Top 3 matches of 1995?

Status
Not open for further replies.

quink987

Pre-Show Stalwart
ok Im starting a new series of threads about the your favourite 3 matches of each year so first is first 1995 was a ok year for the WWE we saw the rise of Shawn Michaels, we saw Diesel have a Long Reign as Champion and we saw Mabel win the King Of The Ring and during his match ECW chants were heard through out so looking back at the History of that Year what were your favourite matches throughout that year....for me it would have to be....

IC Title Ladder Match Summerslam 1995
Shawn Michaels vs Razor Ramon

the rematch from WM 10 every fan had been waiting for, these 2 did'nt dissapoint they left everything in the ring that night. from spot after spot and shawn's leap off the ladder to the mat, match of the year.

WWF Title Suvivor Series 1995
Bret Hart vs Deisel

these 2 worked really well together in the ring, bret took some good bump's in this match and after this match it started Deisel's Heel turn, this is a great big guy vs little guy match.

WWF title Wrestlemania 11
Shawn Michaels vs Deisel

the match of the night at Wrestlemania bith men worked really hard to put on a classic, Shawn really is mr wrestlemania he can make anyone look good in a match.

Great thread and good match choices, especially SummerSlam 1995. I'm guessing this is not just a WWF based thread so here are my choices:

In Your House 2 - WWF Intercontinental Title - Shawn Michaels v Jeff Jarrett (c)

HBK's third IC title win was a great match for me due to both competitors efforts. At this point he'd turned face and the crowd was completely behind him.

First WCW Nitro - Brian Pillman v Jushin Liger

I remember first ever seeing this match when they were running the Best of Nitro on TNT back in 2000. It will always be a great match to me due to its significance and the match itself.

In Your House 5 - WWF Title - Bret Hart (c) v The British Bulldog

Fantastic match and the best of '95 for me. Bret's blade job was gruesome back then! It had the technicality, the brawling, the fighting, the mat wrestling and the personal nature to it; the ingredients of a great match.

I like this thread a lot I hope you start with the year 1990 and continue till last year so here are my top three from 95 and these were no brainers for me

3. Eddie Guerrero vs Dean Malenko for the ECW tv title in my eyes this is one of the best matches I have ever seen the timing of these guys moves and not using one weapon the whole match was something different for ECW at the time and the hardcore fans praised a great match with out a single table breaking truly a classic match

2. World War 3 battle royal for the WCW heavyweight title was a spectacular battle royal that was better than the lamest royal rumble in history in 95. The build up was great the match was even better and the unexpected victory of Randy Savage winning the whole thing a great match and ppv

1. Bret Hart vs Diesel Survivor Series hands down the match of 95 a no dq match that showcase the best wrestler in the world Bret Hart go hardcore and out smart the monster champion who dominated for the entire year. I still match that match every time I put on the Bret Hart dvd truly a classic great match and definitely the best match of 95

WoW great Thread, some nostalgic subjects here.

All Japan Women's Pro Wrestling
Manami Toyota vs. Kyoko Inoue

Match of the Year Wrestling Newsletter Awards, this is real woman's wrestling people.

World Wrestling Federation
Razor Ramon vs. Shawn Michaels (Ladder Match)

This match exceeds the first classic in some ways.

World Wrestling Federation
Bret Hart vs. The British Bulldog

The best fight between the two, improved over their 1992 classic

Thats about it here are some honorable mentions

Kenta Kobash & Mitsuharu Misawa vs. Akria Taue & Toshiaki Kawada All Japan

Eddie Guerrero vs. Dean Malenk (ECW)

I like this thread a lot I hope you start with the year 1990 and continue till last year so here are my top three from 95 and these were no brainers for me

3. Eddie Guerrero vs Dean Malenko for the ECW tv title in my eyes this is one of the best matches I have ever seen the timing of these guys moves and not using one weapon the whole match was something different for ECW at the time and the hardcore fans praised a great match with out a single table breaking truly a classic match

2. World War 3 battle royal for the WCW heavyweight title was a spectacular battle royal that was better than the lamest royal rumble in history in 95. The build up was great the match was even better and the unexpected victory of Randy Savage winning the whole thing a great match and ppv

1. Bret Hart vs Diesel Survivor Series hands down the match of 95 a no dq match that showcase the best wrestler in the world Bret Hart go hardcore and out smart the monster champion who dominated for the entire year. I still match that match every time I put on the Bret Hart dvd truly a classic great match and definitely the best match of 95

Your number 3 is my number 1!!!!
I remember sitting and watching it on TV and being in total shock and awe at what these guys were doing.I could sit and still watch it today and not be bored,Can't say that about some matches today!!

In no particular order:

Bret Hart vs Hakushi

Possibly the most under rated match of the decade. Solidified Bret as a guy who would / could sell for anybody.

[YOUTUBE]7C0Ft8fZD7Y[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]HxcHHQ8sB-I[/YOUTUBE]

Shawn Michaels vs Razor Ramon

The 2nd ladder match between these two magnificent workers was, in the view of many, a better pure ladder match because it highlighted more of the individual skill than the brutality the first match had. Plus, in the Summer Slam '95 version, these two were both faces and respected one another - as opposed to the bitter rivalry of WM10.

Mitsuharu Misawa & Kenta Kobashi vs Toshiaki Kawada & Akira Taue

I'd seen this match listed on many "top ____ lists." Top tag team matches of all time. Top matches of the 90's. Etc. I had to check it out for myself, and from a visual work standpoint, there's a load to behold. I can't speak for the pre-match booking as I did not follow AJPW back then (nor do I now), but the match itself is damn excellent. We don't live in a vaccum, which is why I cannot rank this match vs the rest as I do not know how it was booked, but it deserves a mention.

[YOUTUBE]AoWnvDSXM7A[/YOUTUBE]

Reactions: X
I would have to say 1995 was the year of shawn michaels my three favorite matches of 1995 are.

THE ROYAL RUMBLE MATCH
Lot of people won't agree with me but i picked this match because it was centered around one competitor, for the first time ever participants entered the rumble every minute before it was every two minutes. Shawn michaels entered at number one hung on the entire match and i thought the ending was great, when the bulldog thought he had one the title shot at wrestlemania for michaels to throw him over the top rope.

LADDER MATCH
Razor ramon vs shawn michaels
this was a very good ladder match probably the best match of the year,even though it wasn't of the same quality of the first ladder match.

jeff jarrett vs shawn michaels is my third choice basically because their 's not much else to choose from beacause 1995 was a bad year for wrestling besides bret hart and michaels push.

3. Bret Hart vs. British Bulldog, In Your House: When most people hear these two names mentioned together they think of the classic IC title match from SummerSlam 92. That classic seems to make this one forgotten. It still had classic wrestling but was a little more physical than the Wembley encounter. Bret did a great blade job and seeing as how it was the first time we had seen blood in over three years it really added to the match.

2. Diesel vs. Shawn Michaels, WrestleMania: Lawrence Taylor was brought in to headline WM11 because HBK had not yet proven himself as a main eventer. Well he proved himself that night in what I believe was the turning point in Shawn’s career.

1. Shawn Michaels vs. Jeff Jarrett, In Your House: I’ve talked about this match so much here I’m sure a lot of people are sick of it. This one had me on the edge of my seat for the full twenty minutes. As strange as it sounds now, back then I really wasn’t sure who would win. Jarrett was getting a very strong push at the time and HBK seemed to have moved beyond the IC title. This is one of the best matches that never gets talked about (except by me) and was the best match of 1995.

I'm glad IC mentioned Bret Hart vs. Hakushi. It's another forgotten one that deserves to be recognized. I really really need to watch the SummerSlam ladder match again. It often receives high praise here and a lot of people think it was better than the WM10 match. I've seen this match a few times but it's been a while. I always just looked at the mania one as better. It's probably because it was the first and it was at mania. Every time I see the SummerSlam match mentioned here I think to myself I need to watch it again, yet for some reason I haven't. My goal is to watch that match again within the next week.

My previous post was deleted for spamming, sorry guys, won't happen again...But here go my top 3 matches of 1995.

3) Bob Backlund vs Bret Hart "I Quit Match" - This was a great feud IMO. Especially because the mastermind behind all the attacks on Bret Hart was his own brother Owen. The match itself was great, Bret Hart being best technical wrestler ever and Backlund who didn't do bad at all his submission hold (crossface chicken wing) looked deadly and look like he legitimately hurt BH every time he slapped it on him. Roddy Piper in the mix as the special ref, the match was classic!

2) Shawn Michaels vs Jeff Jarrett for IC Title at In Your House in July '95 - This match was great, they stole the show from BDC Diesel vs Mabel of MOM for the wwf title. Technically both men complemented eachother in the ring. it was the first time SM got his IC title back as a face. it definitely cemented him as one who was on his way to the top! I, unlike many others, really liked Jeff Jarrett, and this match I think he proved he could dance with the top dogs in the ring. its a shame wwe never pushed him more. (just my opinion, don't jump on me for it!)

3) Ladder match for IC title Shawn Michaels vs Razor Ramon - Summerslam 1995. I honestly thought the match itself, was way better than the one at WM10. Just way more entertaining. it was brutal, good use of the ladder, and the story going in to the match was great. Razor and Shawn were both babyfaces at the time so you really didn't have really clear at the moment just who you wanted to win. So it was a match that was highly anticipated.

so....those are my 3....

1.Shawn Michaels vs Razor Ramon Summerslam- this match was awesome and a little bit better than the Wrestlemania match from the year before cuz this match had psychology to it.

2.Bret Hart vs British Bulldog IYH 5- it's not as good as their match from Summerslam but it was still a great match plus it was the 1st time there was blood in WWE since Wrestlemania 8.

3.Eddie Guerrero vs Chris Benoit Nitro in October- most people might not remember this match but it was a amazing match which had great wrestling and high flying action. and i personally think that this match is the best 1 that they had against each other. and here is the match 4 u

[YOUTUBE]uwYFyp09Nf4[/YOUTUBE]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back