• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Today's Total Packages?

Uncle Chester

I see you, and your penis.
Hello people, I was just wondering who you think are some of todays 'total package' wrestlers. That is, guys who have, in your opinion, the look, mic skills and wrestling skills.

Also who do you think has the potential to be considered a 'total package' wrestler in the future.

There's a lot of total packages around in todays business. However, I guess I'll take two old guards (one TNA one WWE) and two up and comers (TNa and WWE)

WWE old guard: Triple H. He is just the definition of some of the best you can offer right now. He has one of the best looks in the business. A great comfortability and presence on the microphone that allows him to work both heel and face. And even with his numerous injuries he still manages to deliver some good matches here and there.

TNA old guard: Has to be Kurt Angle. The guy has everything. Great wrestling ability, great on the microphone and a pretty good look. He brings everything when he gets into the ring. And for being over 40 years old he still manages to deliver some of the best matches in the business today.

WWE new guard: This is a tough one I guess. I mean there's a large array of young wrestlers in their first or still in a young year of their WWE career. Wade Barrett, Sheamus, Miz etc.

However, I would have to go with Sheamus, very very interesting guy. Amazing look, incredibly entertaining on the microphone and damn natural as well. His presence on the microphone just showed instantly back in his ECW days even. And to top it off, he's certainly not a bad wrestler. He does incredibly well for a big muscular guy who isn't a technical mastermind.

TNA young guys: Has to be Matt Morgan. There's a lot of guys that are young up and comers in the company. Or at least still has potential to showcase, but none like Matt. He just screams total package to the point that it boggles my mind that they released him in WWE. He has so much potential with a great look, great microphone skills and fairly good in the ring. Something he all showed against Kurt Angle when they feuded.

I agree with the choice of Triple H. He is the personification of what we think of as a professional wrestler. He's got the look, the attitude, and the goods in the ring to back up that impression.

Plus, I spoke with folks in his hometown of Nashua, New Hampshire. The man is revered there; not for wrestling, but rather for football. Those people remember Paul Levesque as a legitimate tough guy.....and that adds to his image as a total package.

As for the new guard, I can't think of anyone. I like the looks and moves of some of them, but the impressions they leave make them fall short of total package status.

For example, John Morrison comes across as a rock star, Wade Barrett as a politician, and The Miz seems more like the school bully who would shake down smaller kids for their lunch money while cowering before anyone bigger than him. That's not to say I don't like these guys; it's just hard to regard them as total packages.

This is a good topic.

Trips isn't really a great worker anymore for me to consider him a total package as of currently but generally in his career, absolutely. The man might be a ****e who doesn't put anyone over and is just as superman as Cena but damn he's good.

CM Punk is the best 'total package' guy WWE has and Jesus this guys amazing. Promos= better than Trips, Miz, Edge and quite possibly Jericho :worship:. As a wrestler he is fucking great and it's been proven when he try's, he can put on a hell of a match.

I'm really surprised Ferb didn't say John Cena here considering how big of a mark he is for that guy.:)

However I would like to choose the following two guys as the total packages in the industry today.

Edge-Good on the mic and in the ring. Great as a heel and as a babyface( his run in 2002 as a babyface was pretty good).Possibly the only great character, that of the Ultimate Opportunist, that WWE has made in the last decade. Has participated in some of the greatest matches and rivalries of the past decade against the likes of John Cena and The Undertaker.

CM Punk-Same as Edge but yet to prove himself as a babyface I guess. Could end up being one of WWE's greatest heels ever. Has a unique character,something which is missing in wrestling these days.Already a three time world champion but this just seems to be the beginning of a long and glorious career.

Its a pity that both of them are better heels than babyfaces. Maybe thats a reason why people just aren't interested in watching wrestling these days. Hmm something to ponder on.

Surprises me that nobody has said Chris Jericho yet. He can be the face, the heel, he has the mic skills the inring skills (actually lots of both) He has been is some great matches and rivalries throughout the years. So he is the total package !

Matt Morgan, he has the size, he has the look, he has the in ring ability (for a big guy) and has the mic skills. He has the total package, he is the total package. I also can't believe that WWE let him go, he always delivers; feud with Angle, one man tag champ etc.

How has no one really mentioned John Cena?

Love the man or hate him, he is the complete total package. He has amazing mic skills and could carry Hornswoggle through to a decent at least promo. He has good looks that make the girls love him.

He has an amazing connection to the fans, and get you emotionally invested in any match. He knows how to work a match, some great in-ring psychology. He is more charasmatic than half the men on the planet dream about being, and seems like the kind of guy that is so friendly you could just kick back and have a drink with him while talking about life.

He has a serious side, and kinows how to turn into one BAMF if he needs to be. He works great matches and is pretty skilled in the ring, as much as people want to focus on his "5 MOVEZ OF TEH DOOMZ!!"

He is the face of a company and didn't get there for any old jack reason. You wouldn't see Primo or Johnny The Bull where he is. He is a special talent and one of the closest things you'll find in the business to a total package. People like Angle and Jericho and such are up there, but they have already been mentioned, whereas Cena hasn't.

WWE- CM Punk this guy is a Great Talent and is definitely the total package. He is Great on the Mic and in the ring.

TNA- Desmond Wolfe is another wrestler who I think is the Total Package. He is a tremendous talent. Excellent in the Ring and on the Mic.

There are probably other Total Packages in WWE and TNA but these are the Two that stand out to me.

38146_1333221657024_1425537663_30721848_6656843_n.jpg

Claudio Castagnoli

This man is definitely the total package. He's got the size: 6ft 5in 225lbs. A good and recognizable look with his bald head, and the dude's ripped. He is good on the mic, plus he's swedish which only adds more to his heelish ways. He's not just an Uber-European Heel either, he has personality and he knows how to play up the comedy and the crowd, those who watch Chikara and Botchamania should know what I'm talking about.
He has a distinct and unique moveset:
220px-Castagnoli%27s_Giant_Swing.jpg

Thats his "vintage" giant swing. He throws a mean european uppercut and the Ricola Bomb is devestating.

I wouldn't be surprised to see him in WWE or TNA within a few years. As much as I love the Kings of Wrestling and the Brudershaft, I would just love to see him on a bigger stage every week. Definitely the total package in my eyes.

I agree with the choice of Triple H. He is the personification of what we think of as a professional wrestler. He's got the look, the attitude, and the goods in the ring to back up that impression.

Plus, I spoke with folks in his hometown of Nashua, New Hampshire. The man is revered there; not for wrestling, but rather for football. Those people remember Paul Levesque as a legitimate tough guy.....and that adds to his image as a total package.

Well said about HHH. Helmsley looks like a star, talks like a star and carries himself like a star. Plus he is still great in the ring, maybe not as good as he was back in the late 90s-early 2000s, due to his injuries. But he is still fucking awesome and believable in the ring.

The others around who also are the total package need no explanation.

Kurt Angle. Chris Jericho. 'Nuff said. They can do it all

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back