNA gets noticed, and the fans get Hogan. Everyone wins.

So, let's pretend it did happen, and TNA signed Hulk Hogan. How would you use him? Who would you put him against?

Rumoured Sly? I've seen the footage of it. They even had some in the Bound For Glory promo video last year ("They all dream to be... the next... HULK HOGAN"). I suppose I'm getting distracted.

I swear you're not even trying any more.

Anyway, how would I use Hogan? This is easy. I'd give him the title in his first three months in the company. Feed him Joe, Angle and Jarrett. It won't make them look bad at all - I mean, he's beaten, like, fucking everybody. Make him look unstoppable. For the middle stint, give him guys like Cage and Jarrett (again) to have matches with; I think they'd have much better chemistry than Angle would. Hell, even chuck Booker and Styles in there with him if you feel like, though I'd be reluctant to do that with Styles.

Noticed one name I haven't mentioned yet? I know you have Sly. Sting. Instant Bound For Glory main event. If Joe loses to Sting it'd give it even more of a big money match. Sting never loses as BFG. Hogan never loses. The history which everyone is at least vaguely familiar with. The disappointing match. The feud just writes itself. Instant profile raising.

Oh, and you can even bring back the Warrior if you find a way too. Hogan/Warrior "II" would get interest despite how appalling the resulting match would be.

Rumoured Sly? I've seen the footage of it. They even had some in the Bound For Glory promo video last year ("They all dream to be... the next... HULK HOGAN"). I suppose I'm getting distracted.

I swear you're not even trying any more.
No, I know they have footage of Hogan in the TNA vault. The Jarrett guitar shot has been played repeatedly.

But Hulk Hogan has never appeared on a TNA card. And THAT'S what I'm talking about.

Noticed one name I haven't mentioned yet? I know you have Sly. Sting. Instant Bound For Glory main event. If Joe loses to Sting it'd give it even more of a big money match. Sting never loses as BFG. Hogan never loses. The history which everyone is at least vaguely familiar with. The disappointing match. The feud just writes itself. Instant profile raising.
I love this idea, and hadn't even thought of it. Sting vs. Hogan...I know I'd pay for Bound for Glory. It'd be off the charts.

Oh, and you can even bring back the Warrior if you find a way too. Hogan/Warrior "II" would get interest despite how appalling the resulting match would be.
Hogan and Warrior have already had a 2 and a 3 I believe.

No, I know they have footage of Hogan in the TNA vault. The Jarrett guitar shot has been played repeatedly.

But Hulk Hogan has never appeared on a TNA card. And THAT'S what I'm talking about.

But you didn't say about a card. I just checked. Honest I did.

I love this idea, and hadn't even thought of it. Sting vs. Hogan...I know I'd pay for Bound for Glory. It'd be off the charts.

I do try. It's not like I thought "Hmm, who in TNA has an obvious history with Hogan?". No, took lots of deliberation.

Hogan and Warrior have already had a 2 and a 3 I believe.

Hence why I put "II" in quote marks. TNA would sell it as the rematch to that match, even though it'd have been done twice before. You can't really blame them. I'd honestly watch this match.

To begin with, I remember Hogan Warrior 2, but not 3. Where did that match take place at? Not saying it didn't happen, just haven't heard of it.

This is a very interesting question. What should TNA do with Hulk Hogan? While I like the idea of Sting and Hogan, I'd have to say no to it. While it'd be probably the biggest match they could do, the fact is its been done in WCW and neither man is what they used to be. Don't get me wrong, it would draw and it would draw huge, but its not what I would do.

This is what I would do. I would keep Hogan away from nearly every established star. To begin with, I'd have him there approximately 6 months, but a bit longer would be fine. The key to this run to me is don't keep him with one guy more than a month at a time. Keep the feuds going so he doesn't overshadow anyone for too long. The first person I'd put him with is Abyss. This is Hogan's bread and butter. Against a big, strong monster. You know the drill: Total dominance, Black Hole Slam, kickout, initiate punch sequence, win, crowd goes nuts as the posing begins.

After that, I'd go with Booker. These guys have never had a match that I remember. Itd be a nice nostalgia match: Old WCW vs. the final big star of WCW. Then move him on to Angle. They've feuded before. Have Angle mention how he made Hogan tap before. Put them at a big PPV and put Hogan over again. Next, Jeff Jarrett. The guitar shot, the Bash at the Beach incident, the history is more than there, and to my knowledge they've never had the big match. Jarrett runs the company and is semi retired anyway. A loss to the biggest name ever won't hurt him.

Then I put Hogan with Sting. The story is there, I won't waste your time saying it all again. Hogan wins.

Now, for the final Hogan match in TNA. This is the one I'm going to get heat over, but to me there is one perfect name to get this win: Matt Morgan. TNA has been going insane trying to put this guy over as the future, but he is average at best no matter how hard he tries. You put him in the ring on PPV against Hogan, have him kick out of the legdrop and use the Hellevator on Hogan and pin him clean and Hogan disappears from TNA, tell me that's not the rub of the century. It worked for Brock Lesnar in WWE, it could work for Morgan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back