• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Top 5 WWE Wrestlers Today

MinistryofDeath89

CM Perfection
Never simple who do u think is the Top 5 WWE wrestlers today in the WWE example why they are your Top 5. In my opinion My number 1 would be Cm Punk but thats just my opinion, but has a wrestling fan im going to have to be truth and say.....

5. Alberto Del Rio ( He has the look, size and he's brilliant in the ring great proformer in the ring, the only thing thats letting him down is his mic skills he's best on the mic and he's not the worst on the mic. But i think his look and in ring abailty gets him by)

4. Sheamus ( Sheamus is the total package size, height , the look , and good on the mic, He's properly 2nd top face on the smackdown roster today.)

3. Randy Orton ( Even do randy orton isn't great on the mic and he is a pretty borning champ, he's one of the best in ring performers in the company today he can but on a good match and does well against anyone in the ring)

2. Cm Punk ( In my opinion the best dame wrestler today in the WWE. Brilliant mic skills, Brilliant in the ring and can entertain a crowd either on the mic or wrestling in the ring)

1. John Cena ( As everyone know's John Cena is the Top wrestler of the company, he gets mixed crowd reactions all the time and some say he's the hulk hogan of today.. He's great on the mic but in my honest opinion he just bores the hell out of me in the ring same moves, same taunts every 5 mins same bullshit. But still remains the number 1 wrestler in the company today)

So who is your Top 5 wrestlers in the WWE today and why???:lmao:

5. Daniel Bryan - This pick is based more on technical ability and potential than anything else, Mr Money in the Bank, the indy kid that could, in the "main event" of Wrestlemania.

4. Sheamus - Pure gold at the moment. Having great matches, puts on entertaining promos and can seemingly work with anyone. Would like to see him feud with Henry for the title rather than Orton.

3. Randy Orton - As stated, boring as hell on the mic, helps with insomnia though, bonus points for Orton. On the other side, Orton is putting in some phenomenal in ring performances and hopefully he can step down from the main event for a while. Would love to see him and Bryan go at it.

2. CM Punk - Pulled off the OMG moment of this era with his now infamous promo. Pulled off a 5* classic with Cena. Has developed his character again and again over the time hes been there to always stay relevant and if finally getting the recognition he deserves.

1. Zack Ryder - This isnt a mark out thing or anything and im by no means saying hes the best in the ring or on the mic. But this guy has gone so far and beyond what anyone else has done to get himself over. He ate a pedigree after Raw on monday and i would say that HHH getting involved in his youtube show this week is a glowing endorsement.

Honorable mentions to HHH and Cena, both of whom have been on fire recently but lets face it these guys are gonna be on pretty much every list ever made between them so i wanted to mix it up a bit :)

5.(Dolph Ziggler) Well rounded wrestler that puts on great matches and can sell a move!

4.(Zack Ryder) Got a great gimmick/character

3.(Daniel Bryan) Maybe not the most greatest on mic work but makes up alot of it with superb technical skills that make him look like the PG version of Chris Benoit also his Acrobatic Skills ain't to bad either.

2.(Tyson Kidd) The Guy is probably the most underrated as of right now in WWE Programming. What can i say this guy is the total package! Give him a great gimmick and you got a great mid card title holder for years to come.

1.(CM Punk) The guy came back with a great new well "Personality" and shocked the WWE Universe to where people were invested in the story line! Now that the whole Cena Fued is over he still has one of the best mic skills of WWE Today. And still performs at a high caliber level. either way the Guy is a future hall of famer, at any time, story line, or fued he makes you interested in it!.

(Honorable Mentions) Christian,Cody Rhodes,Jack Swagger,Wade Barret and Evan Bourne

I Agree with you about Orton,Sheamus
4100517102_36160cdca2.jpg

5) Christian, he's consistently putting on great matches and is a key part of pretty much every show. Not a huge fan of his cowardly heel act but he's important at the moment.

4) Sheamus, also putting on great matches at the moment and he's on fire. WWE actually appear to be taking their time with him at the moment and I think he'll eventually be the one that takes Henry down.

3) Henry, the best run of his career at the moment and he's one of the only heels on the roster who actually comes across as a legitimate bad ass. Fantastic job done in building him up as well.

2) Cena, the top dog constantly, he's dull as fuck at the moment but you can't talk about the top 5 in the WWE without him being there.

1) Punk, his storylines got a bit screwed up but he's never once put in a bad performance despite that. This year he's had great matches, fantastic promos and there is not much he hasn't done right. The fact he's now selling the most merch as well means he's now basically being primed to be the top dog for a while yet.

Honorable mentions: Ziggler and Rhodes

5- Drew Mcintyre: Officially right now, he pretty much in the same league as Yoshi Tatsu and Tyson Kidd and to me that a same because the guy is a probably one of the best all around heel in the company. The guy can talk and he a really talented wrestler. The only reason he's number 5 on my list is because he not use really well right now.

4. Wade Barrett: Yet another guy that can talk and be a great heel that the WWE doesn'T use properly. The guy is a main eventer waiting to happen and why he's not at the top of the card right now is beyond me.

3. Daniel Bryan: Mr Money in the bank, really doesn'T look like it these days but he i'm guessing he going to get momentum really soon. The guy a great wrestlers but need a personality to really connect with the fan.

2. C.M. Punk: The guy really can do no wrong in my eyes right now. He'S probably the greatest talker in the business today and he reminds me of Chris JEricho both as a wrestler and an entertainer.

1. Sheamus: Sheamus is my number simply because he's was able to adapt when out of the blue, he became a Babyface. I always thought the guy had potential but lately he 's showing me that he deserve to be in the main event picture.

I had a couple more guy that i could have put in the top 5, Guys like Cody Rhodes, Mark Henry, Sin Cara 1 & 2, Zach Ryder & randy Orton but in the end, the guys i choose to but in there were there mostly because they are my favorite guys on the rosters right now and some of them deserve better that what they are getting right now.

5) Cody Rhodes: he was that "janetty" of legacy, they really didn't expect him to make anything out of his "dashing" gimmick... it was gold. now that he is "disfigured", he maybe doing the best job overall, so far.
4) The Miz: again the "janetty" of the team...not in the title picture but still great at what he does. "fired" and still part of the big picture.
3) CM Punk: everything he does is gold, i just wish they would understand how to push him correctly.
2) John Cena: the man... plain and simple!
1) Sheamus: i look forward to seeing him more than anyone right now, he is almost the perfect wrestler/superstar right now. he is filling a need for mid-under main card status, but will be the champ again, very soon.
honorable mentions: d. bryan, zack ryder, kane (my all time favorite), christain, randy orton, mark henry (just because he is top dog on smackdown), and dolph ziggler... he is just great all around

5. Mark Henry-He definitley proved me wrong. I thought the guy was waaaaaay past his time for a title reign but to me he's doing a pretty good job.
4. John Cena-He's obviously the key of the big angles there putting on in WWE right now so he's gotta be on this list somewhere. Not saying his matches are amazing buuuut u know.
3.Randy Orton- It's amazing how much of Orton's heel goes into his face personality. His matches have been great and he's one of the main reason why I watch Smackdown.
2.Cody Rhodes-I'm looking foward to a great WM match from him going into this year. He's one of the few people that can provide an interesting personality an good matches to go along with it.
1.CM Punk-Punk's the main reason why wrestling is exciting to watch for me. The whole thing going on with him back in the summer left me wanting more. I think he's set the WWE back in a good direction.

5. Zack Ryder - I rarely ever get behind a guy in wrestling, i tend to just go with the flow and try enjoy the match for what it is but man im always rooting for zack. The guy just comes off as such a loveable loser and i really do believe that backstage HHH and the like just hate the fact they have been forced to push him thanks to his popularity. He is also pretty damn good in the ring.

4. The Miz - What can i say, I'm a die hard mizfit! The guy has came so damn far and improved so much over a few years and proved everybody wrong. He gets nothing but respect from me for that. He can hold his own with the best talkers ever and although he is not outstanding in the ring, he is slowly and surely getting better and better.

3. John Cena - I was once a hater, im glad to say i have opened my eyes and realised just how good this guy is. In the ring, on the stick and everything else he does he puts all of his heart into it and quite frankly he is one of the best "Wrestlers" in the world today.

2. CM Punk - Been following him since 2001 in his IWA:MS days and i dont think i have ever seen him get no reaction out of any crowd he has performed in front of. I juist have a bucket load of respect for the guy. I dont think he is as good in the ring as everybody makes out but still he is awesome.

1. Dolph Ziggler - He is simply the greatest man to ever walk the face of the earth! In the ring he is unique and always delivers no matter what. On the mic, He is untouchable if given freedom, However at the moment WWE do not give him that freedom. Anybody ever seen his segment on Ztruelongislandstory? That is what heel promos should be! The next big thing! #HEEL

Honourable mentions...Daniel Bryan, Randy Orton, Christian, Mark Henry and Cody Rhodes.

5.cm punk right now hes the best in ring perfomer and has the best mic skills period. 4. the undertaker just because of his streak. 3.one of my favs:worship:wade barrett hes amazing on the mic and even better in the ring. hes a former bare knukle champion. and imo the future of wwe.your either wade barrett or your nothing more than a mindless ferret. 2. randy orton yeah his charather is a little stale but hes great in the ring and that rko can hit from any where. 1. its drumroll please of course its john cena hes great on the mic when he puts in the effort and tries and has great matchs when he tries and lets face it the kids love him. imo. please don't hate on me i'm only 15teen and again imo thanks.

5) Cody Rhodes, hes been on a role since WM 27 season and is taking the ball and running with it. He's the future of the wwe
4) Sheamus, as a face or heel he's good either way hes a great wrestler and is also the future along with rhodes.
3) Orton, i would say orton is number 4 but hes been in wwe since 2003 hes brought himself up as a little punk to one of the top 3 faces of the WWE. Wish he was a heel but oh well maybe eventually again..
2) John cena, he is the face of wwe right now but not for long. Hes a great wrestler and gets over with the crowd(the kids, girls, ******s) I dont like his character but i respect what he's done for the wwe.
1) CM punk- He's been on a role since the summer of punk which has changed his character who was the top heel last year heading into royal rumble. and is now the top face right now. Hes speaks his mind and bakcs it up in the ring. and he is also not finished in the WWE by any chance. Im just waiting to see another one of his epic promos with breaking the fourth wall.

5. Sheamus - He has the look, he's great on the mic and solid in the ring, what more can you ask for? They should've made him the monster that they've made Mark Henry but unfortunately they made him a coward so I guess they're making up for it with a face turn.

4. Christian - Still the most underrated talent on the roster, Christian hasn't wrestled a bad match since coming back in 2009 and he's been almost flawless on the mic, yet WWE continues to book him as a weak whining bitch who floats into the main event but doesn't stay there.

3. CM Punk - Currently the most interesting person in the WWE (in my opinion) and quite undisputedly the best mic worker in the business today. His size and style kind of turn me away from his matches but this guy is riveting and can put on a classic.

2. Randy Orton - Orton has probably been the most consistent in-ring performer in 2011 but we don't realize because he's basically all alone on the blue brand. No one sells better IMO and he's more over than almost everyone else on the roster. Please change his gimmick because he sucks on the mic when he's the happy face, bring back the sadistic one man dynasty so he can thrive on the mic again.

1. John Cena - If we're trying to be unbiased (like the OP was) I don't see why anyone could be #1 on anyone's list besides John Cena. He is and has been the most over guy on the roster for the last 5 years. Solid on the mic, underrated in the ring, and is pretty exciting despite his staleness.

Okay..erm...

The Top 5, I think is...
5) Undertaker - [Stays at top even though he only wrestles twice a year]
4) Orton - [Over with fans]
3) HHH - [Got Power]
2) Punk - [Over with fans]
1) Cena - [Sales]

Now... MY top 5...

5) Jack Swagger [But... only when they let him wrestle: Swagger is the only Pure bred WRESTLER WWE has on its roster. He can't talk for shit].

4) Cody Rhodes [He can wrestle and talk - He always makes something good out of whatever nonsense he's given to work with and makes it special].

3) Jericho [Can wrestle and talk - I'm never bored when I watch him, but his day has been].

2) Daniel Bryan Danielson [Best WRESTLER in the company].

1) Punk [All round can wrestle and talk - I'm never bored when I watch him].

5 - Dolph Ziggler - This guy is just awesome when it comes to in ring skills. He's a great talent.. And if he can go ahead and have some 4 star matches while still being in the midcard then I see some 5 star matches in his future if he even makes the full move to the main event scene. He's getting really better and better on the mic. He's finally over with the crowd. All he needs right now is to really establish his character. And what better place to do it than the upper midcard?

4 - Randy Orton - I don't like Orton. But if I'm gonna be unbiased then I have to put him on my list if we're talking about overall. Orton is very good in the ring and he's over with the crowd. His problem? Mark Henry is a bigger draw than him, Christian is a bigger draw than him. HEEL CHAMPIONS are bigger draws than him. That's not so good if you wanna be a top face in the WWE. His other problem is he can't work the mic well with his current character. But overall I guess he'd make my list because of his in ring talent and the reactions the crowd gives him.

3 - Sheamus - In my opinion the most talented big man on the roster along with Jack Swagger. Sheamus can flat out go in the ring despite his size. He can have great matches with just about anyone. And he has perfect timing. He's pretty over with the crowd, good on the mic, and has a great unique look. So Sheamus is just pretty much the full package.

2 - John Cena - Again I'm trying to be unbiased. So Cena just has to make my list. He can actually go in the ring, great on the mic, super over with the crowd, and is the second top seller right now apparently. Cena has pulled good matches with guys like Orton and Punk but I think his ultimate test was Alberto Del Rio. Del Rio has just made the move onto the main even scene. There was no way he could carry Cena. And they had a great solid match back at Summerslam. I think Cena is one of the best overall wrestlers in the world today. The guy is a very hard worker.

1 - CM Punk - That's right.. Not only is he great in the ring, even greater on the mic, and super over with the crowd. But he sells merchandise. His T-Shirt is the top seller right now. He even surpassed Cena in terms of selling merchandise. Now I've liked Punk since day 1 but he has really proved himself over the years as one of the best wrestlers in the world. It was with his 2009 heel turn where he really showed off what he can do on the mic and I became an even bigger Punk fan. Right now I truly believe that he's the best the WWE has to offer.

Top 5 WWE Wrestlers

1. John Cena - The face of the WWE. He will still remain in the top spot for a couple of years unless WWE decides to turn him heel.
2. CM Punk - The hottest commodity in the WWE right now. He's on his way to steal the top spot from Super Cena. Give him the whole year to prove his worth. The no. 1 merchandise seller will take the number 1 spot before the year ends.
3. Randy Orton - The biggest star in Smackdown. He will continue to be among the Top 3 Wrestlers as long as they keep him in Smackdown. He's one of the few guys who's getting one of the biggest pops everytime he comes out (Next to CM Punk and Cena).
4. Alberto Del Rio - Being groomed to be the next big star. He's beginning to get more heat each time he comes out. His in-ring work gives credibility to his run as champion. Give him more time at the mic and I'm sure he'll get used to it and become one of the best heels in Wrestling today.
5. Sheamus - Great wrestling skills + Improving Mic skills = Entertaining Performer.

Honorable Mention:
1. Cody Rhodes
2. Dolph Ziggler
3. Mark Henry

I am basing my picks mostly on in ring ability, ability to carry matches and make your opponent look like gold, and entertainment value.

5. Cody Rhodes- By far the best IC champion since the departure of Jericho, and the best overall mid card talent in WWE. His matches are excellent, and he can go in the ring with anybody. Cody will be WHC sooner than later.

4. Dolph Ziggler- The man is Mr. Intensity out of everybody in the group. He has a puro style about him, that makes his matches look credible. Every "show piece" match Dolph has had since his "IC title push" have been stellar, but his character still lacks "it".

3. Daniel Bryan- The overall best technical wrestler in WWE today. His style of MMA, may wrestling and high flying is really something to see. Almost every single D Bryan match is watchable, and he even made Miz look credible. However, he still needs some growth in the character deparment.

2. Christian- Smooth and sleek, just like how Booker T would say. The man gave Orton the best match he has had in years, and can make anybody look like a million dollars. Ever since his ECW Championship runs, Christian has been making superstars look better than they could ever be. To me, he is the most entertaining man on SD!

1. Randy Orton- Like Bret said "He knows how to execute". Orton's wrestling rebirth this year has been something to see. People blast on his ability, but he can do it all. Orton is the only man in WWE to wrestle his style with everybody, meaning opponents have to adjust their style to accommodate Orton's. That is not a bad thing, Orton has the entire package, more so than anybody in WWE. From his snake like pacing, or his Orton Stomps everything he does has meaning.

*Btw, ADR, Punk, Miz, Kofi and a few others are completely over rated. Hell, Miz is a liability in ring, lol*

#5. John Morrison, I just see so much potential if he is given the proper angle. He`s got the looks, the in ring ability, over with the fans. Mic skills are weak but I think a heel turn could help his career big time.

4. Dolph Ziggler, Like Morrison, I see so much potential for this guy. He has the looks, the in ring ability, the attitude for a great heel. I think he just needs to garner more heat on his on instead of depending too much on Vicky. I can see him in the main event scene with in the next year.

3. Cody Rhodes, He is bringing back respect for the INC. title. He has a great character, he has mic skills, in ring ability, and an intense demeener that I haven`t seen with many of the newer guys in a while. I think he needs an epic feud for the INC. before he can jump to the main event level but I`m sure he`ll get there sooner rather than later.

2. Sheamus, He is shinning as a face right now. I think this is his time and he can be the main face of Smackdown. He has great mic skills, great in ring ability, very intense during matches and on the mic, yet comical when he wants to be. I believe he will be the one who will dethrown Mark Henry.

1. C.M. Punk, Ever since the imfamous rant before MITB, this guy has become a main attraction. I believe a lot of old school wrestling fans see this guy as the gateway back to the attitude era. But even if that is not possible, the fact that he is stirring the pot up and making wrestling interesting and fresh again is attracting a lot of fans respect. He looks to be the next in line for Cenas thrown. Sort of a modern day Austin IMO. He has amazing mic skills, he has a great in ring ability, he is over majorly with the fans, and brings an image that a smaller guy can lead the bussiness, like Bret Hart and HBK before him. I see Punk being the next main face of the WWE for a long time, once Cena is done with it.

Top 5 wrestlers?

5. Randy Orton - Good in ring ability, sells and performs offensive moves well.

4.Dolph Ziggler- the best at selling moves in the WWE currently, solid moveset, quick and agile

3.Daniel Bryan- Technically superb, a proper wrestler that executes moves smoothly and effectively, a submission expert and extremely good with his strikes (kicks)

2.CM Punk- Like D Bryan very good at his kicks, a superb repertoire of moves that has flashes of old school wrestling. Overall a good performer

1.The Undertaker- The best striker in the WWE, consistently puts on a 8/10+ match. Good powerful moveset that is extremely well performed.

Now a lot of you have put people like Cena 1 and 2 because of their "mic skills" or "cool gimmick" Does that really have anything to do with being a wrestler? If the title was "Top 5 entertainers in the WWE then fair enough, you may be able to justify people like Cena in the top 5. But if that were the list, D Bryan and Randy Orton would be no where.

5 - Dolph Ziggler - Dolph has the Total Package. The guy has a good look, his mic skills are nice and he's one of the best in ring performers in the WWE. It doesn't seem like he's reached his full potential yet which is why I have him at 5, but the guy can go out there and kill it every time. Just look at his matches with Kofi.

4 - Cody Rhodes - In my eyes, he is the second best Heel on the roster. Rhodes has finally found his gimmick and he's really running with it. The mask is great, the paper bags are great and the re-birth of the old Intercontinental Championship is great. Plus this guy can hang in the ring with the best of them. His matches with Rey, Orton, Cena, HHH and Shawn Michaels have all been nice. Easily a next World Champion.

3 - Zack Ryder - Pretty much for all the reasons listed before. This guy is a real life underdog story. He went from being nothing more than filler on Superstars, to having his own internet show that gets more views that any other video WWE has on YouTube. I don't remember who said this but it completely sums him up - Zack Ryder. The only guy to get over with out a push.

2 - Mark Henry - My god has Mark Henry been on a rampage lately. For the past 4 months you could not turn on Raw or SmackDown without Henry making your jaw drop. It's not just that he's destroying everyone, but that he's doing it in such a convincing way. I don't think that anyone can beat him and make it look believable. The guy is just too dominate. Plus he has the mic skills to back up every thing he does. Henry's promos have really gotten better and there aren't many who can cut a better promo than he can. From what he says to his tone of voice, Henry is really doing the best promo work of his career. Best Heel on the roster in my eyes.

1 - CM Punk - This was an easy choice. No one, and I mean no one is better than Punk right now. His promos have had every glued to their T.V. sets, waiting to here what he has to say next. And it didn't just start at Money in the Bank. Ever since punk came back from injury and was put on commentary his mic work as been second to none. And his ring work. Punk has a move set that really isn't like anyone else which makes it so good. You're almost guaranteed to have a great match if Punk is in the ring. And the fans love him. His merch is now the #1 selling in the company. A few years ago when people outside of the WWE Universe thought about wrestling, they thought Cena. Now when you say wrestling, the first name to come to mind is CM Punk.

The top Five wrestler in WWE for me are

5. Zack Ryder ( he is showing improvement, massive improvement, and he sales, and he has done more by himself to get over then anyone on the roster.)

4. John Morrison (he is great in the ring, athleticism wise, and if he was a heel he would go further in his career)

3.Sheamus (he has the perfect look, and he is getting better and better)

2. Daniel Bryan ( He Can Wrestle. Period.)

1. Cm Punk (he basically started this new era we are in, and he is top in sales, plus if you have ever seen Raw, you know he is great in the ring.)

1: John Cena: Right now, he IS the top guy in the wrestling world, regardless what his critics say.

2: CM Punk: Hottest thing going right now, probably in the top 10 best in ring performers in todays generation of wrestlers.

3: Mark Henry: Guys got great momentum going right now, All tho, his momentum, i wanna see stopped, mainly because i love when Monsters finally get taken down.

4: Randy Orton: Arguably the 2nd Top Face next To Cena and Punk right now, this guy has the look, in ring ability and is half way decent on the mic, defiantly better than Del Rio.

5: The Miz: The Guy is doing great since he won the WWE title, all tho I cant take him seriously as WWE Champion, mainly due to him defending the Title against Jerry Lawler twice and barely winning both, maybe a 2nd title win will change my mind on that, but other than that, hes doing very good.

5. Randy Orton - Great Competitor, better when he is not a Face or Heel but both combined. Needs to work on his MIC skills, but excellent to watch.

4. Christian - Great thorough wrestler. Fluid, great on the mic, when not complaining ALL THE TIME. Could be utilized better, if he would take his knowledge and wit, and use it by going against the grain. Tremendous skill, but he needs to make something happen for himself, do something different. He was part of E & C, TLC, he is a ground breaking persona, he needs to get back to his roots and he could definitely be #1 again.

3. Drew McInytre/Wade Barrett Both have the right look, great on the MIC, have tremendous potential, but are both wasting in the background. Young ones which could be the future, but if they do not make themselves relevant soon, could easily be forgotten.

2. John Morrison/Michael McGillicutty Both could be great. Morrison's agility is phenomenal, but really needs to find a way and/or feud to use it. McGillicutty is a HORRIBLE NAME, but his pedigree could really be used to his advantage. He needs to go out on a limb, and become what CM Punk was heading towards, but seems to have stalled. Both could be anti-establishment, with McGillicutty saying screw this I am a Henning, and Morrison forcing WWE to give him viable opponents.

1. ???? Cena is great for what he is - Money! Undertaker is still great, and awesome with putting people over, but sadly not going to be around matches much longer. CM Punk was great in June/July, but has fizzled.

WWE needs to look at what has made them great in each era. It was not the Wrestler, but the script, the personality, but more so the CONTROVERSY. Fans including myself, love the wrestler that Screws over the Establishment. Hulk Hogan, Triple H in the Clique and Attitude Era, the Rock, and how can we forget STONE COLD. In the latest OMG moments, Stone Cold had more than any other wrestler. Why is that because, he spoke his mind, and did what all the fans wanted to do, told everyone including his boss and co-workers to go to HELL. We watched the WWE, WWF at that time, but it was SCSA's company. He is still one of the most beloved in the industry, why, because regardless of who we are most of us have been beaten down, and few have the guts or balls to stand up and say screw you. We live vicariously through movies, TV shows, and yes even wrestling. We all want someone who will surprise us, not take anything from anyone, and will speak their mind.

Until the WWE realizes that we want our middle class hero, then I really don't think that there really can be a #1 wrestler, because in most of our hearts, NO ONE HAS COME CLOSE TO REPLACING THE RATTLESNAKE. We are all walking with the WWE right now, just waiting for the next rattler to coil and strike, until then I will leave this spot open!!

Not sure if you want personal top 5's or just an opinion on who actually is the top 5 in the WWE today. If it's the later then anybody who left Cena off is purely wrong. If it's personal top 5 then Cena would not be on my list either.

First I think the actual top 5 right now are...

1. John Cena - Not a fan of his but you can not deny he is the top face and biggest star in the WWE right now and has been for some time.

2. Randy Orton - CM Punk has challenged the number 2 spot over the last few months but I would still give it to Orton and say he remains the second biggest name in the WWE...for now anyway.

3. CM Punk - His status has risen to new heights in the WWE over the last few months and he looks to be destined to carry on going up the ladder.

4. The next two are quite hard because a few names could be mentioned. I would probably go for Mark Henry if we are talking about right now but it's a tough one.

5. Again hard to say but I would go for Sheamus.

Dolph, Cody and even Daniel Bryan could make the 4 or 5 spots though...really hard to decide.

My personal top 5 list is probably...

1. The Undertaker - Will always be my number one up til the day he retires. A phenom.
2. William Regal - Not on TV as a wrestler much anymore but always entertaining and always been one of my favourites.
3. CM Punk - Great on the mic great in the ring... refreshing and a star in the making.
4. Wade Barrett - I like a good heel and he is a good heel. Has a lot of developing to do but definitely has what it takes in my opinion. First British Champion I hope seeing as regal probably has no chance now.
5. Triple H - Three of my top 5's are old timers who hardly wrestle anymore... I must be stuck in the past but anyway growing up with Triple H always been a fan especially during the Mcmahon Helmsley Era... He still can go in the ring and is still one of the top guys in the business in my opinion.

my wwe top 5
5. cody rhodes-great in the ring and needs a little work on the mic but is the next mid carder to go main event
4. sheamus- can be the top heel or face. getting better pops at times than orton
3. the miz- even though he is a heel he is still getting that mixed reaction like cena gets and all around i think will wear gold before 2011 is done
2. cena- the 2nd biggest draw now in the company
1. cm punk- without a doubt the number 1 reason ppl watch raw. whats he going to say next.

Im going to assume we are talking wrestlers and not entertainers or superstars here. There are only a handful of top wrestlers in the company.

1.CM PUNK: Heads and shoulders he is the best thing in WWE. Brilliant mat wrestler, brilliant promo guy, knows how to sell, knows how to tell a story in the ring. Can high fly or mat wrestle, has a great look for his size.
2. DANIEL BRYAN: Naturally talented wrestler, can have great matches with technicians, brawlers or useless piles of rubbish. Will get his proper push in 2012 if Vince is smart.
3. CHRISTIAN: Honest veteran who makes on coinicdence he is still on top 14 years later in WWE. The best promo guy in the business, needs for mic time. Solid wrestler, happy to put guys over and play the company role.
4. THE MIZ: Has come along way. Very solid in ring guy, brilliant promos. Current storyline will push him face before or just after Wrestlemania.
5. TYSON KIDD: Could wrestle a mop to a 5 star match. Enough said. Needs to be given mic time as he is a very under rated performer. Plays a mad heel, should get better exposure.

Top 5 Super Stars today

5. this one I dont know who to put because there are so many "Ifs" that could put more then one person in the #5 spot, or keep them out.

I mean you got Big Show & Kane...when healthy they are monsters

You Got Mark Henry- WSM and current WHC but it took him so long to get here.

Rey Mysterio- even at his age, when healthy is still one of the best in the world

Undertaker- very rarely seen but puts on a show when he is

There are so many people I could put in the #5 spot..... so I'm just gonna leave the #5 spot open.

4. Shaemus- He's been up and down on my list. He started off very strong in WWE, then kinda hit a rough patch where he was losing to Daniel Bryan...and Santino of all people. Won the last KOTR tournament, had another rough patch... and now has begun to pick it back up... if he can stay on the winning path... maybe even take out Mark Henry... and hold the title for a little while... he could definitely rise up in my poll.

3. CM Punk- A year or so ago, I wouldnt even put him in the Top 5, but as time has gone on, and now the fact that the whole "nexus" crap is done (hopefully forever), he's been showing he is a true fighter, and can win his own battles against the best in the business. But I still can't put him past Orton and Cena yet. I do love the fact that he's begun to be like Cena and Orton who speak their mind when they get a microphone in front of them, and doesnt care what anyone else says, and is willing to fight anyone, anytime, even when injured.

2. Randy Orton- Still one of the Top favorites in WWE. He's Basically the face of Smackdown right now... even tho Mark Henry has the title. In my eyes Randy Orton is still the top dog on Smackdown.

1. John Cena- He clearly is the best in the WWE. He'll face anyone, anytime, any place, any kind of match you wanna put him in. I mean he's face guys like Big Show, Great Khali, Mark Henry, HHH, Orton, CM Punk, Del Rio, Batista, and others in all kinds of matches. He went through hell as a member of Nexus... and even after he got "fired" he never gave up and eventually came back and tore up Nexus piece by piece and finished it off with Wade Barrett. He's been in every kind of match imaginable (except maybe an Inferno Match). He's been in HIAC, EC, Steel Cage, TLC, Tables Match, Handi Cap Matches, and much more. Plus for the past several years he's been the #1 merchandise athlete in WWE...until CM Punk recently passed him. Plus you add in all his Titles.... he's clearly the best. I dont think there's a single athlete in WWE that he has not beat. Oh and he never needs anyone to get a cheap shot in for him to win a match. He either wins or loses fairly. Just look at the night CM Punk "Walked Out" with the title because Laurinitis tried to unfairly cost CM Punk the match which got Cena distracted.

Thats my list....

Not listed- Ziggler, Swagger, Miz, R-Truth, Christian, Del Rio, among others. Most of which were not included for one or more of a few reasons.

1. Can't seem to stay healthy
2. Can't seem to wrestle a fair match without people interfering. (Ziggler, Swagger, Miz, R-Truth, Del Rio.. etc.)
3. Whine and complain because they havent got a 1 v 1 title shot (most of who haven't earned one).
4. Annoying ring announcers (who dont speak hardly any english).
5. Most of which are on Michael Coles favorite list (can't stand Cole....if you're gonna have 3 people at Raw's announce desk...make it JR, King and either Booker or Josh Matthews).

and who knows what other reasons I could come up with.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back