• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

TNA's Next Home Grown Breakout Star

roethlisberger78

Pre-Show Stalwart
Hey guys I was sitting around today and thinking about the TNA roster. At destination X Austin Aries will take on Roode.. after that main event talent other than James Storm (maybe AJ Styles when used) is all past WWE talent so my question to you guys is... Who is the next home grown TNA breakout star. Who do you guys think will be their next big name but it has to be a non past WWE star..

TNA has yet to develop a home-grown star. Sad but true. Roode is the only guy close and lets face it he doesnt draw in TNA- maybe if he went to WWE he could become a star. With booking like last Monday's ending, I don't think TNA will be growing any stars.

First of all, all this "home grown" talk is nonsense. I say it every time that stupid fuckin' buzzword is thrown around as if it has bearing on the realities of professional wrestling because it's a total cop out and a line of thinking that's completely full of shit. WWF proved it. WCW proved it. How? By getting guys who weren't "originals" to their respective companies over as fuck and by making MONEY off them, which is the primary (and only) goal of professional wrestling in the first place. If "home grown" had any bearing whatsoever in this business, explain the resounding success of Steve Austin, Hulk Hogan, Mick Foley, etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. — all of whom spent considerable amounts of time working in other companies before they found their success in WWF.

Second, if I'm picking one of TNA's non-ex-WWE talents to be their next "breakout" star, the answer is the same even if I was picking from a list that included ex-WWE stars. Austin Aries is the answer, regardless. He has everything required to be a major star—the look, the style, the gimmick, and more. The only thing working against him at this point is age, though it's not a factor in determining whether he will be a star, just in how long he'll remain one.

Robert Roode and James Storm would also be among the contenders here, though at the moment no one is rising faster than Aries.

First of all, all this "home grown" talk is nonsense. I say it every time that stupid fuckin' buzzword is thrown around as if it has bearing on the realities of professional wrestling because it's a total cop out and a line of thinking that's completely full of shit. WWF proved it. WCW proved it. How? By getting guys who weren't "originals" to their respective companies over as fuck and by making MONEY off them, which is the primary (and only) goal of professional wrestling in the first place. If "home grown" had any bearing whatsoever in this business, explain the resounding success of Steve Austin, Hulk Hogan, Mick Foley, etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. — all of whom spent considerable amounts of time working in other companies before they found their success in WWF.

Second, if I'm picking one of TNA's non-ex-WWE talents to be their next "breakout" star, the answer is the same even if I was picking from a list that included ex-WWE stars. Austin Aries is the answer, regardless. He has everything required to be a major star—the look, the style, the gimmick, and more. The only thing working against him at this point is age, though it's not a factor in determining whether he will be a star, just in how long he'll remain one.

Robert Roode and James Storm would also be among the contenders here, though at the moment no one is rising faster than Aries.

fucking finally!

Hogan spent quite the amount of time in the awa before vince made him a star, Jericho was a star way before going to the wwf, otherwise we wouldnt have heard that huge pop when he showed up on RAW. People seem to say that word not really knowing what it means.

But yes Austin Aries is the one star in TNA who has everything to become a superstar and the face of the company, TNA also seems to be behind him

I also would like to state what a load of BS the "home grown" stuff is.

This isn't the 60's, 70's & 80's anymore where there was an endless supply of talent & 30 + territories in the US not including the rest worldwide...there is basically 3 companies in the US & there is only so much talent.

Vince McMahon raided every company in the 80's of thier top stars...& for the record Hulk Hogan was already the biggest draw in all of pro wrestling for AWA & NJPW 1 year prior to going to WWF.

A-Double is next. what's funny is if you watched "The Austin Starr" a few years ago, you would not have thought that but apparently his time in ROH really helped wake up TNA management. Other than him, i don't see anyone right now and truth is they don't need. they have what, 8 or 10 former world champs there right now. you could move the title between then, and then bring in the odd guy like Aries, for along time and not have the whole Cena/Orton/HHH thing going on like wwe had a few years back.

and homegrown is a bit of a lie. no one starts straight into the wwe today. everyone works somewhere else before they hit tv even if it is fcw. ovw is now the training place for tna so they will work there before tna, and most will work somewhere else before then. get over it people. talent matters, not where you came from.

Yeah this isn't the 60's,70's and 80's anymore and there are only basically 3 companies so the term home grown makes sense, sure a lot of the WWE's top stars weren't home grown. But no days with there being a juggernaut company, a smaller company, and a company that only does internet ppv's the term home grown is fair. Case and point John Cena i don't hate the guy don't really care for him, but he was made by WWE, same goes for Batista and Randy Orton.

As for TNA's next star behind ares i really don't know who it could be if they would let him wrestle and stop having him being TNA's comic relief it could be Eric Young, hes always been pretty over with the crowd if they were to give him the TV title and let him run win it for a while there is potential there for him to break out.

I'm really tired of the word home grown. I agree with IDR completely. It's irrelevant. I think there next STAR should be Magnus. He has all the tools to be successful and he was the Ring Ka King champion. I think he has a bright future.

My bad for using the word home grown its exactly the word I ment but was just trying to get to the point of non wwe talent. with ROH not really being seen most people wouldnt know their stars when they hit TNA or WWE for that matter. So I guess I was just trying to see who would be their next unknown type star outta nowhere type case lol

Austin Aries isn't "home grown" He was in ROH longer than TNA.

Good job at missing the point completely.

I totally agree with IDR, the notion of home grown has gone out the window. There is TALENT and thats it. Do you want TALENT on your show? Then go and sign it.

Good job at missing the point completely.

I totally agree with IDR, the notion of home grown has gone out the window. There is TALENT and thats it. Do you want TALENT on your show? Then go and sign it.

I can go with that... Then let's merge this topic w/the one about Vince killing legends, & list all the talent Impact/TNA has signed & misused/buried/used little if at all?

Magnus should be the next Guy to start working his way to his first US world title...But in reality he should be the one to beat Devon and make that tv title something. After him i'd say they need to bring Joe Back Seriously Samoa Joe Needs to be in the title Race along with Aj Styles and and Pope Fact of the matter the World title picture is to full there need to be guys down graded to the X-Divsion tag team and to the TV Title picture

Do all you guys forget that Bobby Roode was in WWE before TNA? he aint "homegrown" as you call him. He failed in wwe so he's now on the second rate show.

He had what one tryout match and that was it? That does not make him a "former WWE talent" in my eyes since he wasn't actually on the roster and didn't do anything of note. Same with Styles.

If we say Storm, Roode and Aries are already stars next on my list is Magnus this guy has really upped his game over the years and he has it all.

Oh Jesus Christ. The "homegrown" crap again. I'm with the consensus of this thread. Talent is talent, no matter whether they came from the old WWF days, WCW, WWE, ROH, Chikara, PWG or wherever. If they're great talent, then you sign them. Simple as that really. The "Homegrown" label is just a load of bullshit because nobody directly starts in one place but I digress.

As for who would be TNA's next breakout star? Well out of the non ex WWE talent... I'm going with Austin Aries. Dude has it all. The charisma, the mic skills, the in-ring work. What doesn't he have? Point is, he has everything to make him the next breakout star of the company. I see huge money in him, and the way he's been booked has been great. Slow builds are awesome when done right. It's just a matter of time until he's holding that World title, or be a main fixture in the main event scene as a whole, and Destination X is a hell of a start for that.

I have to say... IMO, whether they are trying to make stars out of people they've had for years, or guys like Aries they get from ROH, the reason they may never get a star the level of Punk (who I know also came from ROH) is the semi-regular "gut check" matches... WWE has guys get matches in the ring a lot early, too, but they aren't usually on the national shows.

If you are saying homegrown breakout stars, I'd say Austin Aries is the hands-down favorite to become the next big star for TNA. Although if you count his starts in ROH and other such companies, he's not a true "homegrown" talent. Guys like AJ Styles, Bobby Roode, and James Storm are the "homegrown" talents who have helped build Impact Wrestling into what it currently is. Roode and Storm have to be the best of what truly embodies TNA and even Styles, too. Those guys are the foundation of what made TNA great and still is great.

I'd like to see Christopher Daniels being used in the main events. He's super gifted in-ring and is great on the mic. He's everything needed to become a true main event guy. I'm glad that TNA are at least using Aries although Daniels deserves it, too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back