• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

TNA's Marketability

TCBT

Pre-Show Stalwart
I wanted to start a thread regarding TNA's marketability rather than putting it down for its inconsistant & ridiculous writing, 3/3/11, etc... In order for TNA to be successful, it needs to be much more marketable. TNA fails in marketability. That's an unfortunate fact. I'll list examples:

1. Constant stealing and mocking of WWE and their product. It's proven that it doesn't work. What happened with WWF's fanbase when they brought in "Fake Deisel" and "Fake Razor Ramon"? What happened to WCW when they brought in Oklahoma, 'The Juice' Juventud Guerrera, and countless other gimmicks?? Do you think RAW won the ratings war because of Gillbert or because of The Rock and Stone Cold Steve Austin? Even if TNA wants to mock 2/21/11, at least hype it better...

2. Constant belittling of WWE and their product. By and large - and this is according to Bischoff himself - the start of the decline for WCW was when they announced on Nitro 'former WCW wrestler Mick Foley' winning the WWE Title on a taped RAW. What happened that day? Most viewers tuned in to watch Mick Foley win the WWE Title on RAW. Every single TNA wrestler that has been in the WWE has blatantly put down WWE and their time there. Doesn't work. Just makes me feel bad for them, really, for living in a fantasy world in which they basically admit that WWE is the top dog.

3. Nothing can sell merchandise. What the hell is Fortune?? What are they selling? What's that hand thing they do? It doesn't mean anything. It doesnt' stand for anything. It's just a hand gesture they do because factions are supposed to have one, right??? You can't put that on a shirt, or one of those big foam hand things. Being an 'asshole' is cool.... if you're 15. I would love to buy a shirt that says 'asshole' if I was a teenager. But TNA isn't marketed to teens. It's marketed to young adults. They say so themselves. Immortal was the biggest faction (at least in size) that I've ever seen in wrestling. Why don't they make a good catch phrase and sell shirts and posters???

My question is: what would you guys do to fix TNA's BIGGEST problem? I'm not talking about storylines, or gimmick changes, or heel turns (although all of the above CAN be marketable if done right). But rather, what would you do if you owned TNA and wanted to make it MONEY??

TNa is marketable they just need to do more of it. I mentioned this earlier in another post but i think they need to advertise more.

1. Advertise the hell out of you show when you go to another location other than Orlando. Billboards with your big names..Hogan, Flair, Anderson, Angle, Sting. TV spots on all times of the day on the local stations along with USA to get some WWE fans on Thursday nights or to buy tickets. Radio spots would be good too. I mean when WWE comes to my area i hear about the show on local radio stations for at least 2 months at various points of the day. Hell I even saw a raw advertisemnt today at 10am on TV there are no kids at unless they are sick and most of the adults are working so who are they getting.

2. Get a second show on another station or move impact to another station and have the second show on Spike still. Move Impact to TNT (bcause they know drama, just a pun on Angle/Jarrett) better station more people have it and it will allow them to be seen more advertise the crap out if it on there too.

3. Use explosion to end or answer some of the questions like the Dixie/Hogan thing put it on there immediatly and mention it on Impact so it doesn't take way to much time on the show so we either have more matches or longer ones.

4. Get rid of people no one likes...Robbie E and Cookie..I don't know of one person that likes them.

5. Use the Hardy's and dudley's schools to train the guys that they are not using to make them better whether its in promo's or in wrestling. then repackage them and try again if they fail release them.

6. When they travel to another town its ok to tape extra shows there sell the tickets in a Don West Brown Bag special with steep discounts on the extra ticket or just the combo package and throw in a Shirt if they buy both tickets. If they only want on give them regular price.

7. Get a deal with Wal-mart or K-mart, hell even Hot topic to carry their shirts to sell. It would generate more money for them.

8. the slogans aren't all that if someone likes a person they will buy their shirts. I saw someone and adult wearing an Anderson Asshole shirt on Raw when they were in Wisconsin. If you like the person they will get the shirt. Even let the wrestlers try out their slogans on Impact to the live crowds to see how they work. If they don't go over well then don't allow them to use them. Let them come up with their own also non scripted ones.

I will probably think of a few more but that is all i can come up with for now.

Thought of something else.

9. Possibly doing things for the communities where they are going like donating to a School, charity, or say some of the gate reciepts will be donated to a local cause. Get you big names on the local news doing Charity work, or even get them on better talk shows like Leno, Letterman, Conan would be good. Its all about exposure. Hogan can not draw in people if they can't find where it is or what channel he is on. His name and Flairs name should bring in other people but they can't most people do not realize that there is another show other than WWE.

Thank you for listing a bunch of examples of times that the WWE and WCW mocked each other. Would you mind listing some other TNA examples aside from 3/3/11? Then I might think you actually have a point.

In your second point you spent more time talking about WCW's sins then giving me any decent examples from TNA. And really, "EVERY SINGLE" TNA wrestler has bashed the WWE? You sure about that? I don't seem to recall Christian, Tomko, Lashley, Hall, Waltman, or the Dudleyz ever criticizing their time working for Vince. Please don't talk in absolutes.

As for TNA's marketing, you answered your own question. TNA markets to "young adults," so how many young adults want to walk around wearing wrestling t-shirts? Even when nWo and D-X shirts were the hottest items in history you didn't see that many older fans wearing them outside of wrestling events they attended. What sort of revenue do you think they should be generating? TV money, PPV buys, video game sales... that's about it with the non-teenage audience. They're not going to strike gold with any other product in that demographic.

I think it's funny that you're telling us how making money is TNA's "biggest problem." What financial report are you basing that on? Where are the statistics? Seems to me you're just making a lot of assumptions and talking out your ass.

I agree with Rasha. First off, in what way does "stealing, mocking and belittling WWE" even have an impact on marketability. From where I stand it may even have a positive effect seeing as most over the age of 14 can clearly see how stale WWE products have become. It may even tell people "here is an alternative to your usual watered down kids show WWE has become"

Also, like Rasha said, what are you actually basing this on? Do you have access to TNA's profit and loss accounts, balance sheets and bank statements? How could we possibly know how many shirts they sell?

I live in the Charlotte Area of North Carolina for almost two years now John Boy and Billy The Big Show a nation wide morning show has had TNA Talks in the morning as well as gave way TNA Prize Packs and during the commerical breaks just about each one there is a commerical to watch TNA Impact! This week. Hermie Sadler is often on there to talk Nascar and usaully when he is there they talk about TNA as well.

Now, maybe its because I live in the south...but when I read on these boards that TNA isnt on the radio I get confused because I know that 99.7 The Fox (a southern rock station) and its sister station 106.5 The End will often run TNA Impact radio commericals.

I think TNA does seem to carter to the southern market at times but its only because of guys like Jarrett, Flair, Sting and ofcourse the Hardys have quite the history here not to mention the fact its close to Florida.

About T-Shirts being sold at Walmart/KMart or even Hot Topic. Its been a long time since I actually seen Walmart carry that type of stuff its mostly MMA stuf now. KMart recently made a deal with WWE and I know they have some WWE shirts and Hot Topic have their own "rip off" looking shirts of WWE but if you recall back in TNA's early days they did have a shirt out that I believe Hot Topic sold them they were like called Ice Blue or something like that. Hot Topic also sold Kurt Angle and Joe shirts for a long time. I dont think an offical deal was struck no but you could find TNA Shirts in the mall at Hot Topic ... about 4 years ago.

I even remember TNA being on Social Networking sites before WWE. TNAs Youtube page says Joined: Feb 23, 2006. While WWEs FanNation page says Joined: May 10, 2007. I am sure someone who knows how to find out could come up with offical dates for other things too. But I remember TNA was doing a lot of cool internet stuff before WWE and in these days thats how you market stuff.

TNA's Offical Merch is mostly Jeff Hardy and RobVanDam stuff and you can read the comments to see how people feel about them although its been spammed lately with people claiming to want 6X shirts. But TNA use to do some great shop deals. Some that WWE would never dream of doing like TNA use to have a deal where you would get like 4 shirts for 20 bucks or something. Now say what you will about TNA but how cool is it to get a Christian Cage shirt? Kurt Angle? Sting? For five bucks a piece.

And I have a TNA Shirt that I brought at a TNA Live event when they were touring with UWF and HighSpots.com came out and sold a huge selection of TNA Merch along with RoH merch. I got the dripping TNA logo shirt and that was almost...4 years ago I think? maybe more...and I have wore it a lot. Its been washed a lot. Its a great shirt its not cheap materal or anything. I also got a Joe shirt and from TNAs website I ordered their Fallen Angel shirts very cheap. I have worn the TNA shirts more than Edge's Damn Remodel shirt or any other.

TNAShop offers a lot of TAPOUT inspired shirts...they dont need catch phrases. I think if you make your career on a catch phrase thats lame. However, 3/3/11 proved something interesting the crowd does know Beer Moneys and even Shannon Moores. And those do appear on shirts. Alots of TNA fans love Beer Money shirts.

When it comes to everything else like billboards...where I live I dont see billboards for miles and miles...and even if I did. If I looked up there and saw Hogan and "big name" guys I would probably think it was a WWE sign if I looked and saw random indy guys...I would have no clue who it was. Instead, my local cable Charter will run anything wrestling related during WWE or TNA. Sometimes you get TNA PPV commericals during WWE and sometimes you get WWE PPV commericals during TNA and almost EVERY TNA IMPACT! you will see a LOCAL company running some sort of time that they spent their money on to get that spot during TNA Wrestling. Come SEE TNA's TOMMY DREAMER and Son of The Natural Boy REID FLAIR in Denver, North Carolina this Saturday!! Or one of those weird early 2000 promos where its crazy music and strobe lights...YOU WANT WRESTLING? CAN YOU HANDLE IT? WELL COME OUT TO THE FAIRGROUNDS THIS SATURDAY NIGHT AND SEE ALL THE STARS!! Buff Bagwell! Ricky Morton! etc etc etc...

You sometimes see local wrestling during WWE tv but its kind of rare...its mostly USA Network stuff. Which I think is what Spike TV does with TNA. Jersey Shore is on MTV and apart of Spike right? So, we get these Jersey Shore folks. We get a guy on last night during TNA talking about MMA on MTV2 and of course the commericals for Roy Meets Girl. Thats what TNA is. Thats what SpikeTV is about. Its about promoting everything on the network and not just TNA. Is it bad? I dont know...good for Spike though, I guess. But I doubt TNA or Dixie is actually spending money on these Jersey Shore folks to come in when they already work for MTV...that would be stupid. Its like on WWE when someone from an NBC Show comes on to GuestHost...its probably inthe contract and the network pays eventually.

And last thing ill say... BeckyBayless is hot....and if Robbie E used that RKO Finisher more often he could not only rack up wins but people would start to like him. That move will make you famous and really famous depending on how you use and when you use.

Thank you for listing a bunch of examples of times that the WWE and WCW mocked each other. Would you mind listing some other TNA examples aside from 3/3/11? Then I might think you actually have a point.

In your second point you spent more time talking about WCW's sins then giving me any decent examples from TNA. And really, "EVERY SINGLE" TNA wrestler has bashed the WWE? You sure about that? I don't seem to recall Christian, Tomko, Lashley, Hall, Waltman, or the Dudleyz ever criticizing their time working for Vince. Please don't talk in absolutes.

As for TNA's marketing, you answered your own question. TNA markets to "young adults," so how many young adults want to walk around wearing wrestling t-shirts? Even when nWo and D-X shirts were the hottest items in history you didn't see that many older fans wearing them outside of wrestling events they attended. What sort of revenue do you think they should be generating? TV money, PPV buys, video game sales... that's about it with the non-teenage audience. They're not going to strike gold with any other product in that demographic.

I think it's funny that you're telling us how making money is TNA's "biggest problem." What financial report are you basing that on? Where are the statistics? Seems to me you're just making a lot of assumptions and talking out your ass.

Aside from 3/3/11, Bischoff has blatantly mentioned "no, we won't have guests hosts, that's stupid," among so many other things. Tommy Dreamer couldn't wait to get out of his WWE contract, Matt Hardy was unhappy, Kurt Angle stuck it to Vince because he loved TNA, Mr. Kennedy couldn't stand the politics and blatantly mocked Triple H, Mick Foley couldn't stand hearing Vince on the other side of the headphones, Christian Cage left a lucrative contract to be with TNA, The New Age Outlaws called themselves 'VKM' and tried to start a war against WWE. How many other belitting moments do you need? Good point on Lashley though, I don't recall him saying much of anything anyway. He just left.

My point was that using that method doesn't help. I mentioned things that other companies did in the past to PROVE it doesn't work.

And I'm not saying TNA NEEDS money. But it DOES need to be more marketable. It needs to be seen more and get better PPV buys. I'm not trying to bash TNA. On the contrary.. just giving constructive criticism. I want them to be successful.

Instead of saying "you're talking out of your ass," can you provide a good plan for TNA to move up the ladder and someday be considered at least a threat and a competition for WWE? Because lack of marketabililty is USUALLY the reason why ANY company fails. And THAT, I base on my experience and my job.

I could say the same for WWE. But they have enough working on their side just for the PG product. I don't like it necessarily, but it's marketable. But back then, when WCW and WWE was on fire, they had all sorts of marketable characters. Sometimes the storylines were ridiculous, but somehow they sold PPV's.

You know what's one thing I think could help, is having a recognizable Champion, like Jeff Hardy or even Ric Flair - even at his age, and sell whatever you can - posters, PPV's, commercials, etc. with that Champion. Jeff Hardy was Champ but it seemed like he was completely lost in the shuffle of Immortal, etc. I think TNA has a good idea, but it gets completely lost in translation.

Aside from 3/3/11, Bischoff has blatantly mentioned "no, we won't have guests hosts, that's stupid," among so many other things. Tommy Dreamer couldn't wait to get out of his WWE contract, Matt Hardy was unhappy, Kurt Angle stuck it to Vince because he loved TNA, Mr. Kennedy couldn't stand the politics and blatantly mocked Triple H, Mick Foley couldn't stand hearing Vince on the other side of the headphones, Christian Cage left a lucrative contract to be with TNA, The New Age Outlaws called themselves 'VKM' and tried to start a war against WWE. How many other belitting moments do you need?

So what if Bischoff says guest hosts are a stupid? He's one of the most successful idea men in wrestling history and has an opinion. I appreciate his honesty. It's one thing to crack on TNA for doing things on-camera like the 3/3/11 spoof or the "VKM" gimmick you mentioned, but what guys say in personal interviews, chats, or other forms of media is fair game.

Also, how does guys like Christian or Angle deciding to dump the WWE equate to them "belittling" it? It's been well-documented that TNA offers a lighter schedule and none of the micro-managing that comes from the WWE. Why are these guys wrong for wanting the alternative?

And I'm not saying TNA NEEDS money. But it DOES need to be more marketable. It needs to be seen more and get better PPV buys. I'm not trying to bash TNA. On the contrary.. just giving constructive criticism. I want them to be successful.

Well, their ratings are at an all-time high right now. Your wish is coming true. Hooray!

Instead of saying "you're talking out of your ass," can you provide a good plan for TNA to move up the ladder and someday be considered at least a threat and a competition for WWE? Because lack of marketabililty is USUALLY the reason why ANY company fails.

Here's a plan; keep doing what you're doing. Ratings are going up and the company is "profitable" according to its management. No idea if that's true, but I'm more inclined to believe them than your blind assertions. I will suggest that they add an extra hour of weekly programming either to the length of Impact or set up a second show that features more of the mid-card talent. The roster is too big for what they have right now.

I could say the same for WWE. But they have enough working on their side just for the PG product. I don't like it necessarily, but it's marketable. But back then, when WCW and WWE was on fire, they had all sorts of marketable characters. Sometimes the storylines were ridiculous, but somehow they sold PPV's.

You need to keep in mind a few things here. One... the talent pool was ridiculously deeper. Guys like Eddie and Jericho were lower-card feuds for the TV and Cruiserweight Titles. How many guys with that talent do you see in the lower levels of the TNA or even the WWE roster these days? "Marketable characters" is pretty dependent on the wrestlers actually offering something to market, and it's just not what it used to be.

Two... PPVs are harder to sell because of both online streaming and the overall downfall of wrestling. Gone are the days of having your friends over a wrestling PPV on a Sunday night. Now, many wrestling fans do it either in the closet or simply alone because their the only ones who watch. How many people want to spend $40 to sit at home alone and watch something? I sure as hell don't.

You know what's one thing I think could help, is having a recognizable Champion, like Jeff Hardy or even Ric Flair - even at his age, and sell whatever you can - posters, PPV's, commercials, etc. with that Champion. Jeff Hardy was Champ but it seemed like he was completely lost in the shuffle of Immortal, etc. I think TNA has a good idea, but it gets completely lost in translation.

Well, again you get your wish as Sting is the new champ. He gives you the marketability of Flair without nearly the limitations of age and ring work. Guess we'll see what happens. But I still say you're totally overrating the value of merchadise sales due to TNA's core audience. Their biggest goal should be a compelling weekly product that keeps TV and advertising revenue rolling in.

No large demographic is suddenly going to start buying TNA PPVs just because one guy is the big star. Kurt Angle is one of the biggest stars of the last ten years but even as TNA's champ he couldn't change their PPV fortunes. Neither has Jeff Hardy. They're certainly not going to get it from any of their homegrown talent. All they can do is hope for exponential growth as the TV ratings improve, the fanbase grows, and hopefully watching TNA becomes more of a social event than a personal hobby.

Marketing could certainly be better in TNA but it definitely isn't because the product isn't marketable. Most of it has to do with such things being quite expensive on a large scale and TNA not having the money for such endeavors consistently.

1. Constant stealing and mocking of WWE and their product. It's proven that it doesn't work. What happened with WWF's fanbase when they brought in "Fake Deisel" and "Fake Razor Ramon"? What happened to WCW when they brought in Oklahoma, 'The Juice' Juventud Guerrera, and countless other gimmicks?? Do you think RAW won the ratings war because of Gillbert or because of The Rock and Stone Cold Steve Austin? Even if TNA wants to mock 2/21/11, at least hype it better...

It is gillberg, there is no ratings war and if you are going to say TNA is at fault for something, why would you list a bunch of things that didn't even happen in TNA as examples?

My point was that using that method doesn't help. I mentioned things that other companies did in the past to PROVE it doesn't work.

Yet you still have not proved TNA uses that method. In fact anecdotal cherry picked examples prove nothing. What about DX invading nitro? bWo anyone? TNA obviously does some stuff here and there but the idea that a company is doomed to fail because some IWC nerds get their panties in a bunch over comments that most people do not even know the significance of is a joke. TNA does not have some parody character of the current product featured every week. They did not deliver "fake sting," they delivered the real thing. If he was going to be marketable in WWE for the biggest event of the year I would love to hear why he isn't as a champion in TNA.

Every single TNA wrestler that has been in the WWE has blatantly put down WWE and their time there.

False, people have called you out on it already, and if you think no one that left WCW put it down (and you obviously are obsessed with WCW examples so you should know) then you are crazy. Both WWE and WCW did these things. WWE did not go out of business so find a new way to support your odd claims.

3. Nothing can sell merchandise. What the hell is Fortune?? What are they selling? What's that hand thing they do? It doesn't mean anything. It doesnt' stand for anything. It's just a hand gesture they do because factions are supposed to have one, right??? You can't put that on a shirt, or one of those big foam hand things. Being an 'asshole' is cool.... if you're 15. I would love to buy a shirt that says 'asshole' if I was a teenager. But TNA isn't marketed to teens. It's marketed to young adults. They say so themselves. Immortal was the biggest faction (at least in size) that I've ever seen in wrestling. Why don't they make a good catch phrase and sell shirts and posters???

If you think that Mr. Anderson isn't selling merch, or do not see the possibilities from his gimmick within the prowrestling audience, then I think you need to have your head examined. Consistently Hardy and Anderson top the most popular merch on TNAs website. Not sure if you have been watching TNA long but one of the most noticeable things to change over the past year was that the merch was actually visible and promoted. The improvements in that area seem to have been vast. It is still far from perfect, but if you think TNA has to be a well-oiled machine on the scale of WWE just to be successful, then you are mistaken.

I was surprised when the name Immortal was first announced. that name is a big fail. how can you call a group the name Immortal. in WCW when they had their big faction it was New World Order, or letters nWo. the logo was awesome. I bet WCW made a lot of money on that logo. does Immortal even have a logo? I haven't noticed. at least now I see Fortune has a logo. the hand signal is more similar to the 4 fingers the Four Horsemen would throw up.

sex and violence is just as much part of a teenagers life as an adult.

TNA needs commercials on other networks. I haven't once seen a TNA commercial on another network.

TNA should forget that WWE even exists. I wonder how many WWE fans there are they simply do not like TNA because TNA wants to be negative towards WWE. maybe if TNA stopped anything to do with WWE, more WWE fans would give them a chance.

So what if Bischoff says guest hosts are a stupid? He's one of the most successful idea men in wrestling history and has an opinion. I appreciate his honesty. It's one thing to crack on TNA for doing things on-camera like the 3/3/11 spoof or the "VKM" gimmick you mentioned, but what guys say in personal interviews, chats, or other forms of media is fair game.

Also, how does guys like Christian or Angle deciding to dump the WWE equate to them "belittling" it? It's been well-documented that TNA offers a lighter schedule and none of the micro-managing that comes from the WWE. Why are these guys wrong for wanting the alternative?

Rasha, I agree with a lot of what you said in your whole post. You made a lot of good points. I guess I didn't explain myself better (and I guess that's why a lot of the 'balsier' people behind the computer decided to insult me). What I meant was that, yes, I've been watching TNA since it's inception, and everything I mentioned regarding what Bischoff, Christian, Dreamer, etc said was, in fact, said on Impact. Not on other media outlets. I totally agree with them speaking their minds everywhere else though, but like SpecialFNK said, the further they stay away from WWE, the better they'll be, I THINK. It just seems bush league to me that they constantly take jabs at the WWE on many episodes of Impact.

For everyone else here, this topic was started to get OPINIONS as to why things don't work so well for TNA. I never claimed to speak FACTS unless they were. Yes, their ratings are slowly getting better, but don't you think that after being on Spike TV for such a long time, their ratings would be moving up or down a bit more???? But like you said, they are getting better ratings now. Maybe things are changing. But they need to continue on this route.

I mention WCW a lot (although clearly NOT an 'obsession', talk about speaking in absolutes) because TNA mimmicks a lot of what the later WCW did. Do I have to mention the ways? Should I start by the writing team? Can anyone - TNA fans included - seriously tell me they can't tell the similarities in the writing??

Once WWE started winning the ratings war, they focused more on what was working - edgy, controversial TV & strong storylines/characters (that's what worked AT THAT TIME), while WCW focused more on putting down WWE. Again, can anyone - TNA fans included - seriously NOT find the similarities between what WCW did and what TNA is doing now, in terms of promos, gimmicks, etc? Does anyone remember Goldust's run as Black Reign?? (Get it? Gold Dust - Black Rain... c'mon that's ridiculous. Granted, that was a while back, but still.)

Well, again you get your wish as Sting is the new champ. He gives you the marketability of Flair without nearly the limitations of age and ring work. Guess we'll see what happens. But I still say you're totally overrating the value of merchadise sales due to TNA's core audience. Their biggest goal should be a compelling weekly product that keeps TV and advertising revenue rolling in.

No large demographic is suddenly going to start buying TNA PPVs just because one guy is the big star. Kurt Angle is one of the biggest stars of the last ten years but even as TNA's champ he couldn't change their PPV fortunes. Neither has Jeff Hardy. They're certainly not going to get it from any of their homegrown talent. All they can do is hope for exponential growth as the TV ratings improve, the fanbase grows, and hopefully watching TNA becomes more of a social event than a personal hobby.

Like I said, I agree with Rasha - for the most part - as he has very interesting points. I would imagine no one guy is going to change the face of TNA. It takes time and a compelling TV show. But I don't think my points are too far off in terms of WHY a lot of people - after a good amount of years - consider it a hobby, like Rasha said, instead of a social event. It takes just a couple of things facing the right direction for any company to find success....

I mention WCW a lot (although clearly NOT an 'obsession', talk about speaking in absolutes) because TNA mimmicks a lot of what the later WCW did. Do I have to mention the ways? Should I start by the writing team? Can anyone - TNA fans included - seriously tell me they can't tell the similarities in the writing??

How do similarities make something exactly the same? How do similarities in the writers doom TNA from a business and marketing standpoint? Actually how was WCW not marketable if you are into comparisons? Maybe most importantly, how is being compared to a company that was more successful than TNA a bad thing, especially when the biggest issues WCW had have no relevance in TNA. TNA does not have tons of bloated salaries with creative control and their owners are supportive. If TNA starts getting as many PPV buys as WCW did then they would be ecstatic.

Does anyone remember Goldust's run as Black Reign?? (Get it? Gold Dust - Black Rain... c'mon that's ridiculous. Granted, that was a while back, but still.)

Cherry picking isn't an argument. Does anyone remember Boogeyman? Just listing the things you didn't/don't like about WCW or TNA and the things you did/do about WWE is a silly way to represent the entirety of either product.

As for TNA's marketing, you answered your own question. TNA markets to "young adults," so how many young adults want to walk around wearing wrestling t-shirts? Even when nWo and D-X shirts were the hottest items in history you didn't see that many older fans wearing them outside of wrestling events they attended.

When wrestling was in it's heyday all I saw were young adults/adults wearing Austin 3:16, Rock and nWo shirts. Everywhere I went I would see an Austin shirt.

So what if Bischoff says guest hosts are a stupid? He's one of the most successful idea men in wrestling history and has an opinion.

What exactly were all these ideas that made him so great? He had one idea that he took from Japan. I fail to see the others that make him so great.

As far as TNA goes they have to forget about the WWE. Work on your own product. Get rid of Russo because I have no doubts he is behind most of the stupid shit TNA does.

By all means develop your own talent and push them. Stop signing meth heads and pushing them because in the end it makes you look bad. AJ Styles should be the face of your company. Get him "over" ANY WAY POSSIBLE!!

Find a way to get more commercials on other networks.

Find a way to get out and tour a little more. There is major untapped potential out here in Vegas. Ask Bischoff, he knows.

Please keep Dixie off my screen. She is a great person and seems genuinely nice but no one gives a fuck about her unless she is being driven through the mat.

When wrestling was in it's heyday all I saw were young adults/adults wearing Austin 3:16, Rock and nWo shirts. Everywhere I went I would see an Austin shirt.

First of all, we have to make sure we're talking about the same age group when we say "young adults." From a medical standpoint, that is considered to be ages 20-40. I was 14-20 during the Attitude Era and even in my age group it was considered kind of lame to wear wrestling attire. I certainly didn't see anyone older than me doing it except down at the flea market. And wrestling is pretty popular in my area (Southwest Virginia) compared to the average American region.

What exactly were all these ideas that made him so great? He had one idea that he took from Japan. I fail to see the others that make him so great.

What a cliche and uninformed opinion you have of Bischoff! Even before the nWo came along he was running WCW and helped them turn a profit for the first time in their history. He's also largely responsible for the influx of foreign talent into American wrestling and pushed for the Cruiserweight Division. You might've never heard the last name "Guerrero" without Bischoff. And, when Turner was afraid to go head-to-head with McMahon, Bischoff was the one who pushed for Monday Nitro and gave us the Monday Night Wars.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back