Tomb Raider Reboot Vs. Uncharted 3: Who are you going for on the PS3?

Tomb Raider reboot or Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception?

• Tomb Raider reboot

• Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception

• Both

Results are only viewable after voting.

Chicago1989

Ain't it sleep first then eat?
2011 is shaping up to be a hell of a year for gaming. So many big sequels and IPs are planning to release next year, but you can always expect alot of delays as well. But what caught my attention is that next year for the first time, Tomb Raider and Uncharted are going head-to-head on the PS3 next year IN THE SAME YEAR.

Everyone who's an Uncharted fan should know that the Uncharted series was inspired and has many similarities to the Tomb Raider series. They both have iconic treasure hunters who visit exotic locations to find relics and fight mercs with acrobatics, shooting, and deep story elements in the games as well. I grew up with Tomb Raider, so for me, I don't care too much about Uncharted. Tomb Raider left such a big impact in my childhood gaming years that I don't accept Uncharted at this point. But I'm sure there's alot of Uncharted fans out there...

The Tomb Raider series has been around for about 15 years, while the Uncharted series has been around for 4 years. Both series have made a huge impact in the gaming industry but one question always stood out for me - Which is bigger and better: Uncharted or Tomb Raider?

Next year will mark the first time that both franchises will go head-to-head on the PS3 (The home that Tomb Raider built but Uncharted is living on now) in the same year which should be interesting. It's almost like Hollywood Hogan Vs. The Rock in gaming. The legend Vs. The future.

My question for this thread is which franchise do you prefer and do you plan to go for either the Tomb Raider reboot or Uncharted 3 next year?

I will be getting Uncharted 3. Uncharted is the best gaming franchise in the world right now and it makes all Xbox fanboys jealous of the PS3. Uncharted 2 recieved the E3 game of the year award.

I won't be getting tomb raider for the simple fact that the game series has been rebooted so many times that I just don't care for it anymore. Tomb Raider Legend annoyed me and it permanantly turned me from the series. The idea is always the same but that's a given.

Uncharted, however, Just keeps getting better. Naughty Dog outdoes themselves every year with the game. I'm looking forward to this game most in 2011 as it barely weighs above Elder Scrolls V.

I must be living under a rock because I have never heard of anything Uncharted, problem there with exclusive titles. Whereas Tomb Raider is a legacy that will never die out. Sure the old stuff's gone stale, but just from the description of the game in the last GI magazine was enough have me go and pre-order the game from Gamestop, mix that with the fact that I'm a huge Tomb Raider fan, and you've got me going back to switch to a limited edition if such thing comes around.

Uncharted is definitely the better franchise at this time. Believe me, I've enjoyed Tomb Raider over the years, and would love to believe that a new game will bring the series back to prominence, but after so many remakes and reboots, it's getting harder to take seriously. Besides, after the first three or so games, it didn't really feel like the series was even improving anymore.

Uncharted, on the other hand, just keeps getting better with each installment. I know, it's only two games in, but Naughty Dog is a developer that works hard to ensure that its games are the best they can be. I'm anxiously awaiting Uncharted 3, maybe more than any other upcoming game. Can't say the same about a new Tomb Raider.

I wouldn't go as far and say uncharted is the best out there. But its certainly one of the best ps3 has to offer. The story is fantastic and the graphics and animations are some of the best its just the game-play I get bored of after sometime. To much climbing lol. The gun combats aren't anything special ether. I just play the game mainly for the story and characters.

Tomb Raider I've actually never played so I can't comment on that. So I'll be looking for Uncharted 3.

I wouldn't go as far and say uncharted is the best out there. But its certainly one of the best ps3 has to offer. The story is fantastic and the graphics and animations are some of the best its just the game-play I get bored of after sometime. To much climbing lol. The gun combats aren't anything special ether. I just play the game mainly for the story and characters.

Tomb Raider I've actually never played so I can't comment on that. So I'll be looking for Uncharted 3.

Wow, you've never played a Tomb Raider game? That's pretty hard to believe. Tomb Raider's been around for 15 years. I'm not trying to put you down or anything though. You've never played the first one?

Wow good grief.

For me it's Uncharted three for a very simple reason: There have been moreTomb Raider reboots than Lara Croft has had boob jobs. Wasn't legend in 2006 supposed to be a reboot? Anniversary in 2007? And now a third reboot in five years for 2011? I just hold no confidence for that at all, it'll come out and pass me by whereby Uncharted I'll actually go out my way for.

Come on guys. I was just never really into tomb raider. Nothing about it really made me want to play it. I don't know why I've never played them. Sorry if I'm not as enthused about tomb raider as the rest of you but it just never caught my attention. Mainly back in the day I was strictly Nintendo. By the time I expanded to the other systems I had other interests in mind and I just say Tomb Raider as another game I had no interest in playing ha sorry guys but I don't have to play everything.

But yeah I'm sticking with Uncharted mainly because like I've said I love the story and characters. No matter how similar to tomb raider I really still have no desire to go back and play them or these reboots. I'm not saying there terrible games I'm just saying I really have no desire to play them. So once again I apologize for not being like the rest of you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back