Top UFC Fighter Undergoes Successful 8-Hour Brain Surgery

Safari.GFX

Rehabilitated
UFC Welterweight fighter Thiago Alvez successfully underwent an 8-hour brain operation at a New York City hostpial today, according to TMZ.com.
The operation was to separate an artery from a vein in his brain. Alvez was scheduled to fight at last weekend's UFC 111 pay-per-view, but was forced to pull out of the fight after a CT scan of his brain discovered the issue that led to today's rugery.

UFC President Dana White told Dana White that the operation was a "complete success."

The Pitbull's first words after getting out of surgery ... "When can I start training again?"

Alvez will be in ICU for the next two days and is expected to make a full recovery and be training again in a month or so.
------------------------------------------------
Damn! I hope he gets back into the octagon soon. I would give up on fighting after that, what do you think? Would you quit?​

No i wouldn't quit if the doctor said that i could fight again and be ok and if i truly loved to fight then i would be back in the Octagon again doing what i love just because you have a setback or a scary moment that doesn't mean you should give up doing what you love.

Well I guess you wouldn't be a true warrior like MMA fighters, this was considered a minor surgery so there would be no reason to compete again! Ill admit any brain procedure would be scary but this just doesn't seem enough to make me give up my passion and bread maker. Plus with not being able to spar for only a few weeks defintely wouldn't have me deterrred from giving it up either, if the docs said I would have to wait for an extended amount of time then maybe I'd have second thoughts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back