TNA's "Roster" Page

Rasha

Championship Contender
I looked at TNAwrestling.com's roster page today and was really surprised by what I saw. Here are some of the names listed:

Christopher Daniels
Mick Foley
ODB
Scott Hall
Sean Waltman
Tommy Dreamer

I am very confused by some of these, both for kayfabe and real world reasons. Weren't Daniels and ODB both released in real life? Why are they still on the roster? And from a kayfabe perspective, wasn't Mick Foley "fired"? Why are he and Dreamer on the roster if they don't have TNA contracts? And Hall & Waltman, the storyline is that THEY AREN'T PART OF THE COMPANY anymore. Why are they still on this roster page?

Clearly it's been recently updated as Dreamer is on there, so why wouldn't TNA bring it into alignment with existing storylines and/or realities? I know it's a small thing, but it's just another frustrating of example of TNA's operations that defy logic.

I looked at TNAwrestling.com's roster page today and was really surprised by what I saw. Here are some of the names listed:

Christopher Daniels
Mick Foley
ODB
Scott Hall
Sean Waltman
Tommy Dreamer

I am very confused by some of these, both for kayfabe and real world reasons. Weren't Daniels and ODB both released in real life? Why are they still on the roster? And from a kayfabe perspective, wasn't Mick Foley "fired"? Why are he and Dreamer on the roster if they don't have TNA contracts? And Hall & Waltman, the storyline is that THEY AREN'T PART OF THE COMPANY anymore. Why are they still on this roster page?

Clearly it's been recently updated as Dreamer is on there, so why wouldn't TNA bring it into alignment with existing storylines and/or realities? I know it's a small thing, but it's just another frustrating of example of TNA's operations that defy logic.

90% of anything industry related these days defys logic, from the matches to the angles. When the people running the industry are openly ashamed of being in the business this is what happens. Basically the towel has been thrown in, "we know you know that we know that you know its fake. GUESS WHAT ITS FAKE". Somehow these geniuses think that exposing the business is a way gain credibility with Madison Avenue. Fuck that. Fuck this. Sick to death of it.

To sum up; this isnt done by accident - its willfully allowed to happen because "everyone knows its fake so why bother".

TNA is not updating their roster page on purpose. They stopped updating after the time of Daniels' release. Yeah they took Roxxi and Tara off but I have no idea why they never took off Hall, Waltman, ODB, and Daniels. They clearly didn't overlook it. I'm assuming they're keeping them there because they may have plans to use those individuals again or may try to renegotiate with those talents soon.

LOL... It is just another thing that makes me laugh, that TNA does... Who really knows why they do anything!? Or DON'T do anything! Supposedly, Waltman will be back. But as for ODB, Daniels, and Hall...... LOL.... Who the fuck knows!!!?? Maybe TNA thinks they are still signed there... Hell, they never used Daniels right anyway, unless he had a mask on his head!!

Well it was reported a while back in multiple sites that the reason they kept Daniels on their roster was because they were planning on bringing him right back, but this time on a per-appearance contract. He was released because his contract guaranteed him money whether he was used or not...so when January 4th came around some of the advices for "changes for the best interest of TNA" made to Dixie was to release him...and re-sign him on different terms...I guess Daniels didn't come to an agreement with their new stipulation. As far of the rest I don't know.

Also, Waltman is rumored to be already signed to a confidential contract to that other new Florida-based organization that they are SUPPOSEDLY putting together. So sooner than later he will have to be removed if the reports are legit.

TNA doesn't update their website very often, and neither Waltman nor Hall were ever fired, they were simply let go at the time, which means they're still technically roster members – albeit not active ones.

Daniels is a little odd seeing as he was indeed released, but considering how it's been noted by numerous dirt sheets that it's believed to only be a matter of time before he returns, I suppose that might explain why his profile was never pulled.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back