• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Torry Holt on the IR, is this it for him?

Torry Holt just got put on the IR by the Pats for a knee injury. He's due to go into surgery later this week, and I don't think he will play for them. Their WR core is stacked, and he was brought in due to injury... but their injuries have cleared up.

All that being said, do you think he's gonna call it quits after 12 NFL seasons, or will he come back?

I think that he will more than likely retire. He's not as good as he used to be, and he's getting up there in age. This injury will be a huge factor in it too, I just don't think a guy his age will be able to recover that fast and be able to be a factor for some NFL team.

He may try a comeback with some team next year but there is no guarantee that he will make a team or be able to stay healthy. He is currently 34 so he'd be 35 trying to make an NFL team after missing an entire season with an injury. Holt has fallen off somewhat the last couple years but was still capable of being a 2nd or 3rd option depending on the team. This injury is a big set back and could definitely spell the end of his career.

I feel really bad for Holt. I'm from St. Louis so I had the pleasure of seeing him during the Greatest Show on Turf days with Isaac Bruce, Marshall Faulk, and Kurt Warner. As much as this pains me to say, I think it is time for Torry to hang 'em up. He's older, been beat up a few years as pretty much the only weapon on the Rams offense, and now has a serious knee injury. I'd say the debate we should be having here isn't whether or not he's done, because I'm pretty sure he is, instead we should be debating if he is a lock for the Hall-of-Fame or not.

Holt will get into the Hall eventually. It will take a few years as receivers very rarely get in right away. Art Monk had to wait multiple years and Chris Carter is currently in that same boat. Unless your name is Jerry Rice you should expect to wait a little bit. He'll make it close to the final ballot for a few years and will eventually get a spot. He definitely deserves it as he had a great career.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back